[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

It won't be as much as Lindholm, but his cap hit is super attractive and he's played well since recovering from surgery.  He's probably the next best C available 

I agree. Monahan is a decent consolation prize to Lindholm. Go big or go home I say. I think Lindholm's defensive ability and compete will be big come playoffs. JT will be freed up at times from that responsibility now. Monahan can't do what Lindholm does defensively. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

What did the team really give up though? 

An underperforming forward, a very late 1st pick and a couple of prospects that are behind the batch that are ultimately better to crack the roster. 

What’s the issue? 

Now a trade for defensive depth occurs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Lindholm is far, far better defensively. Now and historically. Lindholm is a righty, which we sorely needed at center. Monohan is a decent consolation prize but I'd rather go all in for quality. Lindholm has way more compete as well and plays the Tocchet way. They are different players with historically different numbers. 

My main point, which I may not have articulated properly, is that we could have gotten Monahan for less and had an extra $3m in space to add another piece.  I don't think the Canucks main concern at this point is defensive minded forwards.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Dunno how you said we bought low. The price we paid wasn't low at all. Could've had Monahan for a cheaper price and saved a ton more of cap space.

Groan, another Monahan fan. He's at least a few notches below Lindholm. Historcially inconsistent and not nearly as good defensively. Go for quality if going for it.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What did the team really give up though? 

An underperforming forward, a very late 1st pick and a couple of prospects that are behind the batch that are ultimately better to crack the roster. 

What’s the issue? 

we can't keep all the pokemon cards. 

being a hockey fan is more like an obsessive, neverending game of d&d for half the people here. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Dunno how you said we bought low. The price we paid wasn't low at all. Could've had Monahan for a cheaper price and saved a ton more of cap space.

Disagree. The price would have been astronomical if we were trying to trade for Lindholm during one of his point-per-game seasons. We need a right-handed centreman, and someone other than Miller to take faceoffs. He's top 5 in faceoffs in the league and has a scoring pedigree. Monahan is none of those things. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hate the Coilers but very much like this player. He plays an honest game. 

I hate and respect EDM’s team. 

I absolutely love RNH and Draisaitl. I wish somehow we can bring N.Van Nuge home eventually. Probably never gonna happen but he’s been a great player for years. 

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

My main point, which I may not have articulated properly, is that we could have gotten Monahan for less and had an extra $3m in space to add another piece.  I don't think the Canucks main concern at this point is defensive minded forwards.

It is. JT shoulders too much of that load. Playoffs tighten up and so will our scoring and PP's will be fewer. Absolutely preventing more goals is of most importance. 

• Like 1

I think that trade shows Petey and Co that organization is extremely serious about building a contender now. Plus it gives Petey another countryman to play with.

I do hope that trade works out great, it has a potential and ,  Canucks goes to the SCF at least.

GCG!!

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

In a dogfight, the Canucks would beat down those Soiler assclowns. 

Having Lindholm to match up against McBaby surely helps with that. Miller does great against the Baby Whiner. Now we have a right shot draw too. Such a good add for us. Still shocked we only gave up Kuzzy from our roster. And none of our top young guys or top prospects. Really what did we give up? A very late first and a B prospect in HB. Not much at all considering how good Lindholm is. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2