★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

5 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Poor word choice perhaps but simply suggesting the words and phrases I bolded are not very respectful to a hard working, major contributor to the team. I'd wager that Soucy himself would take exception to those terms if anyone here had the courage to pose them to him in person. Then again he'd probably just laugh it off

LOL if you're really upset because I called him injury prone as fuck idk what to tell ya. He has been hurt 3 times this year, if that's not injury prone, what is? 

57 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What does loyalty have to do with identifying a pattern emerging with a certain player? I don't think any of us criticized how good of a defenceman he is.  We're just saying we need more depth with how Soucy has been injury prone (in fact, he has never played a full season in his 5 seasons in the NHL).

Also, not sure how we can say Vlasic would never be traded.  Everybody has a price.  It's just a matter of if we're willing to pay that price.  I suspect if you offer Chicago DPetey and a 1st round pick, Vlasic would be a Canuck by the TDL.

That is such an awful price for Vlasic. Isn’t his deal considered one of the worse ones in the league at this point? I respect his strengths on a bad SJ team this year, but I don’t think Vlasic is our guy.

Edited by GrammaInTheTub

29 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

That is such an awful price for Vlasic. Isn’t his deal considered one of the worse ones in the league at this point? I respect his strengths on a bad SJ team this year, but I don’t think Vlasic is our guy.

They're talking about Alex Vlasic on the Blackhawks

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

strange that they'd call up a rd, but I guess this is the second time Soucy has been injured.  Personally, I'd rather see Wolanin than Friedman

Yeah but we already had an extra LD as Soucy, Cole, and Zadorov are all LD's with one (Cole) forced to the right side. I thought Cole and Friedman also played really well together as did Cole and Juulsen before Soucy returned. I do like Wolanin a lot too but this is a safer more familiar move for the team. Otherwise you'd have to slot Wolanin right into the line-up and sit Juulsen still, or move Zadorov to the right. 

Either way it kind of sucks that Myers will have a new partner as he and Soucy we're playing well together. Now we'll probably see a Zadorov and Myers pairing who I thought were kind of shaky in the couple games they played together.

51 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Wrong Vlasic 😄  I'm talking about the 22yo in Chicago 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Who the foock is that guy? lol

just looked him up and am shocked to see he has played 18 games for the Nucks this year.

Likely means he actually played ok, as he didn't stick out, in a bad way.

Damn hard gig in the pros- be ready-but we likely won't play you.

4 points in 4 AHL games during his conditioning stint

I don't know if he was recalled though.

Soucy is having an unlucky year injury wise. 😞

Early on he was better than Juulson.  

But when they were both on together, it was terrible.  Juuls outplayed him since and earned it.  

Freidman was pretty good down in Abby and deserved to be called up.  

• Cheers 1

Oh Shitcago, I remember you and your dumb ass song.

I'm really sad that Bedard had to land there in that fustercluck of an organization.

I hope without him they sink to the bottom of the cesspool they crawled out of.

No love lost here.

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Wiggums said:

100000 dollars to anyone who can name 5 healthy hawks players without looking

Al Secord, Dirk Graham, Darren Pang, Stu Grimson, Marian Hossa.

Please donate my winnings to Donald Trump's campaign fund.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

We have to win the conference so we can get that 2nd wildcard team. Keep on winning. 

Unless the Kings miss, which seems unlikely, the first 7 teams are set in the West. 

Also, Aman has been playing good hockey with Hoglander recently. Happy with his game, and still a lot of time to get better for him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm really sad that Bedard had to land there in that fustercluck of an organization.

No love lost here.

Fortunately it’ll only be Laaa Lalala Laa Laaaaaa all night!

Jets in Boston tonight. Pretty good game. Two contenders locked in a good battle. 2 - 1 Bruins in 2nd.

Ideal game to watch before watching the best team in the league (Canucks) vs worst team in league... (Hawks)..

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

We have to win the conference so we can get that 2nd wildcard team. Keep on winning. 

Unless the Kings miss, which seems unlikely, the first 7 teams are set in the West. 

Also, Aman has been playing good hockey with Hoglander recently. Happy with his game, and still a lot of time to get better for him. 

I don't think it matters who we play - it's gonna be a hell of a battle either way. 

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

No love lost here.

I always knew that when Chicago got Bedard he will be coming home in a few years. You know they always come home. Same with Celebrini coming to play with his brother in 4 or 5 years.