[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

believe there was a little more to it, but I don't want to argue about draft picks.. Feel better if he wasn't almost 30. 

If the team wasn't riding such a miraculous turnaround, I'd be with you, and you're justified in being reluctant to move a 1st because we're all still suffering some post JB ptsd. However, they are 1stin the league and look like they needed a couple of big pieces to push them into that legit cup contender tier.

This is a good move. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

I did not go in hot.  I provided context, stats, and information.  Alf replied back with something that was factually incorrect and tossed is some made up name for the player as his basis for not being comparable.

21 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Are they incorrect statements?  Stating numerous times that "Monnohands" is 36, multiple times, would indicate that he has no idea about the player being talked about...even after being corrected by multiple posters, multiple times. 

First day here? Alf will be in the CFF ROH one day, possibly even in the rafters. 

Read between the empties. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Agreed, the 1st was most likely to be included.  Like I said, I'm just concerned with the sheer amount of draft picks that have been traded.  Wasn't that a huge knock on Benning?

Benning traded draft picks when we were in a rebuild that's the difference. 

PA is building a cup contender. Our rebuild is over, any pick we get now is likely going to help us in 3 years minimum if at all and 4-5 years or so before they start hitting their prime. Our window is now we have to go for it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Same with Hronek. IMHAO these are not Canuck fans. These are fishers. 

I am a Canucks fan, have been for a lot of years and have been a STH for a long time.  I like both Hronek and Lindholm, however wince a bit at the price paid in the most recent deal.  Hronek had term and was a pending RFA, Lindholm can walk.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea imagine a first place team actually putting their team in a position to win.

Needed to wait 6 or 7 more years for these prospects to pan out…

This was the same reaction that people had when we traded for Toffoli. Fans were pretty quiet after they watched him light it up though.

But but but Tyler Madden!  Just looked at his stats in the AHL 😬

• ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sure, they've been winning in reg season, and without any help from Kuz.

Lindholm >>> Kuzmenko. Easy as that

Same mentality when you’re up 3-2 and trying to sit on a lead.  Nope.  Gotta keep pushing.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Hammertime said:

Suter Miller Brock

Hog Pete Lindholm 

Dakota Blueger Garland

Mikheyev Aman Lafferty

I like it 2 guys who can take a draw on each line. 

I think this will be the lineup. 

Maybe we can add a 4th line centre, but I’m okay with Aman.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't mind the trade if it breaks down like this and stays that way, barring injuries

Lindholm couldnt produce this year playing with Sharangovich and Huberdeau so not sure how he's supposed to produce with Hoglander and Mikheyev.  Hopefully he plays with Pettersson.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

I don't hate the trade but I wish it could have been either the 1st or Brzustewicz, not both.  I look at all the draft capital Alvin has moved in the past few years and with the number of UFA's coming up, plus raises, the team will need some entry level contracts to fill the spots.

I only referenced Monahan as I think that would have given some cap flexibility to add more players this deadline, not because he is a superior player.

Our tier 1 prospects are still here.  Brzustewicz is over achieving at the moment but he isn't a prospect we can't live without. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

With the way Miller/Boeser have been going, imagine Petey/Lindholm going supernova together & being just as dangerous.

Then you have the amazing 3rd line

Then a 4th line with Hogs/Laff thats fast, in your face, & can score.

Our forward group now really comes at you in waves. There's no break.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

But but but Tyler Madden!  Just looked at his stats in the AHL 😬

That’s essentially what this is.

From the same fanbase that believed Frankie Corrado and Jordan Subban were going to be top 4 NHLers and our top 6 would be entirely made up of the first round picks we drafted and Joseph Labate. 😂

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Our tier 1 prospects are still here.  Brzustewicz is over achieving at the moment but he isn't a prospect we can't live without. 

Like I've said, I would have been fine with the 1st or Brz but giving up both stings.....once again only my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Suter Miller Brock

Hog Pete Lindholm 

Dakota Blueger Garland

Mikheyev Aman Lafferty

I like it 2 guys who can take a draw on each line. 

I'd have Mik and Hog switched to start. Unless Hoggy absolutely forces his way up the roster, I like his play on the bottom lines.