[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

6 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Barney, that’s not what he’s saying.  He’s saying as a rental he’s worth the price we traded for him if we win a cup. 

Yeah Barney... But he was saying that if he helped win the cup, sign him to $10 mil? 

Hello? 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Did the team give up “a lot” though? 

I mean analyze it in a ‘big picture’ way. 

What did the Nucks give up that was uncalled for? 

I guess we won't know for a few years what those younger players turn out to be. We only make this trade with a cup in mind. 

17 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Wow 

Well that's quite a haul for Calgary.  I can see Kuzmenko going there and getting his scoring touch back.  In that case, Calgary is looking at potentially getting more assets back for him in the summer.  

I'm happy with the trade overall, but Calgary definitely milked us for a lot.  Kuzmenko + 1st + Hunter felt like more then enough in value.  

Jurmo and 4th is nothing though

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Did the team give up “a lot” though? 

I mean analyze it in a ‘big picture’ way. 

What did the Nucks give up that was uncalled for? 

Its a bit tough to look at without including the variables.  Is Lindholm the 82pt player or is he the 60'ish point player he's been a majority of his career?  On the same note, is Kuzmenko a 40 goal scorer or the under 20 hes on pace for this year?  Kuzmenko, a 1st, an A/B prospect, and a 4th/3rd rounder (not counting Jurmo as I dont think he was getting signed) seems steep if Lindholm ends up being a rental but who knows what the 1st would be or what Hunter B turns into.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Id say that it's not possible after today, but these guys keep surprising us.

If all PA / JR want to do is spend some picks for someone say like Tanev as a rental, then they could and not move any roster players off the squad.

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I guess we won't know for a few years what those younger players turn out to be. We only make this trade with a cup in mind. 

Those players weren’t projected or have played to the point of being significant full time NHL’rs. 

Look at them in depth. 

Just now, spook007 said:

Petey said he wanted to win....

Management have done their side of the bargain, by supplemanting him with a great supporting cast. 

Now over to you Petey. Lets Go. 

No shit. I mean what else can Allvin do?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, mmkk said:

Jurmo and 4th is nothing though

Agree 

infarct didn’t Canucks decide to not offer him another contract/ELC 

they may flip Kuzy 

I don’t see him fitting in well in CGY though also now CGY is down their best player 

curious thst Hanifin has not been moved 

Canucks probably sign Tanev in offseason 

16 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Right-handed centre (which we didn't have before him), 55% FO, 200ft selke runner up, has potted 40 goals, Swedish, 29yo. 

Insane we just added him. 

But,But that young kid who will be  (we dont know what) great top 2 RD.Better then Hronek, and some other kid Wilander

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Podkolzin.

Like... trade him? 

I know he recently had a big game, but he's not even ppg in the AHL as a 22 year old winger. 

I really dont think he'll develop into much more than a bottom 6 guy, and he's definitely not top 6 NHL playoffs ready.

Edited by luckylager

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

For a half season.  Lindholm is looking to get paid. And maybe we gave up Forsling 2.0 for him

I'm ok w that. Lindholm theoretically should fit like a glove. 

PA didn't compromise on his objective, Lindholm was the #1 target with a bullet. PA took what he wanted like a Swedish boss dom!

A late 1st, a 3rd rounder having a Cinderella season in JR and a 5.5m trojan horse to a div rival. 

Worrying about well this player that player would have been cheaper. I think is pretty moot. We got our guy. What Hunter B and the first become years from now who knows worry about that later statistically the odds are neither amount to much more than a hill of beans. 

We kept all of our blue chips. Willy, Lex, Bathes, Potslovin, DPete, Hogey. I doubt Hunter was a Alvin pick anyway. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Its a bit tough to look at without including the variables.  Is Lindholm the 82pt player or is he the 60'ish point player he's been a majority of his career?  On the same note, is Kuzmenko a 40 goal scorer or the under 20 hes on pace for this year?  Kuzmenko, a 1st, an A/B prospect, and a 4th/3rd rounder (not counting Jurmo as I dont think he was getting signed) seems steep if Lindholm ends up being a rental but who knows what the 1st would be or what Hunter B turns into.

EL is coming off a bad year on a bad team. That makes a little sense. Still has the pedigree over multiple seasons. 

Kuz is having a bad year on a great team. Coming off one good year on a decent team, last season. 

The likely low 1st is in the same ballpark as a 2nd. Rarely does a low 1st come back to haunt a team. It’s an acceptable trade risk. 

Not sure why the A/B prospect rating applies. There are already better players within the system that are far more NHL ready. If you know something about those prospects that I don’t, please share. 

• Like 1

Just now, fanofvan said:

Lindholm will be coming to Van from CGY where he didn't have much to play with.

When paired with great players he produces. He was on a PP with Gaudreau and Tkachuk when he potted 40 goals and was a PPG. He put up a 60 point season with Toffoli(who he had great chemistry with) after Tkachuk/Gaudreau left. He is coming to a much better PP here and will be playing with great players here.  He finished 2nd and 10th in Selke voting the past 2 seasons as the Flames roster degraded. 

I think of him like Horvat in terms of goal scoring. They score a lot of the same sort of goals. Horvat benefits a lot from a pure playmaker in Barzal and benefited a lot on our PP when he was here. The only difference is he is actually really good defensively and uses his body. He is one of the more complete players in the NHL.