[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Trolls out in full force. To be expected for such an obvious W to add to Allvin’s list. 

I don’t care to rehash what others have already said. Use your abacus and decide who’s worth what to you and to the other team. Like many, for me the kicker is seeing what Brzt turns into. And whether this is an extension or rental - which may be predetermined or may determined going forward.

I say, let’s see just how much juice we can squeeze! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

58 minutes ago, Rypien-Punch said:

i think Boston and NYR would have loved to get Lindholm. Im impressed we pulled it off. So for Canucks aquisitions have been surgical. They identify a very specific need and then get it. 

In 2011 we had Sedin and Sedin on the same line. Now we might see an Elias to Elias line. 

Lindholm is a veteran pro who does all the little stuff right. He might not be the fighter we were looking for but he will create more offense and cause less turnovers than we previously had. Kusmenko had his moments but is not as consistent as Lindholm. 

At the end of the day the Canucks a clearly a better team moving into the playoffs. Lindholm will be reunited with big Z 

The thing with Kuz is that he wants to play his way.  There's no buy in to the system and he's the only player who isn't on side with it.  So off he goes.  It is the right move by Allvin.  Not to say that Kuz can't have a good NHL career.  He excelled under Boudreau.  No reason why he can't do it again.  Good luck to him.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Louggy said:

This was just a solid hockey trade for both sides especially if we can get Lindy to stay

We solidify our top 6 with a player that will help us during our playoff run

Flames get rid of a player that didn't want to stick around and swing the doors open for a proper rebuild Instead of hoping to squeak into the playoffs

We kinda trade for Bo Horvat back. Very similar. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Couldn't have been on CDC for very long if you don't remember Alf the Legend from there as well.

Kuzy was unfortunately the wrak link on that line. Mik is defensively sound, and Lindy will add a huge boost to that line at both ends of the rink.

How Dare You Greta GIF

Alf will put both of them on ignore.Double😜 revenge

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

They've already stated they don't play this way when Miller and Pettersson play together. Whoever is closer plays the down low guy in d zone. 

The first guy back starts with the read in the o zone. It’s always Petey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fanofvan said:

Uhhh I was a member on CDC for a long time....very long.  Vintage was a legend, Alf not so much.

You must be a real cool guy to take his posts so seriously. Maybe you don't understand humour? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Trolls out in full force. To be expected for such an obvious W to add to Allvin’s list. 

I don’t care to rehash what others have already said. Use your abacus and decide who’s worth what to you and to the other team. Like many, for me the kicker is seeing what Brzt turns into. And whether this is an extension or rental - which may be predetermined or may determined going forward.

I mean, if Lindholm is resigned, then the deal is an even bigger win (especially if it's at a decent deal and cap hit). 

3 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

We kinda trade for Bo Horvat back. Very similar. 

I hope we re-sign Lindholm. If we do, we're not signing him for 8.5 million per year.

So I somewhat agree, but Lindholm would be (hopefully) cheaper. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

The W will not be known until the future. The draft looks week after about 18, Canucks are going to be picking in the mid 20s. 

Hunter is fire in Junior but there are a lot of guys who light it up and never make it. He wasn't even signed by the Canucks yet. 

Kuz has lots of upside but his inability to play a Toc kind of game hurt him. EL is known to be very cerebral and will buy into to the system. He's a season and a half off of 42 goals. 

This could be win-win. Gotta resign him if you can though. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I'll refer you to the post I just made. Brzustewicz's value to the Canucks isn't great. Might as well sell high on a position we have an excess of. 

Brzustewicz, 19, was drafted 75th overall by the Canucks in the 2023 draft and plays for the OHL's Kitchener Rangers.

The 6-foot defenceman is third in OHL scoring with eight goals and 69 points in 47 games this season. He is playing really well in the OHL and definitely holds very good value. 

13 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Like I've said, I would have been fine with the 1st or Brz but giving up both stings.....once again only my opinion.

Do you think it was going to be free to get rid of Kuzy and his Cap, not just for this year but also next?

1 minute ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I hope we re-sign Lindholm. If we do, we're not signing him for 8.5 million per year.

So I somewhat agree, but Lindholm would be (hopefully) cheaper. 

We must sign him. Otherwise this will be one expensive rental player!! 

Just now, RolexSub said:

Brzustewicz, 19, was drafted 75th overall by the Canucks in the 2023 draft and plays for the OHL's Kitchener Rangers.

The 6-foot defenceman is third in OHL scoring with eight goals and 69 points in 47 games this season. He is playing really well in the OHL and definitely holds very good value. 

His value is high. His value to the Canucks is lower given the existence of Hughes, Hronek and Willander coming up. 

• Upvote 1

Management  can  watch how  everyone plays in  the playoffs  and assess who they  want to pay for next season.     If Pedey is demanding to much as in anything over 11.5 then Lindholm could be good insurance plan .  Considering I believe our top line starts with JT and Brock  and whoever slots in ,seems to work  and JT leads our team in scoring and is second to only Pavel in points per game in the history of the Canucks.    

Really don't think  they should be paying Pedey  that much more than JT until we here words like I love it in Vancouver and want to win here. Maybe  throw a thank you out to the owners as well for paying me millions to play here already because Management has brought in some really good pieces including Lindholm.     Follow the Boston model  boys take a little less and stay competitive.    Go Canucks

• Upvote 1