[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

It looks like a big haul for Calgary right now, given that Lindholm is a UFA, but it's too early to tell. 

If Lindholm re-signs, if Hunter doesn't meet expectations, if Calgary flips Kuzmenko for a big haul, if Kuzmenko fits well with Huberdeau... too many unknowns to pick a trade winner quite yet.

I wouldn't have made this trade for a UFA but I've been wrong many times. I was devastated when we moved on from prospects in the past, like Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Subban, even Nicklas Jensen. I was wrong then... I'm probably wrong now.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Even if he doesn't score more, but shuts down the Drai/McJesus/MacK/etc..of the conference,  I'd say it's still a huge win.  This guy is a 20min+ per night, all situation player, Kuz was a perimeter IG good story,  that's it.  

Exactly. We desperately needed a 2C and we got the best one on the market.  

Home run. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Strawbone said:

I love this. I am an impatient man who isn’t getting younger and I’ve loved this team for 45 years. I am ready for a deep playoff run and have very little concern for what they gave up. I am excited for THIS MAGICAL SEASON and this trade makes it even better!

They weren't wreckless.  All the top prospects are still there. Wilander, JL, D EP, Podz, Ratty etc. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rush said:

Hunter Brzustewicz!!! Noooooo

that hurts 

let's say the kid turns into something over the next 3-5 years. let's say he's got quinn hughes ceiling (which is an enormous reach since quinn is a generational talent). where do you play him? there's only one puck, and quinn is always going to get every prime offensive situation for as long as he's a canuck. 

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Interesting that the numbers he's worn in his career are 19 (WJC), 16 (first Carolina number), and 28 (since 2017). Since he can't wear any of them, I wonder what he'll choose.

He could wear 28, but likely won’t. 

So last year the Canucks traded pending UFA Bo Horvat, who had 54 points in 49 games, for Anthony Beauvillier, who had 20 points in 49 games, Aatu Raty, and a 1st round pick which ended up being 17th overall.

Now the Canucks trade for pending UFA Elias Lindholm, who has 32 points in 49 games, for Andrei Kuzmenko, who has 21 points in 43 games, a 1st round pick (likely 20-30), a 4th round pick, Jurmo (who probably wasnt going to be signed), and Brzustewicz.

Alvin either didnt get enough for Horvat or overpaid for Lindholm....or both.  

In addition, the following is a list of futures Alvin has traded over the past 2 seasons: 2023 1st, 2nd, and 5th; 2024 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th; 2026 3rd. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Interesting that the numbers he's worn in his career are 19 (WJC), 16 (first Carolina number), and 28 (since 2017). Since he can't wear any of them, I wonder what he'll choose.

#TBD.  I'm sure Cole will tell him about #28. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

They weren't wreckless.  All the top prospects are still there. Wilander, JL, D EP, Podz, Ratty etc. 

Gillis didn't go 'all in' enough when he had the chance imho.  That was his mistake.

Now this could end up laying a large fart but that's why you pay the GM to be making these types of assessments.  Their tenure on the club will depend on how the results turn out.

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

So last year the Canucks traded pending UFA Bo Horvat, who had 54 points in 49 games, for Anthony Beauvillier, who had 20 points in 49 games, Aatu Raty, and a 1st round pick which ended up being 17th overall.

Now the Canucks trade for pending UFA Elias Lindholm, who has 32 points in 49 games, for Andrei Kuzmenko, who has 21 points in 43 games, a 1st round pick (likely 20-30), a 4th round pick, Jurmo (who probably wasnt going to be signed), and Brzustewicz.

Alvin either didnt get enough for Horvat or overpaid for Lindholm....or both.  

In addition, the following is a list of futures Alvin has traded over the past 2 seasons: 2023 1st, 2nd, and 5th; 2024 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th; 2026 3rd. 

It was a much better pick in a much better draft

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Pettersson/Lindholm together is going to be sweet

EL-LEE-US vs EL-LIE-US

Which pronunciation wins?

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rush said:

Is Lindholm at the all star weekend and is he their only rep. If so will he wear a Vancouver patch or Calgary? They want one person from each team right?

Pretty sure Horvat wore Canucks attire last year? Same kinda thing