★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks • 7:00PM Jan 22, 2024

Jaimito

33 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Earlier I offered 100k to anyone who could name 5 healthy hawks and nobody could do it.  

Also, I don't actually have 100k

Corey Crawford, Adam Burish, Ben Eager, Patrick Sharp and Eric Daze.

I will take that the $100,000 as an unsecured note otherwise known as an IOU. A contract implies an exchange of a good or service for adequate consideration – both have to be present at the same time, as is the case here. Given you were not specific on the type of player to select, I elected to go with Chicago Blackhawk alumni and chose the aforementioned five players.

One must be specific when drafting contracts or making agreements as the well known jurisprudence concept of Contra Proferentem applies. In laymen terms, “interpretation against the draftsman” or in @Alflives terms, any ambiguity shall be interpreted as to the detriment to the writer – in this case you @Wiggums. I should also point out that no time limit was set on said contract, another no-no ... a legal term.

I could have elected to go with deceased Blackhawk alumni such as Stan Makita, Bobby Hull, Pit Martin or Tony Esposito but decided that the living would be a better way to go - given you didn't mention on the exact time period of "healthy". My consideration is I may have to expend significant effort in collecting on the IOU thus am covered on that side.

All donations gratefully accepted, my people will be in touch.

image.gif.4d95ad6ab2baec3f984e0a8444b93e76.gif

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Wrapped and saved so as folks will know, where they were at roughly the half way mark of the year the Canucks won Lord Stanley's Cup...

I wonder how much these two have come together as teammates off the ice now that they're winning? They may not have a ton in common, personally, but professionally they are the exact same in their desire to win. Seems like they're having a lot of fun this year with each other. 

• Upvote 1

Guys, I am sorry, just landed in Boston

I would really appreciate if someone gives me a hand and post a link or two where I can watch Canucks

I will be on the East the whole week and hate to miss 3 games.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree, I don't say that to mean I'm worried more just a matter of fact/how things have changed. I have full confidence in them tonight.

Would be great to see the lotto line shine tho. And/Or a big night for Kuzy, he could use it.

Would be great to see lotto line split up and Petey able to handle his own friggin line. We have 3 weaker teams its time to get back on the bike Petey. drop the training wheels.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I would really appreciate if someone gives me a hand and post a link or two where I can watch Canucks

You can try one of these links -> -> https://nhlstream.net/vancouver-canucks-live-stream/ or this one https://nhlstreams.io/ 

Good luck

This is crazy I'm having a hard time just going with the flow and enjoying each game as it happens. Now I seem to over-think each contest and pray that our team plays up to a high standard and keeps winning. As someone already said all we can ask for is that the boys play a tough, disciplined brand of Canuck hockey that is mistake and injury free. Cheers!

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is a classic game where Canuck teams of old would play down to their opponent. We'll see what this team has in store.

Expecting the lotto line to get back on the scoresheet in a big way, will be disappointing if they don't imo

No fuck with Tocc

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree, I don't say that to mean I'm worried more just a matter of fact/how things have changed. I have full confidence in them tonight.

Would be great to see the lotto line shine tho. And/Or a big night for Kuzy, he could use it.

It's like those bad first-home-game-back-from-a-road-trip thing.  Or back to back games.   Scheduled loss is often no longer a loss with this team.  

• Cheers 1

Canucks D pairings tonight 

Hughes – Tyler Myers
Nikita Zadorov – Hronek
Ian Cole – Noah Juulsen

Looks like coaches treating this game as a test to try some new things.  You have the luxury to do this when you're 1st overall playing against a bottom 5,  rebuilding team..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

watching tocc's pregame availability currently. every interview i see with this guy, man, it just gets clearer and clearer that he gets it. 

he sees things coming and proactively addresses them in such subtle ways. the way he establishes the bar of expectation for his team without phrasing it as a challenge to them, he invests so much confidence in them.

when he's asked if this is a trap game, he says he'd be more worried if they hadn't had the bad second period against Toronto. "humble pie" he says. that period got their radar up, he says.

what he's accomplished is proactively holding them accountable, taking away the excuse before they can use it, but in a super subtle way that makes the guys believe in themselves. 

rick tocchet is a low key coaching genius.

he's got the strategy down, he's got the emotional intelligence connection with the players down, and he's got the progressive, inclusive, collaborative approach to the workplace down. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes – Tyler Myers
Nikita Zadorov – Hronek
Ian Cole – Noah Juulsen

Looks like coaches treating this game as a test to try some new things.  You have the luxury to do this when you're 1st overall playing against a bottom 5,  rebuilding team..

He split up the HH line earlier in the season.  Was mixed. But Myers is better now, and Big Z is now used to their system.  Let's see how it goes. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

watching tocc's pregame availability currently. every interview i see with this guy, man, it just gets clearer and clearer that he gets it. 

he sees things coming and proactively addresses them in such subtle ways. the way he establishes the bar of expectation for his team without phrasing it as a challenge to them, he invests so much confidence in them.

when he's asked if this is a trap game, he says he'd be more worried if they hadn't had the bad second period against Toronto. "humble pie" he says. that period got their radar up, he says.

what he's accomplished is proactively holding them accountable, taking away the excuse before they can use it, but in a super subtle way that makes the guys believe in themselves. 

rick tocchet is a low key coaching genius.

he's got the strategy down, he's got the emotional intelligence connection with the players down, and he's got the progressive, inclusive, collaborative approach to the workplace down. 

The right coach for the right team. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes – Tyler Myers
Nikita Zadorov – Hronek
Ian Cole – Noah Juulsen

Good- I've been wanting to see Hronek being the go to guy on a pairing.

It would be a good thing to know, before re-signing him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I wonder if Myers is being tested with Hughes as protection after Huggy has been targeted lately and Myers has been throwing haymakers and laying people out? 

Myers and Big Z are their new enforcer.

Edited by Jaimito

37 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Not sure how late they are open, but if you find a Buffalo Wild Wings they will have access to the games. 

37 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I will take that the $100,000 as an unsecured note otherwise known as an IOU. A contract implies an exchange of a good or service for adequate consideration – both have to be present at the same time, as is the case here. Given you were not specific on the type of player to select, I elected to go with Chicago Blackhawk alumni and chose the aforementioned five players.

One must be specific when drafting contracts or making agreements as the well known jurisprudence concept of Contra Proferentem applies. In laymen terms, “interpretation against the draftsman” or in @Alflives terms, any ambiguity shall be interpreted as to the detriment to the writer – in this case you @Wiggums. I should also point out that no time limit was set on said contract, another no-no ... a legal term.

I could have elected to go with deceased Blackhawk alumni such as Stan Makita, Bobby Hull, Pit Martin or Tony Esposito but decided that the living would be a better way to go - given you didn't mention on the exact time period of "healthy". My consideration is I may have to expend significant effort in collecting on the IOU thus am covered on that side.

remember when..... chicago was one of our biggest rivals, playoff after playoff and then Bieksa

Its never been the same since, Chicago can suck pucks and feed em to Bedard untill he wants to trade to Canucks in 3 years.

51 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I also realized I couldn’t honestly name 5 healthy hawks 😂

Neither could I... I went straight to Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane, and Chris Chelios and Jeremy Roenick... what's with that franchise and dirtbags.  Bedard doesn't belong there.

45 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

And 50% to your manager (me)

• Haha 1