★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I wonder if Myers is being tested with Hughes as protection after Huggy has been targeted lately and Myers has been throwing haymakers and laying people out? 

Myers is actually a go out there defensive defenseman. If he can trust his partner he will not be "hanging out" trying to block shots. He will attack the puck and anyone stupid enough to have the puck with him incoming. Chicago will have to dump the puck.

Just now, Tusk said:

remember when..... chicago was one of our biggest rivals, playoff after playoff and then Bieksa

Its never been the same since, Chicago can suck pucks and feed em to Bedard untill he wants to trade to Canucks in 3 years.

Ya, those games and series were unreal. Vancouver lost twice in the playoffs before the storied Slay the Dragon game. I recall reading that before game 7 Kesler picked up Bieksa and all the way to the arena they kept saying, "not today, they aren't beating us today". The rest is history. 

What a fantastic rivalry that was, epic. Hopefully, before too long, Canucks can have another rivalry that has the same level of intesity.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Cole Guttman

Boris Katchouk

Taylor Raddysh

Mackenzie Entwhistle

Philip Kursahev

What a lineup

Entwhistle doesn’t sound like a hockey name. It belongs in the rock and roll hall of fame, as in John Entwhistle the bass player from the Who. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Would be great to see lotto line split up and Petey able to handle his own friggin line. We have 3 weaker teams its time to get back on the bike Petey. drop the training wheels.

Maybe put Miller with Mik and Kuzy. Brock Petey and ? Would be a good line. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, jannick_handsome said:

Maybe put Miller with Mik and Kuzy. Brock Petey and ? Would be a good line. 

Oh, for sure! JT could fix Mik and Kuzy. But thats not the point. Petey needs to take care of his line, fix them, talk to them like Miller does. 

I think Jt miller can do it, but I am not sure Petey looks better or worse with Hogz and Boes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't think so. Why f-up the best line in hockey?

Cause Boeser and Miller were the best line in hockey already. Petey got all the attention as the "first" line. 

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't think so. Why f-up the best line in hockey?

giphy.gif

Which is why PA / JR will unearth a true 2C and pluck from Abby to create a second legit scoring line ... trust in management, well I do anyway.

Just now, Jaimito said:

Dr Rutherford is still at it. He ain't done. 

I'm hopeful, but won't be too disappointed if he can't pull off another miracle. I'm quite happy with this group. Even if its just a little add around the edges for some d depth that would be just fine. Keep our prime assets for ourselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

I don't want that damn presidents trophy... haha

In a sense, too much expectations probably not good for this group.  They are still a bit of a noobies being to the top dog.  I think they play better when they are the underdog. 

I'll settle for first in the West and get home ice through conference final. 

• Like 1