[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

I misremembered, it was actually Mike Richards for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmons and a 2nd.  Brayden at the time was a blue chipper.  

But schenn was a 5th overall draft pick. Definitely a bigger chip than hunter B

42 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I like this trade if we win the cup. Otherwise, no. 

fingers crossed or its gonna be an expensive rental... 9 million was the asking price... so petey will be at least 11 million Plus... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Essentially 

A late 1st

A healthy scratch

An overrated prospect 

A never gonna make it prospect

Conditional 4th

For

Calgarys best centre

For Selke-runner-up-right-handed-centre Lindholm! We haven't had a legit rhc like Lindy since, who, Kesler? This trade is unreal for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

There's no such thing as a guaranteed champ. Ask Boston. Anything  can happen in the playoffs. Injuries, goaltending cools, slumps, other teams goalie heats up.  The main takeaway is Vancouver got stronger today and are making a legitimate push to take advantage this season. 

Man, that would suck if we bowed out in the first round. Boys can't take anything for granted. But their lack of playoff experience worries me a little as well. Going all in, without making the playoffs too often over the last decade? No postseason experience? I hope management's sense is correct. 

20 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Bo was traded one year ago. Since then, we've added the following (probably missing some):

Hronek

Raty

Lafferty

Soucy

Cole

Blueger

Suter

DeSmith

Zadorov

Lindholm

That's how you know the pro scouting for the Canucks is elite.  Hit after hit after hit.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Man, that would suck if we bowed out in the first round. Boys can't take anything for granted. But their lack of playoff experience worries me a little as well. Going all in, without making the playoffs too often over the last decade? No postseason experience? I hope management's sense is correct. 

That's where this trade makes us better.Plus others we added with just that playoff experience.

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We traded a one dimensional winger who can't score this year, a very late 1st round pick, a b prospect who was a 3rd round pick and a c prospect who wasn't going to be qualified.  All for a legit 2C who is a Selke candidate and has scored 42 goals in the NHL...

Well, since you've put it that way.....

So Excited Flirting GIF

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

I hear what you are saying but, respectfully, the value of the player is the same for every team, it's just that for us the value is trade value and for Calgary it's value as a prospect/potential player.

I personally think Brzustewicz's value is inflated on this board.  As a 3rd round pick, I think he has been phenomenal in his d+1. However, when the US WJC team didn't choose him, I thought it made it clear that he is not a Blue Chipper.  I think his top end is probably lower than what most people on this board think.  I am glad Allvin sold high.

Brzustewicz is a top 15-20 1st rounder in a redraft

All of this stuff we said about RHD and now we just trade one for a rental. 

Edited by Blue
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

I hear what you are saying but, respectfully, the value of the player is the same for every team, it's just that for us the value is trade value and for Calgary it's value as a prospect/potential player.

I personally think Brzustewicz's value is inflated on this board.  As a 3rd round pick, I think he has been phenomenal in his d+1. However, when the US WJC team didn't choose him, I thought it made it clear that he is not a Blue Chipper.  I think his top end is probably lower than what most people on this board think.  I am glad Allvin sold high.

Out of all the prospects who were enticing we were lucky they took hunter and jurmo

wonder if bains or mcdonagh were dangled too or even podkozin

10 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Both a bit different but I personally like Big Z better. We need that monster to clear our net and not let the other team push us around. I also think Big Z is much faster skater than Tanev and gives a better offensive upside/first pass out of the defensive zone. 

Not that it matters, because there's definitely no trade-backs, returns, store credits or exchanges happening.

But for discussion sakes - Soucy, Myers, Cole.. and depth Juuls are all physical dudes. Pretty huge fellas for the most part. So Zadorov, in theory, could be seen as redundant. 

Myers plus Karlsson work for Tanev? You good there?

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Definitely a concern. The lack of deep cup run experience is real .  But like I said, anything can happen. That goes for the good outcomes too. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Barking Bertuzzi said:

Out of all the prospects who were enticing we were lucky they took hunter and jurmo

wonder if bains or mcdonagh were dangled too or even podkozin

I'd way rather trade Bains or Podz and the 2025 1st than a red hot RHD prospect that would go top 20 in a redraft

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

image.gif.96f6a829441b49132b41923a58c2891f.gif

• Like 1