[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Just now, fanofvan said:

Are they incorrect statements?  Stating numerous times that "Monnohands" is 36, multiple times, would indicate that he has no idea about the player being talked about...even after being corrected by multiple posters, multiple times. 

Monnohands plays like a 40 year old puck sucker. 
Bow 🙇‍♀️ to the Empties. 🤣

Just now, fanofvan said:

Are they incorrect statements?  Stating numerous times that "Monnohands" is 36, multiple times, would indicate that he has no idea about the player being talked about...even after being corrected by multiple posters, multiple times. 

read between the lines bud.

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Not always. 

Think Lindros. 

Anyway, if Brzustewicz continues developing the way he has, he could possibly turn out to be the best of the bunch. He did just turn 19. 

Either way, let's hope Lindholm picks his game up. 

Brzustewicz is not Forsberg. He could surprise but far more likely just is having a whale of a year that will not amount to much in the NHL. We got a piece in Lindholm that we can use now which is a known commodity in the NHL.

Edited by elvis15
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Because in some fans minds we’re perpetually 5 years away from contention even when a massive opportunity is staring them right in the face.

Even in 5 years these prospects and picks will not be impact players. But if we collect enough of them it will equal a cup. 

Kings had one of the best prospect pools in the league not that long ago. What did that get them?

I don't hate the trade but I wish it could have been either the 1st or Brzustewicz, not both.  I look at all the draft capital Alvin has moved in the past few years and with the number of UFA's coming up, plus raises, the team will need some entry level contracts to fill the spots.

I only referenced Monahan as I think that would have given some cap flexibility to add more players this deadline, not because he is a superior player.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Brzutewicz is not Forsberg. He could surprise but far more likely just is having a whale of a year that will likely not amount to much in the NHL. We got a piece in Lindholm that we can use now which is a known commodity in the NHL.

That obviously is true. But you or I don't know. 

Only time will tell. 

• Cheers 2

On 1/7/2024 at 3:25 AM, Alflives said:

Cale Makar had two points tonight in the Avs’ 8-4 loss. He was also a dash 3. 
Hunter B is another Adam Fox like player. He’s another amazing pick by our scouts who have been freed from the yolk of Benning. 

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No, HB is not a blue chipper. He’s a B level guy at best. Where does he fit in our future with Hronek and Willander? It’s very likely HB isn’t even an NHL player. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

No this is a huge add. Big win-now move

Don't see it. Just about 30 years old. Should be looking to create a dynasty. That's what I thought Alvin and Rutherford were trying to do. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe Tocc can get him going. It isn't something I would have done. And; We have been winning; All year.  

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

I don't hate the trade but I wish it could have been either the 1st or Brzustewicz, not both.  I look at all the draft capital Alvin has moved in the past few years and with the number of UFA's coming up, plus raises, the team will need some entry level contracts to fill the spots.

I only referenced Monahan as I think that would have given some cap flexibility to add more players this deadline, not because he is a superior player.

Entry level contracts? Podkolzin, Willander, Bains, Lekkerimaki, D-Petey would all like to say hi. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fanofvan said:

The 1st was standard in a trade like this. These type of players don’t go for one or the other that’s fantasy stuff.

Allvin and his scouts got HB in the third round, you don’t think they can find more gems?

People get too attached to prospects, it’s a weird thing in this market.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Sadly no guarantees so you do what you can and hope it works. If Hronek wants 10 I'll drive him out of town myself. 

I will tell you that for free.

Calgary packed in it with 11 forwards on the roster with $3.6M Deadline cap space available and struggling to stay relevant plus Dube eating up cap space while taking personal leave. I suspect Conroy is now shifting into full rebuild mode with an albatross $10.5M contract to contend with. Hanafin and Tanev must both be on the phone with their agents as we speak. Neither will be likely to end up in Vancouver although there may be an outside chance of Tanev doing so, yes, I have an inside track with PA, LOL. 

My wish list is one of - Tanev (rental), Parayko (retained salary), Cernak ... the latter two I don't think will move with TB fighting to stay in the playoffs and Blues won't retain salary on Parayko without a massive payment, which I don't think PA would do ... hmmmm, just argued myself into having PA trade for Tanev for a rental and see what comes in the Summer.

I did have Lindholm on my wish list and it happened ... woohoo!

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

Brzustewicz could also be another Rathbone

We sold high on a unknown NHL player (It could haunt us) 

But

We got an NHL player to strengthen the NHL's #1 team even more than before the break

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Entry level contracts? Podkolzin, Willander, Bains, Lekkerimaki, D-Petey would all like to say hi. 

Ok but this trade included a 1st and Hunter...so essentially 2 entry level contacts.  Like I said, I would have preferred one but not both.  Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

Obviously not straight up. 

But when you compare the overall return, Forsberg was just important as Lindros. 

We shall see. 

Forsberg was a high lottery pick and anyone can say, " we shall see" with any trade of this caliber.  People whined about the Hronek trade and it turned out pretty well.  I'm not worried about a tier 2 prospect and a low 1st rounder.  Especially when our team is performing the way it is currently and most of our core are about to hit their prime years.

This trade was a no brainer.  

Edited by Metal Face Doom
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1