[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Same mentality when you’re up 3-2 and trying to sit on a lead.  Nope.  Gotta keep pushing.

Yell yeah. And I'm sitting here hoping they can figure out a way to upgrade on Mikheyev, AND maybe still add another winger too.

💪

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Petey - Lindholm - Mikheyev

Joshua - Blueger - Gnarly

Hogs - Aman - Lafferty

Mikheyev is a black hole. He doesn't have the competitive edge of Hogs. Hoglander is waaaay better on the wall. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

If the team wasn't riding such a miraculous turnaround, I'd be with you, and you're justified in being reluctant to move a 1st because we're all still suffering some post JB ptsd. However, they are 1stin the league and look like they needed a couple of big pieces to push them into that legit cup contender tier.

This is a good move. 

Honest question....do you see them regressing next year with all the pending UFA and need for Pettersson and Hronek raises?

This was just a solid hockey trade for both sides especially if we can get Lindy to stay

We solidify our top 6 with a player that will help us during our playoff run

Flames get rid of a player that didn't want to stick around and swing the doors open for a proper rebuild Instead of hoping to squeak into the playoffs

Edited by Louggy
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'd have Mik and Hog switched to start. Unless Hoggy absolutely forces his way up the roster, I like his play on the bottom lines. 

Leads the league in goals 5v5 per 60 I would say Hog is forcing his way. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s essentially what this is.

From the same fanbase that believed Frankie Corrado and Jordan Subban were going to be top 4 NHLers and our top 6 would be entirely made up of the first round picks we drafted and Joseph Labate. 😂

Don't forget Jordan Schroeder 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Holy shit I still can’t believe we swapped Kuzy for Lindholm! Never mind the other pieces, this makes the Canucks so much better now. I can’t wait for the All-Star break to be over.  

100% with you!

Let's do this!

Winning > Waiting 

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nope. Like Miller, Lindholm would take faceoffs, but Petey would play centre in open pkay. 

They've already stated they don't play this way when Miller and Pettersson play together. Whoever is closer plays the down low guy in d zone. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Nope, fair price. Kuzmenko had almost zero value with how he’s played.

Believe it or not not every trade has to be a steal to be good. Some fans need to learn that.

Less than zero to the Canucks right now.  A new team might change that but he was a $5.5 million (and next season) problem.  I would think the 1st rounder was required to unload this 'cap dump" (granted, a lower power if he wasn't involved).

Just now, Hammertime said:

Leads the league in goals 5v5 per 60 I would say Hog is forcing his way. 

Didn't look so hot when he was up the lineup. Started heating up on the 4th line when he has easier competition. I'd be happy he proves me wrong, but for now I like him on the 4th line.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

Honest question....do you see them regressing next year with all the pending UFA and need for Pettersson and Hronek raises?

I think the team next season, isn't as good as this year, which is why management is going all in. 

I can see them missing the playoffs next season. I hope they resign Lindholm, but they probably don't have the cap space to do it. Unless Petey and Hronek take discounts, which doesn't strike me that they will. 

And what about all the UFA's they still gotta sign? Lafferty? DeSmith? Blueger? Joshua? Myers? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

I am a Canucks fan, have been for a lot of years and have been a STH for a long time.  I like both Hronek and Lindholm, however wince a bit at the price paid in the most recent deal.  Hronek had term and was a pending RFA, Lindholm can walk.

We paid nothing for adding Lindholm. Explain how we paid more than than nothing. Then bow 🙇‍♀️ to the Empties. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Old players go,new players come.Of course if you have smart FO to make good desision..Help that we do have some young talent too.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jester13 said:

Couldn't have been on CDC for very long if you don't remember Alf the Legend from there as well.

Kuzy was unfortunately the wrak link on that line. Mik is defensively sound, and Lindy will add a huge boost to that line at both ends of the rink.

How Dare You Greta GIF

Uhhh I was a member on CDC for a long time....very long.  Vintage was a legend, Alf not so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Honestly, I'm last guy to ask.

Last year I nearly had an aneurysm when we traded a 1st for Hronek. I had absolutely no faith in the direction Allvin wanted to take and thought we were just being set up to middle for a couple years before sucking shit again.

Start of the season I picked Canucks as a bubble team at best, but more likely to miss playoffs.

So my forecasting is clearly way off, and I'm not going to answer your question. I will say I'm really happy with the team I've been seeing this year, I now believe in this management group and support their vision. I think we're a piece away from being a team that could like..... you know