[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

You're outta your friggin' mind. 

Whether or not he's part of a cup winning team, he's not worth $10 mil a year long-term. 

Thank God you aren't running the show. 

Barney, that’s not what he’s saying.  He’s saying as a rental he’s worth the price we traded for him if we win a cup. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The veritable center spine of this team is rock hard. 

Speaking of which, the thought of this team going in to the playoffs with the addition of Lindholm is making my... ummm... never mind.

• Haha 4

Just now, cripplereh said:

We will match, you trolling?

EP is a guy I love but don't think he's good enough to bring us a cup. If we sign him for big dollars the dream of a cup is over until his contract expires. Felt the same way about the Sedin's last contract and was right of course. But this thread is about his replacement, Lindholm. I can always dream.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Don’t worry about it and don’t take it to heart. 

Chalk it up to ‘evening’ posts. 

Keep posting your relevant thoughts.

Always happy to see new thoughts by non-regulars. 

Cheers. 

Will do, thanks!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Wow 

Well that's quite a haul for Calgary.  I can see Kuzmenko going there and getting his scoring touch back.  In that case, Calgary is looking at potentially getting more assets back for him in the summer.  

I'm happy with the trade overall, but Calgary definitely milked us for a lot.  Kuzmenko + 1st + Hunter felt like more then enough in value.  

Calgary definitely milked us big time for sure considering we are getting a player that hit over 80points one time only in his career and he is turning 30 soon. 

But we had to give something to get something good back in return so it's a good trade for now and we will probably can evaluate in the next 3-4yrs on who won this trade. 

Pretty excited to see Lindholm as I think he will do really well here. He will make our PP even better!! 

4 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Keeping Hoglander and the big two prospects + Podkolzin is a HUGE win

Yeah, really don't care about our first this year, just been so use to having such high ones, loved kuzy, losing hunter sucks and had high hopes for jurmo but still a long shot, got kuz for nothing anyways, hope lindholm n petey kill it.

Does lindholm have a nickname?

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

And we’ll just ignore the variables of Lindholm re-signing or the pieces given up not panning out?

What a limited view.

Its alot of players.

Other variables are lindholm doesn't sign....or does sign but someone else from the roster has to go and the notion that you can't assume these other players weren't going to work out. 

The prime reason we make this trade is for a cup run. Not a long term idea. 

• Like 1

Just now, Super19 said:

I miss Kuz 😞

Same he is such a cool guy and is always so positive and smiling in the dressing room. Although, he played for only 1.5yr with us I bet he will get a standing ovation and cheers when we play the Flames in a home game!!! He will definitely be missed here!! 

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Right-handed centre (which we didn't have before him), 55% FO, 200ft selke runner up, has potted 40 goals, Swedish, 29yo. 

Insane we just added him. 

Thanks, Brudder.

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Malibu said:

EP is a guy I love but don't think he's good enough to bring us a cup. If we sign him for big dollars the dream of a cup is over until his contract expires. Felt the same way about the Sedin's last contract and was right of course. But this thread is about his replacement, Lindholm. I can always dream.

One guy can never win you a cup.

That's a team that wins you a cup.

Way I see it is it's been to long since we had a team all playing to win together as a unit.

Playing like that wins cups.Thus team has that ability and my hope is they do it every time they make the playoffs.This team is different,will they do it only for ime will tell.

Not only will Lindholm help us in the playoffs... he's going to help us finish first in the division so that we don't have to face the Oilers or Vegas in the first round. That would be a big advantage heading in to the playoffs.

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

One guy can never win you a cup.

That's a team that wins you a cup.

Way I see it is it's been to long since we had a team all playing to win together as a unit.

Playing like that wins cups.Thus team has that ability and my hope is they do it every time they make the playoffs.This team is different,will they do it only for ime will tell.

This team is quite something. Such depth.