[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Did the NYI pay an astronomical price for Horvat who was over a PPG at the time?  Seems like they paid less than the Canucks did for Lindholm.

Try comparing the assets. Then get back to the Empties. And be bowing! 

6 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Yes. I think Lindholm is a bit overrated and Monahan is underrated. The differences between the two aren't enough to justify me being 'sold' on one player over the other.

Monahan is playing at his absolute best and feeling good about himself while trying to rebuild a career derailed by injuries and poor performance. 

Lindholm is having a down year by his standard, playing for a depressed organization, having watched the core he was part of crumble, without a hope of winning and on the verge of a rebuild, all while worrying about going into the most important summer of his career. 

context matters. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

NYI traded 1st round pick + Raty. We traded 1st round pick + Brzustewicz. I think it's pretty comparable. 

Unless you'd like to debate that Kuzmenko, Jurmo and a conditional 4th have considerable positive value? 

The two are not really comparable. Raty was kind of a meh prospect in a weak system of NYI. People remember him for being a PROJECTED 1st rounder. He's obviously not that. A decent player, yes, but not much there, granted he is two years older and has shown more than Brzustewicz, at least on the professional level.

I would've wanted Brzu though.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

A lot of Flames fans feel Conroy fleeced Allvin and the Canucks. Interesting take.

Apparently Lindholm was a floater and they think they have a number one blue chip top prospect in Brzustewicz.

🤔

Brzustewicz is a blue chip top prospect. There's no question about it. 

But what matters is what is Brzustewicz's value to the Canucks? It's crazy, but we actually have an excess of offensive d-men. Hughes is going to anchor that role for the next decade. Willander is coming up too. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Could've gained 3M if they had traded for Monahan. 3M + our cap space.

I dunno. I think Monahan would've been the better all-round trade for the Canucks to add a piece.

Between your opinion and Alvin,what would YOU personally chose.Like objectiv

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For a lesser player? Sure.

This is all about the fit with Petey and even enticing him to sign long term IMO. That matters more.

I agree with this. I think this is an added incentive for Petey. This is the organization's response to Petey. "Look, here's a guy you can play with."

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

The two are not really comparable. Raty was kind of a meh prospect in a weak system of NYI. People remember him for being a PROJECTED 1st rounder. He's obviously not that. A decent player, yes, but not much there, granted he is two years older and has shown more than Brzustewicz, at least on the professional level.

I would've wanted Brzu though.

I'll refer you to the post I just made. Brzustewicz's value to the Canucks isn't great. Might as well sell high on a position we have an excess of. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

I have to point this out as well. A select few of you are pointing out Lindholm is having a bad season. Well let's put things into perspective. 

The Flames have 3 players with more points than Lindholm. The Flames leading scorer has 40 pts... Lindholm has 32. Pretty hard to have a good year when your whole team sucks. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Try comparing the assets. Then get back to the Empties. And be bowing! 

Pretty sure its you that needs to get back to the Empties....36 year old Monohan, lol.

Edited by fanofvan
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

I think Monahan OBJECTIVELY would've been a better choice because of the cap space freed (3M is not nothing). We can add another defenseman if we had to and because we had cap space, we could've leveraged in a trade with a team that was in need of cap space.

IMHO.

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I was originally pissed off we gave up more than Kuzmenko and a 1st for a UFA. Plus, I didn't like the idea of losing Hunter. 

I'll get over it. 

Go and watch Lindholm on you tube.It will help.Dont worry we are in good hands

• Upvote 3

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Ya, we have thankfully moved past the phase where the average poster on this board could have been a better GM than who the team hired.

I like the idea of having people in charge of the Canucks who are smarter than me.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Quantity is important, Lindholm has taken 408 more faceoffs and won 260 more. 

Check your math Monahan has taken 725  draws to Lindholms 985.  That's a difference of 260. Either way Monahan has maintained his faceoff percentage through a very significant number of faceoffs 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Did the NYI pay an astronomical price for Horvat who was over a PPG at the time?  Seems like they paid less than the Canucks did for Lindholm.

NYI paid more IMO. We got a mid-first vs a late first that we paid. Bru is having a great year i'm aware but he's still an unknown at this point vs Raty who already turned pro and is putting up decent #'s in the A. I love Kuzy but he's a healthy scratch a lot of nights don't think he carries much value if at all. 

37 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

As I have already stated, if we win the cup, I couldn't care less if he, Lindholm stays, Elias wants  $15,000,000 and Hronek, $10,000,000

I can die happy.

Sadly no guarantees so you do what you can and hope it works. If Hronek wants 10 I'll drive him out of town myself. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Ya, we have thankfully moved past the phase where the average poster on this board could have been a better GM than who the team hired.

I like the idea of having people in charge of the Canucks who are smarter than me.

Why even discuss trades then....since, you know, the GM always has a better opinion?