[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

😢😢please take good care of him.  Please please.  He loves Pepsi in his bowl and he really loves bananas for snacks.  Give him a hug for me after every game.  Promise?

59 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Pettersson/Lindholm together is going to be sweet

Elias and Elias lol

( yes I know pronounced differently) 

Edited by NucksFan
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Disagree. The price would have been astronomical if we were trying to trade for Lindholm during one of his point-per-game seasons. We need a right-handed centreman, and someone other than Miller to take faceoffs. He's top 5 in faceoffs in the league and has a scoring pedigree. Monahan is none of those things. 

Did the NYI pay an astronomical price for Horvat who was over a PPG at the time?  Seems like they paid less than the Canucks did for Lindholm.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

Wildly?  Monahan has 514pts in 730games (0.70ppg) and Lindholm has 545pts in 792games (0.69ppg). 

It's not. People obviously don't know Monahan. The Faceoff percentage between the two this year is 55.5 (Lindholm) and 55.0 (Monahan). The two are very comparable to each other. Even the fact that they were picked practically next to each other in the SAME draft is interesting.

The only drawback with Monahan is the injury concern.

i think Boston and NYR would have loved to get Lindholm. Im impressed we pulled it off. So for Canucks aquisitions have been surgical. They identify a very specific need and then get it. 

In 2011 we had Sedin and Sedin on the same line. Now we might see an Elias to Elias line. 

Lindholm is a veteran pro who does all the little stuff right. He might not be the fighter we were looking for but he will create more offense and cause less turnovers than we previously had. Kusmenko had his moments but is not as consistent as Lindholm. 

At the end of the day the Canucks a clearly a better team moving into the playoffs. Lindholm will be reunited with big Z 

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

Erm, yes, this is true, but the difference between the two this year in faceoffs, 55.5 vs 55.0...

image.thumb.png.080931af8b8ff6e0c7dd37306699d134.png

image.thumb.png.2452098f60ea7b12c338b5f1d3d14147.png

Dunno. I'm sure Lindholm will be a good pickup. I just have to wonder if Monahan would've been better for the team in the long run.

image.png

Quantity is important, Lindholm has taken 408 more faceoffs and won 260 more. 

Just now, PureQuickness said:

It's not. People obviously don't know Monahan. The Faceoff percentage between the two this year is 55.5 (Lindholm) and 55.0 (Monahan). The two are very comparable to each other. Even the fact that they were picked practically next to each other in the SAME draft is interesting.

The only drawback with Monahan is the injury concern.

And not nearly as good of a two way player.

Monahans value is not equal to Lindholms. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, fanofvan said:

Did the NYI pay an astronomical price for Horvat who was over a PPG at the time?  Seems like they paid less than the Canucks did for Lindholm.

Yes, as in that trade, people will be making all sorts of 'excuses' and revisionist narratives to help them stomach a trade. The Canucks paid a very heavy price for this player. I'd really like to know what was on the table with Monahan.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously? Monnohands is 36 and not anywhere close to the level of player as Lindholm. That’s like suggesting Horfat Wallet is as good as JT Miller. These are players that just aren’t comparable. 

Are you high?  Monahan is 29...the same age as Lindholm.  He was picked one spot after Lindholm in the same draft year.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We actually just gained 650k.

I think we still have room for another add with retention.

Could've gained 3M if they had traded for Monahan. 3M + our cap space.

I dunno. I think Monahan would've been the better all-round trade for the Canucks to add a piece.

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Put lindholm on a good second line and leave the 649 line the  "alone: !!!! Don't rock the boat on a team that is already the best or next to the best team

in the League 

If you want a good 2nd line you have to find a high quality winger. 

If Petey can’t get a 2nd line going neither is Lindholm. 

We lack cap for that sort of move. 

Better bet to have Lindholm with Petey and the top 6 has a solid duo on each line. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

NYI traded 1st round pick + Raty. We traded 1st round pick + Brzustewicz. I think it's pretty comparable. 

Unless you'd like to debate that Kuzmenko, Jurmo and a conditional 4th have considerable positive value? 

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What did the team really give up though? 

An underperforming forward, a very late 1st pick and a couple of prospects that are behind the batch that are ultimately better to crack the roster. 

What’s the issue? 

I was originally pissed off we gave up more than Kuzmenko and a 1st for a UFA. Plus, I didn't like the idea of losing Hunter. 

I'll get over it. 

5 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Hoglander, Podkolzin, Lekkerimaki, Willander, Bains are all still on the team. You can bet your asses Conroy was licking his chops for one of these guys and Allvin managed to get away with trading Brzustewicz - that's a huge win. 

A lot of Flames fans feel Conroy fleeced Allvin and the Canucks. Interesting take.

Apparently Lindholm was a floater and they think they have a number one blue chip top prospect in Brzustewicz.

🤔

Just now, PureQuickness said:

Could've gained 3M if they had traded for Monahan. 3M + our cap space.

I dunno. I think Monahan would've been the better all-round trade for the Canucks to add a piece.

For a lesser player? Sure.

This is all about the fit with Petey and even enticing him to sign long term IMO. That matters more.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Its comparable but I'd say the NYI package was better.

Kuzmenko is better than Beauvillier, Raty / Hunter are basically a wash, but the 1st rounder we got was way more valuable than the one we're trading today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1