[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Just now, Bob Long said:

No shit. I mean what else can Allvin do?

Exactly...

On a side note @Provost mentiined another aspect of this trade...

Gives us this run with Petey, if he doesn't want to re-sign, or if he gets too expensive, we now have a C to replace him for the upcoming penalty years. 

I does give management less of a headache having to replace Petey, should that be necessary.

Obviously hope not...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

No.

Fans really need to watch these prospects and not just stat watch.

Thinking Brzustewicz could be ready in two years tells me you know nothing about his game. He is extremely talented offensively but a long term project defensively.

Didn't we have one of this kind in the past??????

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Exactly...

On a side note @Provost mentiined another aspect of this trade...

Gives us this run with Petey, if he doesn't want to re-sign, or if he gets too expensive, we now have a C to replace him for the upcoming penalty years. 

I does give management less of a headache having to replace Petey, should that be necessary.

Obviously hope not...

Might also convince Petey even more to want to stay here.

Lindholm might like it here also.

Could see a world where both of them are here next year. 

• ThereItIs 1

Damn Allvin/Rutherford god. They get things done. 

Why are people talking about contracts and whatnot lol... 

Even if Lindholm is just a rental, I would pay 2x 1sts and a prospect just to make a stanley cup run. Hell yea! We need a cup, not some ideal that "may be" we can be "good" for a long stretch. 

Edited by Drakrami

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Im not even gonna do lineup combos yet.

Still think we’ll be adding another top 6.

Toffoli.  He played with Lindholm before and with EP in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

Canucks have 2m-ish in cap space to spend on probably 1 more significant piece so who’s it gonna be?

unless it’s tanev I don’t see the Canucks really having a “need” on D to really prioritize over adding a scoring winger which is something they still need

In no particular order here’s a list of candidate's

guentzel

toffoli 🥰

tarasenko 

Vatrano 

olofsson

duclair 

monohan 

eberle

Henrique

roslovic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Might also convince Petey even more to want to stay here.

Lindholm might like it here also.

Could see a world where both of them are here next year. 

Absolutely. Really hope so...
And in makes a lot of sense...

Vancouver Sweden...

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Like... trade him? 

I know he recently had a big game, but he's not even ppg in the AHL as a 22 year old winger. 

I really dont think he'll develop into much more than a bottom 6 guy, and he's definitely not top 6 NHL playoffs ready.

You've got to be kidding, right? 

He scored 14 goals in his NHL rookie year. 

Had a sophomore jinx. Sent to the AHL. 

This year, sent to the minors because of cap issues, is taking charge and has the ability to blindside monkey spunks, is only 22, and is a force to be reckoned with. 

Are we talking about the same guy? 

This guy would be a monster under Tocchet. Period. 

Especially with how motivated he is. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No.

Fans really need to watch these prospects and not just stat watch.

Thinking Brzustewicz could be ready in two years tells me you know nothing about his game. He is extremely talented offensively but a long term project defensively.

Yup I seem to recall us having studs in Gaudette and Rathbone tear up NCAA. But couldn’t transfer their success to the NHL. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, spook007 said:

Absolutely. Really hope so...
And in makes a lot of sense...

Vancouver Sweden...

Lindholm will finally be playing with great teammates again this year.

Not that long ago he put up 40 goals and was a PPG playing with Tkachuk and Gaudreau.

Now he's playing on a PP with the likes of Hughes, Petey and Miller. All guys that can dish him the puck.

He's great around the net. He scores goals like Horvat too. Maybe a bit better of a wrister(he's scored at the top of the circle and on the rush a bunch). 

Will be a huge upgrade on Suter on the PP that's for sure. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wing said:

There's always a risk with going on all in. Only one team will win the cup so i don't consider this to be a fail if we don't. I think we can make some noise in the playoffs this year after this move. This feels muuuuuuuch better than when we traded for OEL when we paid a price like we were going all in. 

I was one of those who was really upset when we gave up a first and second for Hronek because we were still a bottom team at the time. With where the team is at now, this was the right move in my opinion.

Someone who received new information and subsequently revised their opinion. Don't see that every day on the internet. Maybe you can show Heffy how it's done lol.

• Haha 4

Wow we got fleeced, that is a LOT to give up for a rental. 1st is late in a bad draft so basically a 2nd rounder. Hunter is a B+ grade prospect. Jurmo is a B grade prospect. Kuzy didn't fit in, sure, but was a locker room and fan fave and just watch him out-score Lindholm. The extra pick is just taking the piss.

All for a rental who I doubt we can re-sign. Yikes. If we find a way to keep him on board then obviously this is a much nicer deal, I wonder if that's the plan - re-sign him for what, 5.5m and let some of our depth guys walk in free agency like Suter?

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow we got fleeced, that is a LOT to give up for a rental. 1st is late in a bad draft so basically a 2nd rounder. Hunter is a B+ grade prospect. Jurmo is a B grade prospect. Kuzy didn't fit in, sure, but was a locker room and fan fave and just watch him out-score Lindholm. The extra pick is just taking the piss.

All for a rental who I doubt we can re-sign. Yikes. If we find a way to keep him on board then obviously this is a much nicer deal, I wonder if that's the plan - re-sign him for what, 5.5m and let some of our depth guys walk in free agency like Suter?

Jurmo is a long shot to make the NHL and isn't under contract with the Canucks so who cares

HB is a maybe and beaten to death already as a high end offensive talent but severely lacking on defensive ... to be determined

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

You've got to be kidding, right? 

He scored 14 goals in his NHL rookie year. 

Had a sophomore jinx. Sent to the AHL. 

This year, sent to the minors because of cap issues, is taking charge and has the ability to blindside monkey spunks, is only 22, and is a force to be reckoned with. 

Are we talking about the same guy? 

This guy would be a monster under Tocchet. Period. 

Especially with how motivated he is. 

I haven't got to watched him this year, just looking at numbers. I think he looked really lost most of the time last season, but that's imo obv.

I hope you're right about his future, but I really don't see him being an option for the current push, unless he's shipped out for another win-now piece. That's all I'm saying

• Cheers 2