[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Since this whole Vancouver-Calgary merger is coming full circle after so many years, I only want one thing now....

ZADOROV FOR TANEV

That’s a good one but I actually prefer Big Z. His size and the way he plays will pay dividends for us in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Since this whole Vancouver-Calgary merger is coming full circle after so many years, I only want one thing now....

ZADOROV FOR TANEV

Go to Flames customer service desk. It's just a simple exchange, we're not asking for a refund and we hardly used him. Didn't even use him outside actually.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

But how do they make this work? 

Lindholm in my mind isn't getting anything less than 8M. Then you have Zadorov who's probably going to cost at least 4M, and then Petey (12M?), and Hronek (7-8M). Like that's a lot of money, and not really much left for the rest of the roster to be filled out. 

Kuzy and our 2mill of space is enough. Cap increase helps with Hronek and Petey, but if we need to let one of Blueger, Zads or Myers or Cole walk, so be it. Allvin has lots of options with his contracts. He's setting things up real gud.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

No guarantee, but Brz could have been ready in 2 years.

Empties already chimed in on HB. And he’s not going to be an NHLer. He can’t even qualify as a bustaroo considering his draft position is where guys rarely amount to much anyway.,

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Lol this is so ridiculous.

We added Hronek, Soucy, Cole and Zadrov and lead the league in points. And YET, "we're still a  defensman away.

The ink is not even dry on the Lindholm trade and Im already reading that we need another top 6 forward LMAO1-1.gif

Re-read what I said. Even the 2011 team wasn't a guaranteed champ lmao. To be an absolute power house, you still need plenty of depth because you're going to have injuries in the playoffs. Suter's played well but you still need a decent top 6 guy to fill that role and if injuries occur within the top 6, Suter is a solid replacement. Same thing on D, adding Tanev or a player like him would be huge for our backend. We're a solid solid team and I think we're the favorites, but we could make some moves still to really become a powerhouse.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, fanofvan said:

I'd argue the team is overachieving.  How is next years defence looking right now?  Hughes, Soucy, and Juulsen?

Probably close to the same with we either resign Hronek or trade for another RHD.

Zad who knows he might stay, .years might take less to stay but time will tell.EPD might make the team, others might step up.

But to me so far this management group has shown they can get it done.

Far as overachievers that makes me laugh as in the past we have seen this team's core was great and with smaller tweets they are winning.

2 hours ago, Nucklifer said:

With Lindholm we have 3 - #1 centers potentially

Great 2 way player, massive upgrade on the dot and RD , plays a Tocchet game.

Our odds for the cup should take a jump with solidifying our top 6 

I'm still pinching myself comparing this team to this time last year, one of the greatest improvements in recent history.

He should get his game back for sure with Petey on the wing  which hopefully starts at the Allstar game!

The next game feels like a century away....😬

yeah incase petterson does not re-sign with the canucks.  Backup plan...

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because in some fans minds we’re perpetually 5 years away from contention even when a massive opportunity is staring them right in the face.

Even in 5 years these prospects and picks will not be impact players. But if we collect enough of them it will equal a cup. 

Kings had one of the best prospect pools in the league not that long ago. What did that get them?

Speaking of the Kings.  I was thinking of how they traded Brayden Schenn for Carter and this seems similar to that.

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

DeSmith most likely will be gone as some other team will pay a premium for him ... to be replaced by Silovs

Joshua will most likely be resigned

Blueger probably won't be on the team

Lafferty will be resigned if the cost is "reasonable" <insert what you think that is, I believe $1.5M would be the ceiling> otherwise will be playing elsewhere

Myers will be resigned assuming the term is 3 or less and dollars $2.5M or less otherwise he will be playing elsewhere - assuming of course that PA doesn't have a sneaky trade up his sleeve that somehow involved the Giraffe by TDL

I would be surprised if Lindholm didn't resign as PA / JR would have had to had a discussion with his agent on his expectations, managerial malpractice if they didn't

Honker, Big Zeke will be resigned as will Petey

Imma pass on Myers. If he costs us a big game in the playoffs which is plausible, he is OUT. We can find better value via trade or free agency. Hopefully he is offloaded before the TDL. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, KingRaj91 said:

Re-read what I said. Even the 2011 team wasn't a guaranteed champ lmao. To be an absolute power house, you still need plenty of depth because you're going to have injuries in the playoffs. Suter's played well but you still need a decent top 6 guy to fill that role and if injuries occur within the top 6, Suter is a solid replacement. Same thing on D, adding Tanev or a player like him would be huge for our backend. We're a solid solid team and I think we're the favorites, but we could make some moves still to really become a powerhouse.

There's no such thing as a guaranteed champ. No such thing at all. Have a look at the 2006 Sharks, 2006 Red Wings and Ducks. There was a guaranteed champ in one of them and they all lost to the Edmonton Oilers.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

But Tanev is better at playing defense.

Both a bit different but I personally like Big Z better. We need that monster to clear our net and not let the other team push us around. I also think Big Z is much faster skater than Tanev and gives a better offensive upside/first pass out of the defensive zone. 

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Blue said:

There's no such thing as a guaranteed champ. No such thing at all. Have a look at the 2006 Sharks, 2006 Red Wings and Ducks. There was a guaranteed champ in one of them and they all lost to the Edmonton Oilers.

By guaranteed champ I mean that we'd be an absolute powerhouse and it'd be an extremely difficult team to beat. Probably the wrong wording but I still stand by my point, we still could make a few more moves that could really change the dynamic of the team.

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Imma pass on Myers. If he costs us a big game in the playoffs which is plausible, he is OUT. We can find better value via trade or free agency. Hopefully he is offloaded before the TDL. 

Myers is money in the playoffs. He has a mean streak 

5 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Speaking of the Kings.  I was thinking of how they traded Brayden Schenn for Carter and this seems similar to that.

That was Mike Richards,

They also went and traded Jack Johnson for Carter and won the 2012 cup. 

• Thanks 1