[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good point about trading him. Maybe getting a return close to what Quebec got for Lindros too? Alway draft BPA in the NHL. 

That’s a very good question. Jagrs junior numbers indicate a superstar in the making. My only guess is that Lindros wasn’t at risk of defecting to a Euro league so he was a certain asset in Canada (edit: meant the NHL); whereas Jagr could possibly have spent a few years pro in Europe somewhere.

I recall reading Drance’s book “100 thing Canucks fans” and the history of the nedved over Jágr pick by multiple teams was shared - he was only willing to play with Lemieux. I could be mistaken in my account or Drance could be in the history - but that’s my recollection. 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Thanks 1

I love how this is one of the most successful Canucks years of all time and people want to trade away 1/4 of the team. It’s like we wanna sabotage the chemistry they have. 

I’d be fine with Kuzmenko+ for Guentzel. And maybe a late round pick for a 13th/14th Fwd. I think our defence has great depth and our goaltending tandem rivals and tandem we’ve ever had.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Screw said:

I appreciated the Anthony Beauvillier/ Nikita Zadorov parlour trick PA pulled off.

I wonder what he will do for an encore?

fool me once.... Chicago aint gonna take garly or myers.

3 hours ago, Johnny said:

As it is right now one of garland and kuz needs to be removed to be sble to bring back our d for next year

Absolute most we can add before there are severe issues is 6.5 and thats if all the players besides petey take a deal knowing their numbers are part of the whole and not the individual and then petey gets 11.5

that is what is attractive about Eriksson EK, his cap hit is 5.25 and doesnt need a new contract until the 29-30 season, the same year we are free of the OEL buyout penalty

so trading

Kuz

Raty

24 first

25 first

25 second 

is the price to keep competitive with this roster. Its one big move that puts us over the top, keeps the window open longer and would allow us to inject youth over the next few years. There is a lot of value in the cap hit and only puts the roster in a position to be able to only have to drop Garland and the rest can stay

It I had to choose between Kuz or Garland. It would be Kuzmenko now. If you had asked at the start of the year, it would've been Garland. But Garland has been so effective with Joshua and Blueger. Can't even imagine breaking that line up now, could you? 

Kuzmenko it seems is at an all time low. Could he bounce back? Sure, but if we sold now, we'd be selling at a loss, because no one's going to want to give up top tier assets for a former 39 goal scorer. I bet he bounces back, and we'd be made to look like fools for giving up on him, but we have a good defense. It might be worth being made like fools, if we can bring the defense core back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screw said:

All common sense.

With the Soucy injury, suddenly a Lindholm + Tanev deal looks better and better.

It would be something like our 1st this year, plus a prospect like Brzustewics (no idea how to spell that), plus Kuzmenko, plus a later pick.  They retain enough on one of the guys to make the money work.

Pull the trigger when we have more than a one day break 

• Like 1
  • Tank 1

Cap space is useless unless it’s used and used intelligently.

The Canucks sit atop the standings right now and are considered a legitimate contender.

However I still get a vibe that some posters can only achieve climax on July 1st when the team has a potential 32.5m in cap to work with.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I love how this is one of the most successful Canucks years of all time and people want to trade away 1/4 of the team. It’s like we wanna sabotage the chemistry they have. 

I’d be fine with Kuzmenko+ for Guentzel. And maybe a late round pick for a 13th/14th Fwd. I think our defence has great depth and our goaltending tandem rivals and tandem we’ve ever had.

Yeah everyone is fine with that trade. Except Pittsburg, their management, their fanbase, their lawyers, bankers, financers, marketing groups... All of twitter, TSN, even Sportsnet would not support a canadian team snaking a deal like that ha ha ha

11 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

That’s a very good question. Jagrs junior numbers indicate a superstar in the making. My only guess is that Lindros wasn’t at risk of defecting to a Euro league so he was a certain asset in Canada (edit: meant the NHL); whereas Jagr could possibly have spent a few years pro in Europe somewhere.

I recall reading Drance’s book “100 thing Canucks fans” and the history of the nedved over Jágr pick by multiple teams was shared - he was only willing to play with Lemieux. I could be mistaken in my account or Drance could be in the history - but that’s my recollection. 

Also - the book was a stocking stuffer gift from the family of a previous partner whose family was from outside BC, didn’t follow hockey, but were being thoughtful in a gift. 

This is neither an endorsement nor a slight on Drance. I like reading and it had some good stories. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

All common sense.

With the Soucy injury, suddenly a Lindholm + Tanev deal looks better and better.

It would be something like our 1st this year, plus a prospect like Brzustewics (no idea how to spell that), plus Kuzmenko, plus a later pick.  They retain enough on one of the guys to make the money work.

Pull the trigger when we have more than a one day break 

we'd have 7 bonafide D who would all need to play + Juulsen if we took Tanev on

8 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

If we were losing they’d have almost identical proposals - that’s the best part. It’s just a mob of GM mode geniuses. 

• Like 1

The question is what is Kuzmenko's value right now?  Has there been reports of any teams shopping around with offers?  Do teams like his potential or is his value in the doghouse right now?  Or do we want to keep him and hopefully he strikes like lightning later on.  He'd be like a free TDL acquisition if we can just get him to start producing 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Also - the book was a stocking stuffer gift from the family of a previous partner whose family was from outside BC, didn’t follow hockey, but were being thoughtful in a gift. 

This is neither an endorsement nor a slight on Drance. I like reading and it had some good stories. 

good recovery. Was drance even born yet? cause that drama was from my teens and for sure there was no Drance, because spreadsheets did not exist

2 hours ago, ngoway said:

If we really want to push for the cup, I feel like we'll need to bring in someone with more impact and who are a bit younger so we can add them to our core. With these 3 guys going into their mid 30's now, I wonder if there's a lower cost, similar style player, and on a cheaper contract/with a cheaper ask. 

My guess is our better trade assets would be utilized for the players with a higher ask with more impact!

More impact would be great, as long as Lekkerimaki, D-Petey or Willander aren't involved.  The thing is though, the cost for high-impact, high-ask guys like Guentzel/ Lindholm will probably be exhorbitant, and we've also gotta see how much to save for Petey and Hronek's extensions.  

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

we'd have 7 bonafide D who would all need to play + Juulsen if we took Tanev on

Does Calgary really want our Zamboni that bad? Cause we dont have cheerleaders to trade.... 

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

More impact would be great, as long as Lekkerimaki, D-Petey or Willander aren't involved.  The thing is though, the cost for high-impact, high-ask guys like Guentzel/ Lindholm will probably be exhorbitant, and we've also gotta see how much to save for Petey and Hronek's extensions.  

Oh a voice of reason finally. thanks buddy.

Always fun to take a stab at it. I don't know if we have the assets to get it done, but I like something like this. (At least the cap works)

Out:
Myers, Cole, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko (19.25M)

In:
Tanev, Savard, Toffoli, Lindholm, Monahan (19.085M)

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

good recovery. Was drance even born yet? cause that drama was from my teens and for sure there was no Drance, because spreadsheets did not exist

Haha! I realized after stating my source that I needed to clarify its veracity. Not sure if he was. But either way, it wasn’t written for an academic publication or done from a “I met with or heard from” manner. It’s just an interesting collection of stories that have likely been drawn from abroad and fan lore.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we can move out Garly or Myers. For a player like Lindholm or Guentzel it would be worth it. 

Come on.... you did math before right? it would have to be Garly AND Myers. But does calgary want or can they afford both? Pitterspergs? Does Crosby want either of them?

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Haha! I realized after stating my source that I needed to clarify its veracity. Not sure if he was. But either way, it wasn’t written for an academic publication or done from a “I met with or heard from” manner. It’s just an interesting collection of stories that have likely been drawn from abroad and fan lore.

Sounds like Drance's thoughts, stories and Lore.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Always fun to take a stab at it. I don't know if we have the assets to get it done, but I like something like this. (At least the cap works)

Out:
Myers, Cole, Mikheyev, Kuzmenko (19.25M)

In:
Tanev, Savard, Toffoli, Lindholm, Monahan (19.085M)

To much going out, this team got to where they are by following tocchets system all but Kuzmenko, he’s the only one that hasn’t found a home on the roster, I wouldn’t wanna risk throwing chemistry off by too many additions,  mikheyev and Myers are safe and I’d even consider Cole safe unless there was an absolute home run trade that we need to free cap space with, we are at a small tweaks only stage 

2 hours ago, Reznor said:

This. We might be able to factor the cap of bringing in ONE good player (Especially if Kuz gets moved), but 2 players of that caliber will not likely happen. 

Now with Soucy out again, we have three areas of need:

1) 2nd line center

2) Top 6 winger if we move on from Kuzmenko.
3) Possibly 1 solid defenseman - preferably top 4. To me, this one is debatable. As much as we'd like to continue bolstering the D, the players in place right now have actually done a pretty darn good job. While missing Soucy will make it more difficult to continue wracking up these points, I think the team has enough padding that they can wait for him to return if need be.

I have my doubts on whether Allvin can swing a deal to bring two top 6 players (Guentzel and Lindholm??) I just don't see how Allvin can pull it off, unless he's the next great GM of the league. I say he probably nets a depth defenseman, and one top 6 player, and then call it a day. 

If he gets TWO top six forwards, plus a top four defenseman, I'd be over the moon. 

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM

49 minutes ago, Tusk said:

THe only great thing about Ek is his contract.... be real. Horvat is going to outscore and be the bigger guy for at least 5 more years. I mean, get over the agism on here already.

Lol... What? Tell me you've never watched Ek play with out telling me you've never watched Ek play.

Dude is Selke level good defensively while progressing into a 60-70 point player. He's actually currently at a better point clip then Bo was at the same age. All while providing that absolutely stellar defensively value.

It's all fine and dandy to have our bais, but come on man. This statement is ridiculous.

Edited by MeanSeanBean