[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

I was under the impression the goal was to re-unite the lotto line.  If not, then yes, Pettersson will be as good as Barzal is for Horvat 😉

I doubt they brought him in to be a second liner with Mikheyev and Suter.

Tocchet is big on pairs. Miller already has Boeser but Petey has no one. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

I see...so hes played in 62 games less in the NHL yet hes somehow gotten 9 more years added to his body.  Makes complete sense.

Exactly! Monnohands is a puck sucker. Lindholm is great! Why any true fan would promote otherwise makes no sense. Now bow to the Empties and kneel too. Your transgressions are extreme. 🤣

Just now, tas said:

because you went in hot. 

I did not go in hot.  I provided context, stats, and information.  Alf replied back with something that was factually incorrect and tossed is some made up name for the player as his basis for not being comparable.

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Flames fans I know all say Lindy obviously didn't want to stay in Calgary, and they all know he's a very good addition for us. They're okay with this hockey trade and happy they're going to rebuild, at a little.

Lindy is a huge addition to our team. Anyone thinking he's going to float on the #1 team in the NHL is out to lunch. He's also a family man now, which means we have a very good chance of re-signing him. 

Win-Win for both fan bases. 

Nuff said. They’re still the Lames. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

I did not go in hot.  I provided context, stats, and information.  Alf replied back with something that was factually incorrect and tossed is some made up name for the player as his basis for not being comparable.

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

"get a clue" and "what are you even talking about" were both needlessly aggressive. 

the very definition of going in hot. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We basically traded Kuzzy for Lindholm. How is that not a huge improvement for us? Too many fishers here right now. 

Because in some fans minds we’re perpetually 5 years away from contention even when a massive opportunity is staring them right in the face.

Even in 5 years these prospects and picks will not be impact players. But if we collect enough of them it will equal a cup. 

Kings had one of the best prospect pools in the league not that long ago. What did that get them?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, chaoticmonkey said:

Uhh elephant in the room is if we can re-sign him (to a reasonable contract). If we can re-sign him then he's worth the ransom we gave up, if we can't then this was a horrendous misuse of organizational assets.

If we win a cup this year who cares if he walks, trade would have been worth it no matter what the cost

• Like 1

Just now, tas said:

"get a clue" and "what are you even talking about" were both needlessly aggressive. 

the very definition of going in hot. 

Are they incorrect statements?  Stating numerous times that "Monnohands" is 36, multiple times, would indicate that he has no idea about the player being talked about...even after being corrected by multiple posters, multiple times. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Because in some fans minds we’re perpetually 5 years away from contention even when a massive opportunity is staring them right in the face.

Even in 5 years these prospects and picks will not be impact players.

Are these posters fans or morans? 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

This team needed a lot of untangling to get competitive this quick (so pleasantly surprised that this was even possible)

We have seen this management make good decisions and hopefully this is no different

Seems like only one team (Canucks) making trades (another Gm of the year  award coming to us)

Calgary had to save face with their fanbase making another trade with us

Calgary could have got more had they held on, but PA probably said take it or leave it, it's a fair deal and we aren't waiting till TDL to make a deal

Vancouver in 1st place dealing from power not desperation

Kuz probably will score lots in Calgary while on a losing team (like we had when he was scoring)

But, he was never going to be trusted in the playoffs for us and just taking up space and cap for a player like Lindholm can provide for us

Glad he is appreciative of our management and fans

Best of luck to you Kuz 

Very well said.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

We just got a lot stronger down the middle.

we needed a top 6 Center we got him 

I like it.

Nucks take another big name off the board

i really liked Kuz but it was looking more and more like he just couldn’t play the Tocc style.

hope he lights it up in Calgary (except when we play them) 

good on PA to get this player a new opportunity while still addressing a deficiency in our roster.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2