★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

You guys sound like you're talking about someone who gets knocked out of the lineup by some soft check at the blue line. Soucy's a warrior who hits hard, blocks shots and fights. He's gonna lose some games as a result.

Considering all he brings and how much better we are with him in the lineup, I'd suggest a bit more loyalty in how ya frame your comments is warranted, no?

Sadly, never happen

Why are people so sensitive on this board? Lol

Imagine Soucy is out and Zadorav is not re-signed next year. Only Dmen under contract currently for next year are Hughes, Soucy, & Juulsen. Just saying signing Hronek/Zadorav is very important because our d-depth go’s way down with someone like Soucy injured. 

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

@Dom @CanuckMan Soucy played 78 last year and 64 the year before. I wouldn't call that injury prone. This last injury was due to blocking a shot. Probably broke his hand somewhere. Now Mikheyev, he's injury prone. 

Yeah I agree he’s not built out of glass. Just saying he’s been injury prone with us so far (his fault or not). 

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Who the foock is that guy? lol

just looked him up and am shocked to see he has played 18 games for the Nucks this year.

Likely means he actually played ok, as he didn't stick out, in a bad way.

Damn hard gig in the pros- be ready-but we likely won't play you.

4 points in 4 AHL games during his conditioning stint

I don't know if he was recalled though.

Soucy is having an unlucky year injury wise. 😞

Friedman is the guy we picked up so that on HNIC Friedman starts to not talk shit all day about the canucks.

SO now we have both the Juice and Elliot actually admitting the Canucks are GOOD.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Wrapped and saved so as folks will know, where they were at roughly the half way mark of the year the Canucks won Lord Stanley's Cup...

This is a special year.  I think we can all feel it.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

This is a classic game where Canuck teams of old would play down to their opponent. We'll see what this team has in store.

Expecting the lotto line to get back on the scoresheet in a big way, will be disappointing if they don't imo

Yeah this is the kinda game where the Lotto Line and Hughes can really put up big numbers.  3 to 4 points each.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is a classic game where Canuck teams of old would play down to their opponent. We'll see what this team has in store.

Expecting the lotto line to get back on the scoresheet in a big way, will be disappointing if they don't imo

Time to let go of the past luggage. 

This year's team is special. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

It's always there! I just want them to do better and better 😄

let's meet in the middle and focus on fair, reasonable critiques? I'll never go for the jugular, you'll never have to defend your honour ... harmony reigns supreme!

"they played well enough to win even though their powerplay wasn't at its best" vs "the powerplay was terrible tonight" (etc) is all it would take for me -- jus' sayin'.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Time to let go of the past luggage. 

This year's team is special. 

I agree, I don't say that to mean I'm worried more just a matter of fact/how things have changed. I have full confidence in them tonight.

Would be great to see the lotto line shine tho. And/Or a big night for Kuzy, he could use it.