★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

7 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

When does season end? We need him to come back just for playoffs. Use  3.5 million to spend overr at the TDL

Thurs Apr 18 is last regular season game for Nux vs Jets, and also last day for NHL.  Interestingly enough, every team in pacific div plus Avs all play that night too.  

Playoffs likely start a few days after that.  

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

We need some help on D if we want to get through a long playoff run.  My eyes are all on Alex Vlasic.  Wonder what it would take to pry him out of Chicago.  He's huge, plays big, big minutes, and is a +6 on that dismal team.  I'd unload a 1st round pick for the guy to play in our top 4.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We need some help on D if we want to get through a long playoff run.  My eyes are all on Alex Vlasic.  Wonder what it would take to pry him out of Chicago.  He's huge, plays big, big minutes, and is a +6 on that dismal team.  I'd unload a 1st round pick for the guy to play in our top 4.

I don't think Chicago is looking to trade a 22 year old hulking Dman who is coming into his own.

• Upvote 1

Our D is starting to get big, but have you seen Chicago's D?!😳 Crevier at 6'8", three guyst at 6'6" (Vlasic, Tinordi & Megna), and two at 6'4" (Murphy & Jones). They have no D man who's under 6'2".  Maybe that is where we should be looking for some D depth.

Edited by CaptainCanuck12

22 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Our D is starting to get big, but have you seen Chicago's D?!😳 Crevier at 6'8", three guyst at 6'6" (Vlasic, Tinordi & Megna), and two at 6'4" (Murphy & Jones). They have no D man who's under 6'2".  Maybe that is where we should be looking for some D depth.

Maybe we should scout the NBA too if all we are worried about is height. 
‘They may be big but they sure stink. 

13 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

This is true.

But why would Chicago want a late late 1st in a so so draft instead of a giant young defenseman?

We'd add more I guess.  I'd actually start with DPetey.  Vlasic is what we'd want him to turn into anyway. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

The Canucks have enough size on the backend. They need responsible defensive defenders like Soucy who can calmly manage the puck. Solid first passes, strong enough to manage a forecheck. 

Height alone is pointless if the player doesn’t play to their size. Zadorov is probably the prime example of a large defenseman who possesses weight in conjunction with height and the clear ability and willingness to use it. Myers, Cole and Juulsen also are capable in that regard. 

The Canucks would be best to go after a forward initially and possibly a depth defender second.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Tocchet starting Demko.  I wonder if it’s because he senses what I do - this is a pretty easy game to overlook.  Especially after that barn burner against TO. Hopefully his message gets through.