[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Brzustewicz is a top 15-20 1st rounder in a redraft

All of this stuff we said about RHD and now we just trade one for a rental. 

Lindy will be re-signed. No way Allvin let's him walk. We can afford him. 

• Upvote 2

So take this with a grain of salt for now, but looks like Lindholm would have wanted a $9M type deal prior to the start of this season.  His production slowed some more this year, and now playing for a 1st OA team and cup contender, we just gotta hope his expectations are less.  If he finishes with 60ish points, I would find it hard to believe he'd get $9m per.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/salim-valji-elias-lindholm-says-contract-talks-with-calgary-flames-have-cooled-1.2010858

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Definitely a concern. The lack of deep cup run experience is real .  But like I said, anything can happen. That goes for the good outcomes too. 

When was the last time a team that didn't have postseason experience, won it all? 

Because the pattern tends to be, make the playoffs a few seasons, lose a few rounds, before the team "gets it", and gets over the hump. 

There is no such thing happening here. 

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We traded a one dimensional winger who can't score this year, a very late 1st round pick, a b prospect who was a 3rd round pick and a c prospect who wasn't going to be qualified.  All for a legit 2C who is a Selke candidate and has scored 42 goals in the NHL...

Bzerst is a top 20 player in a redraft. And RHD. Why not trade Podz and/or the 2025 1st. 

• Haha 3

Just now, HKSR said:

So take this with a grain of salt for now, but looks like Lindholm would have wanted a $9M type deal prior to the start of this season.  His production slowed some more this year, and now playing for a 1st OA team and cup contender, we just gotta hope his expectations are less.  If he finishes with 60ish points, I would find it hard to believe he'd get $9m per.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/salim-valji-elias-lindholm-says-contract-talks-with-calgary-flames-have-cooled-1.2010858

$9m per year to stay in the dumpster fire that is Cowtown.

• Like 1

Just now, HKSR said:

But the Canucks aren't in the driver's seat with Lindholm. If he doesn't like what management is offering, he can walk, and get the best deal. We have nothing to show for it, fi we don't win everything. 

1 minute ago, Mordekai said:

Does anyone know if Canucks are practicing now or they can’t til after the asg 

The first practice will be Lindholm at the ASG alongside of Petery, MillerTime, BB6 and Huggy Bear ... stolen from a poster about 750 pages back.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Do you think he would take less to stay in Van? 

I don't think he'll be asking for $9m. He had one year of 82 points, with the rest putting him around $7m. And he's turning 30 next year. Similar to JT but cheaper. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

But the Canucks aren't in the driver's seat with Lindholm. If he doesn't like what management is offering, he can walk, and get the best deal. We have nothing to show for it, fi we don't win everything. 

We might have a Cup to show for it.. 

In a perfect world Lindholm wins the playoffs MVP and signs somewhere for 10 mill a season.

I'd love that scenario. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bzerst is a top 20 player in a redraft. And RHD. Why not trade Podz and/or the 2025 1st. 

Because Willander is a RHD with a higher ceiling and we don't need another powerplay quarterback. Hughes and Hronek fulfill that role. 

We need young forwards like Podz to come in on ELCs so we save on cap space. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking some of our young fans are upset because they love Kuzzy. It’s like with Bo last year. Young fans love certain players and don’t understand which guys are actually better. So I get why some fans struggle accepting trades, even ones where we get a lot better players back. Clearly, we are a way better club getting Hronek for Bo and getting Lindholm for Kuzzy. But young fans loved those other two. Heck, old Alf loved (still loves and always will) Kuz Missile. 

I think this is the first time I've ever heard Alf not immediately put down a player that we've traded away. Who are you?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lindholm's not getting more than Miller's $8 million per. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

When was the last time a team that didn't have postseason experience, won it all? 

Because the pattern tends to be, make the playoffs a few seasons, lose a few rounds, before the team "gets it", and gets over the hump. 

There is no such thing happening here. 

The current core isn't a playoff noobie.  Albeit in COVID cup, EP, JT, BB and Demko all had playoff experience. Beating Wild play-in, defending cup champs Blues in first round and went 7 games vs VGk.  

Cole and Bleuger won a cup, Soucy played in playoffs, now Lindholm.  

It remains to be seen how well they can play in the playoffs. But they are not a Cinderella team going in.  

• Cheers 3