★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

I see Soucy has never played a full season

Does anyone know if when he was with Wild and 1st year with Kraken did he miss those 20-30 games due to injury or healthy scratches?

9 minutes ago, bh90 said:

I see Soucy has never played a full season

Does anyone know if when he was with Wild and 1st year with Kraken did he miss those 20-30 games due to injury or healthy scratches?

Due to injury. 

Earlier in the season (before acquiring Zad) there was talk amongst some here of our potential interest in Sean Walker. In the last year of his contract at a 2.65 cap hit... Philly's playing pretty well these days but still rebuilding. Wonder if they would have any interest in moving him, or if they'd want to hang onto him now. Could be a good target with Soucy being out again.

Sucks to hear about Soucy. But all things considered, we've been fortunate to avoid the injury train throughout the rest of the lineup this season.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Did I read this correctly... "With long list of injuries, Hawks will have three players with more than 13 points in the line-up"?

I mean, I know they have a lot of injuries but is this really all the firepower they have for tonight? (Unless Foligno plays tonight).

Now, I am scared of a trap game. Nonetheless, I predict a 5-0 win for the good guys!

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

With Soucy out, this is another good test to our defensive depths, which is really needed in the playoffs. Good thing we have Noah Juulsen, been praised by Hughes and RT many times this season. I bet he is super anxious to get back in the line up and will do use well. Can't wait to see him back.

Ive liked what I’ve seen from him so far. Has a few things to clean up, mostly decision making while under pressure, but is playing a big game

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ralph. said:

Earlier in the season (before acquiring Zad) there was talk amongst some here of our potential interest in Sean Walker. In the last year of his contract at a 2.65 cap hit... Philly's playing pretty well these days but still rebuilding. Wonder if they would have any interest in moving him, or if they'd want to hang onto him now. Could be a good target with Soucy being out again.

Philly isn't going to make any trades that don't make them better.  It makes zero sense for two teams firmly in playoff positions to trade with each other.  Unless it's a perfect need-for-need, no.

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Due to injury. 

Wow didn't know that. Guess we shouldn't be surprised than.

Guys that block shots tend to spend time on the shelf though it is what it is.

More time for Juulsen to develop which is great us for next season

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He finished the game I thought?

Sucks but at least he'll be ready for the last stretch and playoffs.  ASG coming too.  So return at end of Feb/early Mar lets hope, when there are many key games vs division rivals.  

Juulson is ready. 

• Cheers 2