[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

7 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

The Lindros deal isn't a comparable at all.

Obviously not straight up. 

But when you compare the overall return, Forsberg was just important as Lindros. 

We shall see. 

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

So last year the Canucks traded pending UFA Bo Horvat, who had 54 points in 49 games, for Anthony Beauvillier, who had 20 points in 49 games, Aatu Raty, and a 1st round pick which ended up being 17th overall.

Now the Canucks trade for pending UFA Elias Lindholm, who has 32 points in 49 games, for Andrei Kuzmenko, who has 21 points in 43 games, a 1st round pick (likely 20-30), a 4th round pick, Jurmo (who probably wasnt going to be signed), and Brzustewicz.

Alvin either didnt get enough for Horvat or overpaid for Lindholm....or both.  

In addition, the following is a list of futures Alvin has traded over the past 2 seasons: 2023 1st, 2nd, and 5th; 2024 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th; 2026 3rd. 

And the team is now a beast.

It costs when you take a team with little to nothing in the cupboard and turn it around in no time.

• Vintage 1

With Lindholm we have 3 - #1 centers potentially

Great 2 way player, massive upgrade on the dot and RD , plays a Tocchet game.

Our odds for the cup should take a jump with solidifying our top 6 

I'm still pinching myself comparing this team to this time last year, one of the greatest improvements in recent history.

He should get his game back for sure with Petey on the wing  which hopefully starts at the Allstar game!

The next game feels like a century away....😬

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

It looks like a big haul for Calgary right now, given that Lindholm is a UFA, but it's too early to tell. 

If Lindholm re-signs, if Hunter doesn't meet expectations, if Calgary flips Kuzmenko for a big haul, if Kuzmenko fits well with Huberdeau... too many unknowns to pick a trade winner quite yet.

I wouldn't have made this trade for a UFA but I've been wrong many times. I was devastated when we moved on from prospects in the past, like Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Subban, even Nicklas Jensen. I was wrong then... I'm probably wrong now.

JR and PA always win

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like the move;

Its kinda like trading parts though?

Ultimately we paid more for Lindholm than we received for Bo!

In-between we used parts to get Hronek though, so its been used for the betterment of our team!  

Poll question; Is Lindholm better than Bo???

But we didn’t though.

We got a 15th-20th pick at the time and a better prospect.

Why are all the fans that hyped Hodgson and Schroeder suddenly coming out of the woodwork.

Edited by DeNiro

I'm not particularly thrilled that we gave up Hunter B.

But like Matt Damon once said in Rounders: "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle. But you can't win much, either."

• Haha 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Good drafting by PA made this deal possible 

A 3rd rounder is the key prospect that got this deal done....

We definitely over sold Brzustewicz.  But some great drafting by PA and translating it into a great 2way C for a deep playoff run. 

Him not making the WJC team raised some questions for me. I’m guessing he has a lot of defensive work to do if he’s gonna make the big leagues

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

You don't remember the backlash when they gave Cole 28 before the season started? Why do you think Cole is 82?

I do remember. I also remember Messier wearing #11 after it was “unofficially retired” after Wayne Maki passed. Maybe Messier did the same and reversed the numbers?😉 

Like I said. He could wear 28, but likely won’t. 

Edited by Thundernuts

Just now, fanofvan said:

If the Canucks flame out in the 1st round, what will that 1st round pick be?  Not sure last years draft was "much better".

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Must be tough living in a world where the worst is always gonna happen.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Power-Forward said:

We Are All Canucks.

We Are All In!!!!

Poker GIF by AllIn

How odd is it that we both reference Rounders in back to back posts less than a minute apart?

6 minutes ago, Rush said:

Is Lindholm at the all star weekend and is he their only rep. If so will he wear a Vancouver patch or Calgary? They want one person from each team right?

Bo had the NYI patch last yr, but played in the Pacific div with EP.  

Lindholm should wear the Orca just to get Nux the 6th All star.  

Demko

JT

BB

EP

QH

Lindholm

Coach Tocchet 

Edited by Jaimito

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I look at it like. The rags not trading Schneider Chityl and 1st for Miller when they had the chance. Had they done the deal they'd probably have a cup. 

Same with Carolina not doing anything to improve.

5 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

So last year the Canucks traded pending UFA Bo Horvat, who had 54 points in 49 games, for Anthony Beauvillier, who had 20 points in 49 games, Aatu Raty, and a 1st round pick which ended up being 17th overall.

Now the Canucks trade for pending UFA Elias Lindholm, who has 32 points in 49 games, for Andrei Kuzmenko, who has 21 points in 43 games, a 1st round pick (likely 20-30), a 4th round pick, Jurmo (who probably wasnt going to be signed), and Brzustewicz.

Alvin either didnt get enough for Horvat or overpaid for Lindholm....or both.  

In addition, the following is a list of futures Alvin has traded over the past 2 seasons: 2023 1st, 2nd, and 5th; 2024 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th; 2026 3rd. 

And the team is 1st overall and top 3 favorite to win the Cup

Plus we have Lekkerimaki and Willander in the system..

Genius work by JR/PA and management team

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

And the team is now a beast.

It costs when you take a team with little to nothing in the cupboard and turn it around in no time.

I'd argue the team is overachieving.  How is next years defence looking right now?  Hughes, Soucy, and Juulsen?

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But we didn’t though.

We got a 15th-20th pick at the time and a better prospect.

Whyvare all the fans that hyped Hodgson and Schroeder suddenly coming out of the woodwork.

We shouldn’t talk about the dark times. I think in that 13 or 14 year stretch, the only 2 good first rounders Canucks drafted were Horvat and Boeser. 🤢

Edited by Northern_Nuck

38 minutes ago, Devron said:

We just gotta sign and at least go deep in the playoffs brother.

had to take that chance. I’m glad it wasn’t Podz, Lekkermaki or willander 

Don't get me wrong my friend.

I have got every digit crossed.

I have even crossed my eyeballs in the hope we win the cup ! 

I am glad we didn't give up those players as well.

I will say I was starting to think that Hunter is looking like that rare third rounder that might really pan out, at a hard to get position, RHD.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1