[PGT] Blackhawks at Canucks

31 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Jason Bukata's piece today speculates on a couple of Trade targets (for Canucks) and the price to acquire them:

*** Note: according to CapFriendly Sean Monahan's remaining Daily Cap Hit is Tooltip : $889,115 

1)   To Vancouver: Adam Henrique (expiring contract paying $5.85M AAV)

To Anaheim: Andrei Kuzmenko and one of Vancouver’s fourth-round picks in 2024

*Note: Vancouver also retains $800,000 of Kuzmenko's cap.

Other factors to consider in this potential trade is that Kuzmenko has a 12-team no-trade list in his contract, while Henrique has a 10-team no-trade list.

2.) To Vancouver: Sean Monahan

To Montreal: Aatu Raty, a fourth-round pick in 2024 (via New Jersey) and Vancouver's sixth-round pick in 2024

*Note: Montreal retains $900,000 of Monahan's cap hit

That's awful for SM, imo.  In no way, imo, should they move raty........they have no real C prospects outside of him

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Too early to trade Hunter, unless we are getting a very very good player with term or an RFA. 

He's making history right now. 

Penguins are still in the playoff race, if they are selling, I would rather trade for Crosby to be honest. The very best at making the wingers around him better players. Also his face-offs will be big for this team in a playoff series. 

As for Hoglander, I hope the team signs him to a medium-term deal this off-season if he's interested. He is going to start putting up better numbers once he gets on that 2nd line and his time on the ice goes up. It could be as early as this season or next season. 

lol, the Penguins are not trading Crosby.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's awful for SM, imo.  In no way, imo, should they move raty........they have no real C prospects outside of him

SM barely moves the needle for us and would not hold up in the playoffs..

Pass for that price.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would tend to agree, wasn't my proposal. LOL

I think they might have something in Max Sasson...but pretty thin after that IMO.

Max Sasson is .70 PPG player in Abby while Raty is a .62 PPG player, Ceiling for in Raty seems higher but his skating needs work to play at the next level.. JMO 

2 years difference in age as well.   

Edited by Blitz-Pix

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

The biggest concern about Monahan is that he's fragile, the guy is always injured...He's the offensive version of Tanev. LOL

What's the point in trading for a guy that's injury prone, especially a rental that you're giving up good assets to aquirre? 

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Raty doesn’t play centre in Abby. He’s been playing left wing for most of the year. I’m not sure if he will be a centre at the NHL level. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Raty doesn’t play centre in Abby. He’s been playing left wing for most of the year. I’m not sure if he will be a centre at the NHL level. 

I was going to mention that, he hasn't been playing Center for awhile now. 

I just saw the lineup for the Abby game tonight and he's playing wing on the 3rd line. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I was going to mention that, he hasn't been playing Center for awhile now. 

I just saw the lineup for the Abby game tonight and he's playing wing on the 3rd line. 

Yes, he’s been playing left wing on the 3rd line for awhile now. Sasson centres the 2nd line and has looked real good lately. I would say he is our top centre prospect right now. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, he’s been playing left wing on the 3rd line for awhile now. Sasson centres the 2nd line and has looked real good lately. I would say he is our top centre prospect right now. 

Center is a position we need to address in the coming draft.... Or target in a trade (prospect for prospect)  

We are pretty thin...I believe the Canucks liked Sasson and he impressed at training camp (from what i remember)

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Center is a position we need to address in the coming draft.... Or target in a trade (prospect for prospect)  

We are pretty thin...I believe the Canucks liked Sasson and he impressed at training camp (from what i remember)

sorry I am a bit puzzled. We have more centers than LW or RW, which is why we have centers playing on wings. Please, just even look at the canucks roster. Never mind ab baby canucks.

51 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

He's had injury issues this year I think, but has played pretty well I think.  I don't think he's as versatile as AR, but he's got promise.  

23 minutes ago, Tusk said:

sorry I am a bit puzzled. We have more centers than LW or RW, which is why we have centers playing on wings. Please, just even look at the canucks roster. Never mind ab baby canucks.

There's C and then there's players who can actually play C at the NHL level.  They're short on those prospects

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If the Lotto line plays together (Petey and JT), we have Blueger, Suter and Aman. 

We'll need a pipeline of centers as we'll probably lose Blueger to FA.  Suter is signed for 1 more year then he's a UFA 

I was looking ahead and suggesting we should be targeting (through draft or trades) young skilled centermen. 

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

If the Lotto line plays together (Petey and JT), we have Blueger, Suter and Aman. 

We'll need a pipeline of centers as we'll probably lose Blueger to FA.  Suter is signed for 1 more year then he's a UFA 

I was looking ahead and suggesting we should be targeting (through draft or trades) young skilled centermen. 

I said look at the roster dumbass. I bolded the centers for you. Out of the 13 forwards, 8 of them are centers. 

Forwards

Player

#

Pos

Sh

Ht

Wt

Born

Birthplace

88 C L 6′2″ 179
Feb 7, 2000
Avesta, SWE
53 C L 6′0″ 185
Aug 15, 1994
Riga, LVA
6 RW R 6′1″ 208
Feb 25, 1997
Burnsville, Minnesota, USA

8 RW R 5′10″ 165
Mar 11, 1996
Scituate, Massachusetts, USA
21 LW L 5′9″ 185
Dec 20, 2000
BOCKTRäSK, SWE
81 C L 6′3″ 206
May 15, 1996
Dearborn, Michigan, USA
94 C R 6′1″ 178
Nov 16, 1999
Eksjö, SWE
96 LW R 5′11″ 194
Feb 4, 1996
Yakutsk, RUS
18 C R 6′2″ 205
Mar 6, 1995
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
65 RW L 6′2″ 192
Oct 10, 1994
Omsk, RUS
9 C L 6′1″ 218
Mar 14, 1993
East Palestine, Ohio, USA
40 C L 6′2″ 176
Nov 12, 1998
Sundsvall, SWE
24 C L 5′11″ 179
May 24, 1996
Zurich, CHE

23 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I said look at the roster dumbass. I bolded the centers for you. Out of the 13 forwards, 8 of them are centers. 

Forwards

Player

#

Pos

Sh

Ht

Wt

Born

Birthplace

88 C L 6′2″ 179
Feb 7, 2000
Avesta, SWE
53 C L 6′0″ 185
Aug 15, 1994
Riga, LVA
6 RW R 6′1″ 208
Feb 25, 1997

8 RW R 5′10″ 165
Mar 11, 1996
21 LW L 5′9″ 185
Dec 20, 2000
BOCKTRäSK, SWE
81 C L 6′3″ 206
May 15, 1996
Dearborn, Michigan, USA
94 C R 6′1″ 178
Nov 16, 1999
Eksjö, SWE
96 LW R 5′11″ 194
Feb 4, 1996
Yakutsk, RUS
18 C R 6′2″ 205
Mar 6, 1995
65 RW L 6′2″ 192
Oct 10, 1994
Omsk, RUS
9 C L 6′1″ 218
Mar 14, 1993
40 C L 6′2″ 176
Nov 12, 1998
Sundsvall, SWE
24 C L 5′11″ 179
May 24, 1996
Zurich, CHE

Do you realistically see them using any of Joshua, Karlsson or Lafferty as long term Centers to carry a line?

To take a draw or emergency short term help sure but not to carry a line all season. 

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

Do you realistically see them using any of Joshua, Karlsson or Lafferty as long term Centers to carry a line?

To take a draw or emergency short term help sure but not to carry a line all season. 

Yeah I do. Joshua should be centering Kuz and Mik right now instead of suter. Lafferty is totally capable as well. 

The main point is Petey shouldnt be on a wing, he is the 2C. If they wanna keep this "lotto" bullshit up, they should move Dak up.

Its not going to make garly & blueger less effective.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

SM barely moves the needle for us and would not hold up in the playoffs..

Pass for that price.

I wonder about that though. Is there some bias because he's an ex-flame for some people? He's played fairly well in Montreal the last couple years from most accounts, and has looked good in the handful of games I've seen. It feels like he might actually have something to offer if playing in the playoffs again. He was a quite good player before getting derailed with injuries.

This seems like a fairly low cost move if something more substantial doesn't come along. His face off %  is 56.4 and he's taken a whopping 672, just outside the top 25 overall. Crosby with a whopping 1015 AND 59.3% 😮. Raty is not a throw away but he's the type of player that gets moved at the TDL for help. By Allvin's comments you would have to think they'll be doing something.

2 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

The biggest concern about Monahan is that he's fragile, the guy is always injured...He's the offensive version of Tanev. LOL

What's the point in trading for a guy that's injury prone, especially a rental that you're giving up good assets to aquirre? 

Yeah that does seem to be the case, however he did play 75,81,81,82,74,78,70, before going 50,65,25, in his last 3 years. This year he's played 47 of 47 games. To be honest that's really not to bad at all for an NHL player who has played 782 games and is 29 years old. It's quite possible he just had a couple flukey injuries and is now back to full health. He's over 6'2, over 200 lbs. and plays with a bit of snarl. Also has a good hard shot ... and no I'm not his agent. 😆 I wouldn't be opposed if something better is out of our price range.

Edited by Gawdzukes

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Forwards

Player

#

Pos

Sh

Ht

Wt

Born

Birthplace

88 C L 6′2″ 179
Feb 7, 2000
Avesta, SWE
53 C L 6′0″ 185
Aug 15, 1994
Riga, LVA
6 RW R 6′1″ 208
Feb 25, 1997

8 RW R 5′10″ 165
Mar 11, 1996
21 LW L 5′9″ 185
Dec 20, 2000
BOCKTRäSK, SWE
81 C L 6′3″ 206
May 15, 1996
Dearborn, Michigan, USA
94 C R 6′1″ 178
Nov 16, 1999
Eksjö, SWE
96 LW R 5′11″ 194
Feb 4, 1996
Yakutsk, RUS
18 C R 6′2″ 205
Mar 6, 1995
65 RW L 6′2″ 192
Oct 10, 1994
Omsk, RUS
9 C L 6′1″ 218
Mar 14, 1993
40 C L 6′2″ 176
Nov 12, 1998
Sundsvall, SWE
24 C L 5′11″ 179
May 24, 1996
Zurich, CHE

You're the dumbass. First of all they were very clearly talking about center prospects. Second of all Joshua isn't a center dumbass. He's averaged 59 faceoffs a year in his career. 3rd Lafferty isn't even playing center full time, he's a fourth liner at best, and Aman is a second year NHLer just fighting to stay in the league. 4thly, Karlsson is not even an NHLer and would likely play wing if he ever made it. He's taken 8 faceoffs in his life. And fifth, as was mentioned Blueger and Suter are veteran bottom 6 players with short term deals.

I am simply amazed and baffled that people who have absolutely no clue what they're talking about firstly decide to make a post about it, and then I'm even more blown away that someone that clueless would actually attempt to insult someone else regarding the same subject they know absolutely nothing about. It's hilarious and mind-boggling.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

🫢 😂

29 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You're the dumbass. First of all they were very clearly talking about center prospects. Second of all Joshua isn't a center dumbass. He's averaged 59 faceoffs a year in his career. 3rd Lafferty isn't even playing center full time, he's a fourth liner at best, and Aman is a second year NHLer just fighting to stay in the league. 4thly, Karlsson is not even an NHLer and would likely play wing if he ever made it. He's taken 8 faceoffs in his life. And fifth, as was mentioned Blueger and Suter are veteran bottom 6 players with short term deals.

I am simply amazed and baffled that people who have absolutely no clue what they're talking about firstly decide to make a post about it, and then I'm even more blown away that someone that clueless would actually attempt to insult someone else regarding the same subject they know absolutely nothing about. It's hilarious and mind-boggling.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

🫢 😂

No youre the dumbass. I know i am also, but Joshua? why is he being held back? is this RACISM? Discrimination? Get the fucking guy a chance to show what he does.

I was just pointing out that we have 8 centers in the current roster, and only 5 of them have been allowed to play the role. Petey needs to take a line. He aint no sidekick.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

I was just listening to the interview with Iain McIntyre...

He wants them to go all in, and I can understand that. However, what if they fall flat on their faces? what are they going to supplement the team with next season, or even worse, once the next contracts hits, who are going to fill the spaces...

The press are the first to slaughter the team, when they are not doing well, button they want to sell everything for a run?...

With Cap issues coming up, if they make a move, it should be for 'cheap' rental, or a player with a good contract, they can fit into the team for years ahead...

I'll use the first, and a few depth players, but I'd be weary of letting players like Kuz leave, unless Tocchet has given up on him, which I don't think is the case... (could be show casing him, but doubt it)... So there will be the big issue of cap space... not an easy job to improve this team...

I would move Mik out of anyone. Kuz will rebound like Boes and like Hogs, Guaranteed.  Our coaches are that good. Mik has a wonky knee. He's going to morph into a really good 3rd line pk, defensive checker. Mik's contract should ideally be put on ltir. For his sake and for ours. Mik would be great insurance for the playoffs.  We should be banking cap space for the TD.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Cole Beaudoin, Barrie Colts, Bob Mac projects 30th.

6'2" 206 lbs. Left Handed Centre, 35 points in 39 games.

Trade down and go after C Julius Miettinen, Bob Mac ranked #59

6'2" 205 lbs, 42 Points in 45 games for Everett in the WHL.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1