★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

1 hour ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Our D is starting to get big, but have you seen Chicago's D?!😳 Crevier at 6'8", three guyst at 6'6" (Vlasic, Tinordi & Megna), and two at 6'4" (Murphy & Jones). They have no D man who's under 6'2".  Maybe that is where we should be looking for some D depth.

Extra large pylons

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Outsiders said:

This is a game I'd break up the lotto line and see if we can spark Mikheyev and Kuzzy to get their confidence up. I'd also play the hell outta the 4th line Hog/Aman/Laff as they deserve more mins after recent play.

Was thinking along the same lines regarding splitting up the Lotto line for this game.

Noticed some encouraging play from Kuzmenko in the last game. He appears to be getting some confidence back. He had been very tentative since taking that puck to the face.

Game against a bottom feeding team, where we might attempt to jumpstart a good complementary scoring winger by placing him on a line centred by EP40. 

If there are no positive response from Kuzmenko then we can return him to playing with Suter.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Was thinking along the same lines regarding splitting up the Lotto line for this game.

Noticed some encouraging play from Kuzmenko in the last game. He appears to be getting some confidence back. He had been very tentative since taking that puck to the face.

Game against a bottom feeding team, where we might attempt to jumpstart a good complementary scoring winger by placing him on a line centred by EP40. 

If there are no positive response from Kuzmenko then we can return him to playing with Suter.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I don't see any reason to split them up at this point

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wonder if they bring up Wolanin

Friedman, who was in Abbotsford on a Conditioning Assignment has been Recalled.

Karlsson has also been called up. 

This gives us a full 23 man roster.

4 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

You guys sound like you're talking about someone who gets knocked out of the lineup by some soft check at the blue line. Soucy's a warrior who hits hard, blocks shots and fights. He's gonna lose some games as a result.

Considering all he brings and how much better we are with him in the lineup, I'd suggest a bit more loyalty in how ya frame your comments is warranted, no?

Sadly, never happen

What does loyalty have to do with identifying a pattern emerging with a certain player? I don't think any of us criticized how good of a defenceman he is.  We're just saying we need more depth with how Soucy has been injury prone (in fact, he has never played a full season in his 5 seasons in the NHL).

Also, not sure how we can say Vlasic would never be traded.  Everybody has a price.  It's just a matter of if we're willing to pay that price.  I suspect if you offer Chicago DPetey and a 1st round pick, Vlasic would be a Canuck by the TDL.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So...Is Friedman back to the beat? 

It's likely that Juulsen slots in and Friedman is the 7th d-man, but maybe he plays some games given he just had a conditioning stint.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I don't see any reason to split them up at this point

Generally I consider this a good adage.

But it is not particularly apropos regarding the gist of my post whereby I suggest a reason for splitting them up, maybe only for this one game.

If, after this game, there is no reasonable response with Kuzmenko, then return him to the Suter line.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Any words on about Soucy? Hopefully leaving last game early was just a precaution… 

Heard earlier wrist issue could be 3 weeks :classic_sad:

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So...Is Friedman back to the beat? 

Who the foock is that guy? lol

just looked him up and am shocked to see he has played 18 games for the Nucks this year.

Likely means he actually played ok, as he didn't stick out, in a bad way.

Damn hard gig in the pros- be ready-but we likely won't play you.

4 points in 4 AHL games during his conditioning stint

I don't know if he was recalled though.

Soucy is having an unlucky year injury wise. 😞

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Friedman, who was in Abbotsford on a Conditioning Assignment has been Recalled.

Karlsson has also been called up. 

This gives us a full 23 man roster.

strange that they'd call up a rd, but I guess this is the second time Soucy has been injured.  Personally, I'd rather see Wolanin than Friedman

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

How about Tanev ? 

:hurhur: 

I think we actually try and pry Bogosian and Maroon out of the Wild.  Would shore up our toughness for the playoffs.  Bogosian still plays 20min a night for the Wild while maintaining an even +/-.  He would look good as a 3rd pairing guy on our D core and gives us that extra depth we need come playoff time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

strange that they'd call up a rd, but I guess this is the second time Soucy has been injured.  Personally, I'd rather see Wolanin than Friedman

I understand your preference of Wolanin over Friedman for a call up, though from watching the highlight package from the last Abbotsford  game, Friedman played well and was in a lot of the highlights.

Tocchet has the preference of having the D play on their strong sides. In all likelihood we will see Juulsson paired with Ian Cole.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

You guys sound like you're talking about someone who gets knocked out of the lineup by some soft check at the blue line. Soucy's a warrior who hits hard, blocks shots and fights. He's gonna lose some games as a result.

Considering all he brings and how much better we are with him in the lineup, I'd suggest a bit more loyalty in how ya frame your comments is warranted, no?

Sadly, never happen

@Dom @CanuckMan Soucy played 78 last year and 64 the year before. I wouldn't call that injury prone. This last injury was due to blocking a shot. Probably broke his hand somewhere. Now Mikheyev, he's injury prone. 

I watched the Battle of berthas after our last game against Toronto and Chris Tanev can skate really well still he was the only reason I watched. But with Soucy out for a while again I say we go after him, I think he'll extend cheap to be on a contender and familiar city to boot. Our 2nd line isn't great but that's with a stacked 1st, spread it out a bit and the lines will look more balanced. With Tanev our D is more balanced. and ready for anyone we meet in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What does loyalty have to do with identifying a pattern emerging with a certain player? I don't think any of us criticized how good of a defenceman he is.  We're just saying we need more depth with how Soucy has been injury prone (in fact, he has never played a full season in his 5 seasons in the NHL).

Poor word choice perhaps but simply suggesting the words and phrases I bolded are not very respectful to a hard working, major contributor to the team. I'd wager that Soucy himself would take exception to those terms if anyone here had the courage to pose them to him in person. Then again he'd probably just laugh it off

• Cheers 2