[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Don't see it. Just about 30 years old. Should be looking to create a dynasty. That's what I thought Alvin and Rutherford were trying to do. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe Tocc can get him going. It isn't something I would have done. And; We have been winning; All year.  

gotta win one first. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The 1st was standard in a trade like this. These type of players don’t go for one or the other that’s fantasy stuff.

Allvin and his scouts got HB in the third round, you don’t think they can find more gems?

People get too attached to prospects, it’s a weird thing in this market.

Agreed, the 1st was most likely to be included.  Like I said, I'm just concerned with the sheer amount of draft picks that have been traded.  Wasn't that a huge knock on Benning?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Basically traded a low 1st rounder for a rental. Don’t know how I feel about that. Anything less than a Stanley cup final run this year would be a disappointment. 

Nothing is guaranteed, but i would think the Canucks make a Finals sooner than the Flames will

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

If we're adamant on re-signing Lindholm, which I hope we are, I'm more interested in who in the bottom 6 will be the odd one out. It'll be a shame, but it's getting crowded and someone's going to end up moving on in the off-season. 

I mentioned earlier in the thread today that Kuzy and Blueger contracts will almost be enough for Lindy. 

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

I want Allvin to trade for Xhekaj next. 🥹

Friedman has reported that Hughes has recieved several calls on Xhekaj and the answer was he's not available.  Unless you want Florian 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Ok but this trade included a 1st and Hunter...so essentially 2 entry level contacts.  Like I said, I would have preferred one but not both.  Just my 2 cents.

1st round pick + prospect is the standard price you pay for a guy like Lindholm. There is zero chance you get Lindholm without a 1st. 

Let me ask you this. Let's say all of our prospects pan out - where do you seriously see Brzustewicz fitting into our future lineup? Hughes has the powerplay quarterback role locked down for the next decade and you could easily argue Willander has just as high of a ceiling as Brzustewicz, if not higher. Canucks sold high on a prospect position that they have an excess of. 

If it was something like a 1st round pick + Lekkerimaki, I'd be just as nervous as you are. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep and look for us to acquire another forward.

Someone with some size like Jenner.

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Jenner Pettersson Lindholm

Mike has gotta go next. Guy is dead weight in the top 6.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

If we're adamant on re-signing Lindholm, which I hope we are, I'm more interested in who in the bottom 6 will be the odd one out. It'll be a shame, but it's getting crowded and someone's going to end up moving on in the off-season. 

I think Garland will be moved in the summer as he has vastly improved his stock with his play this year, and yes, he is a HUGE part of the third line but will be replaced with someone in Abby to have a shot at holding that line together - assuming Joshua and Blueger are still on the club as well. 

If we win the Cup (fingers crossed along with everything else), then Garland will be jettisoned without a second thought for some reasonable value in return.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep and look for us to acquire another forward.

Someone with some size like Jenner.

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Jenner Pettersson Lindholm

Moving more salary out or counting on retention to get Jenner?  You know how that would have been possible...trading for Monahan instead.  Im kidding.

17 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Henrik Kes Malhotra Lapierre?

No disrespect to Manny but he doesn't hold a candle to E.Lindholm. I agree that the C depth is the best we've had. 

We got a 100pt C in Petey

Miller reminds me alot of Kes but with way better playmaking ability.

Lindholm is a former Selke candidate that can chip in about 60 pts or even near point per game on a good year.

Blueger/Suter 

Our 2011 4th line was literally non-existent with Oreskovich and Tanner Glass. 

IMO this is absolutely the deepest group of forwards we've had. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

I think Garland will be moved in the summer as he has vastly improved his stock with his play this year. 

If we win the Cup (fingers crossed along with everything else), then Garland will be jettisoned without a second thought for some reasonable value in return.

Reluctantly agree that someone on that lethal 3rd line of ours will have to be moved. Sucks, but I guess it's the only way. 

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

Agreed, the 1st was most likely to be included.  Like I said, I'm just concerned with the sheer amount of draft picks that have been traded.  Wasn't that a huge knock on Benning?

I care more about the young players we have now and surrounding them with as much talent as possible.

At some point you have to exit the rebuilding phase and go for it. 

We still have a ton of young talent in the system and now an organization that will be able to attract good free agent talent. I’m not worried about a few draft picks.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Yes, but Benning's Canucks were a tire fire

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Don't see it. Just about 30 years old. Should be looking to create a dynasty. That's what I thought Alvin and Rutherford were trying to do. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe Tocc can get him going. It isn't something I would have done. And; We have been winning; All year.  

With a forward taking up a roster spot in Kuzmenko who struggled to play the way the coach needs. A scoring threat but one dimensional who was working on his game.

The Canucks just replaced him with a legit top six #2 C who is capable at excelling on the PP and PK.

He wins faceoffs and can produce offense. He can skate well and plays with an edge physically too. Pretty much Tocchet's wet dream. 

The Canucks dramatically upgraded their forward group today.

Lindholm being 29 still younger than JT and not quite past his prime. Also a potential longer term fit here. Much to like.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Dom said:

& Calgary laughs in your face. 

I live in AB & have close friends that are diehard Calgary fans & I'll tell you right now, they are PISSED. Lindholm is a stud. 

They seem happy with the haul they got over on calgarypuck forums

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

1st round pick + prospect is the standard price you pay for a guy like Lindholm. There is zero chance you get Lindholm without a 1st. 

Let me ask you this. Let's say all of our prospects pan out - where do you seriously see Brzustewicz fitting into our future lineup? Hughes has the powerplay quarterback role locked down for the next decade and you could easily argue Willander has just as high of a ceiling as Brzustewicz, if not higher. Canucks sold high on a prospect position that they have an excess of. 

If it was something like a 1st round pick + Lekkerimaki, I'd be just as nervous as you are. 

IF, and I know its a massive IF, but I'm playing your game....I would put Willander with Hughes and Brz with Hronek.  Willander is more of a defence first dman whereas Hunter is more offensive minded.