[PGT] Blackhawks at Canucks

13 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree at all, but they also didn't have to worry aboutnuilding a core/foundation to build upon. I don't think either is better or wrose, just different parts of the same process.  JB's time can't be seen as successful without PA putting the rest of it in place and PA couldn't be successful without JB building something from absolutely nothing.

What I desperately want to avoid is a MIke Gillis situation, where he goes so all in that it takes a decade to recover

That I also agree upon...

Could the process had gone quicker? Who knows... I hindsight we're all stars...

I was never in the business of slagging off management, but he did mess up a few things, and we live and die with our decisions...

Regardless, the organisation is bigger now, and if, what we hear is true, then it can only be better for the organisation as a whole.

The fact its stream lined and they sing from the same hymn sheet is in itself a huge improvement from the previous management team.

But yes, it would be a drag, should we have to go through the whole after Gillis saga again...

13 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I remember saying that some day soon with this core people and media across the country/league will be like, "Holy shit, where did the Canucks come from all of a sudden?" 

And people did the usual mocking, negativity, and posts of impossibility of how that could happen.

You just can't have core talents like Petey, Demko, Hughes, Boeser, Miller all maturing, growing and reaching their potential yet still expecting us to suck.

On top of that, have even better more competent management and coaching and still expect this team to suck.

And on top of that, add pieces like Hronek, Zadorov, Suter, Cole, Lafferty, etc, and STILL expect us to suck.

We are fortunate that all the right things are coming together and the right decisions are being made. 

Bingo... there it is amigo.

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would move Mik out of anyone. Kuz will rebound like Boes and like Hogs, Guaranteed.  Our coaches are that good. Mik has a wonky knee. He's going to morph into a really good 3rd line pk, defensive checker. Mik's contract should ideally be put on ltir. For his sake and for ours. Mik would be great insurance for the playoffs.  We should be banking cap space for the TD.

2 sides to the coin...

If he really is struggling because of his knee, then yes get him on ltir to bank the cap space... however, you need to play to improve, and he is still improving... I actually think the second line is just about to break out... 

Tocchet has done wonders with just about every single player, so far.. Myers and Garland the standouts...

but Joshua, Juulsen, Hogs etc etc are also much improved players... 

It will be interesting to see, how JR and PA sees it, as they have not been slow to pull the trigger so far...

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Tusk said:

No youre the dumbass. I know i am also, but Joshua? why is he being held back? is this RACISM? Discrimination? Get the fucking guy a chance to show what he does.

I was just pointing out that we have 8 centers in the current roster, and only 5 of them have been allowed to play the role. Petey needs to take a line. He aint no sidekick.

Haha, I was joking. Hope you didn't take that seriously ... but if you know the player then you'll know that he hasn't played much center at the NHL level. Also, you should know that just because he has a C by his name on a website it doesn't mean he actually plays center nowadays. They are often not updated but merely indicate they have had some experience there. It just shows you don't know what you're talking about.

And no, lol, it's not racism. If you followed hockey closer you would know that Joshua only played 12 games with the Blues in 2021 and 30 games in 2022 before playing 79 with Vancouver last year, entirely on the wing.

Why on earth would you play him at center and break up the third line? That would be a huge dumbass 😆 thing to do at this point. There are countless numbers of players who played center in junior or college and are moved to the wing in the NHL. Joshua is one of them. Although he does have decent face-off stats for the limited number of face-offs he's taken. Joshua is being given the chance to play on the wing, and he's excelling at it.  Karlsson is another who has a C by his name but would most likely cut his teeth on the wing if he ever made it. Get to know your Vancouver Canucks better before making wide sweeping statements.

You keep making these silly statements about keeping the team the same when everyone knows we ... and most of the league can use more center depth ... no matter how many guys have a C beside their name.

16 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, I was joking. Hope you didn't take that seriously ... but if you know the player then you'll know that he hasn't played much center at the NHL level. Also, you should know that just because he has a C by his name on a website it doesn't mean he actually plays center nowadays. They are often not updated but merely indicate they have had some experience there. It just shows you don't know what you're talking about.

And no, lol, it's not racism. If you followed hockey closer you would know that Joshua only played 12 games with the Blues in 2021 and 30 games in 2022 before playing 79 with Vancouver last year, entirely on the wing.

Why on earth would you play him at center and break up the third line? That would be a huge dumbass 😆 thing to do at this point. There are countless numbers of players who played center in junior or college and are moved to the wing in the NHL. Joshua is one of them. Although he does have decent face-off stats for the limited number of face-offs he's taken. Joshua is being given the chance to play on the wing, and he's excelling at it.  Karlsson is another who has a C by his name but would most likely cut his teeth on the wing if he ever made it. Get to know your Vancouver Canucks better before making wide sweeping statements.

You keep making these silly statements about keeping the team the same when everyone knows we ... and most of the league can use more center depth ... no matter how many guys have a C beside their name.

No worries i did not take it serious... I think we need to use dumbass more often in fact.

But the qualities of 2C players i see floating around makes me think a homegrown Center is the best solution. Even if the guy has been playing wing ever since he got here.

Yes, I am on dont fuck the team up by changing everything crusade because we have a TEAM this year. Everyone pushing, everyone pulling. 

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

No worries i did not take it serious... I think we need to use dumbass more often in fact.

But the qualities of 2C players i see floating around makes me think a homegrown Center is the best solution. Even if the guy has been playing wing ever since he got here.

Yes, I am on dont fuck the team up by changing everything crusade because we have a TEAM this year. Everyone pushing, everyone pulling. 

Okay cool. I like dumbass too. It's all meant in light fun without being malicious to others. 

As far as promoting from within I understand the concept of not changing things that are working. However I think your understanding of our farm team is severely lacking. There are zero AHL center options that are likely to help this club, and if they are playing in the most important time of the year we will almost assuredly lose in the playoffs. All of our options are poor to crap. I also think you're completely off your rocker for thinking Joshua would make a good 2nd line Center, which is the position people are advocating for (that or top 6 player). I'm sorry but that's like suggesting Lafferty play center on the second line. Joshua is also already on the team. Who takes his position then? Not a solid plan.

You have to understand all the good teams around us will be adding players and getting better. Most teams that go far in the playoffs add key people to an already good team at the TDL. Vegas added Barbeshev last year which was absolutely huge in their run. They also added Jack Eichel. Colorado added Josh Manson, Lehkonen, and Cogliano, the year before. Tampa Bay is well known for adding players at the deadline for their runs. The Blues added Ryan O'Reilly, a center who went on to win the Conn Smythe in 2019.  The Penguins added players for their Cups, as did Chicago and LA. The list goes on and on. The only team that didn't was the 2018 Capitals.

I kind of get what you're saying but promoting from within is not a plan. Just play the same roster we already have in that case. There are no good options within the organization unfortunately.

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Okay cool. I like dumbass too. It's all meant in light fun without being malicious to others. 

As far as promoting from within I understand the concept of not changing things that are working. However I think your understanding of our farm team is severely lacking. There are zero AHL center options that are likely to help this club, and if they are playing in the most important time of the year we will almost assuredly lose in the playoffs. All of our options are poor to crap. I also think you're completely off your rocker for thinking Joshua would make a good 2nd line Center, which is the position people are advocating for (that or top 6 player). I'm sorry but that's like suggesting Lafferty play center on the second line. Joshua is also already on the team. Who takes his position then? Not a solid plan.

You have to understand all the good teams around us will be adding players and getting better. Most teams that go far in the playoffs add key people to an already good team at the TDL. Vegas added Barbeshev last year which was absolutely huge in their run. They also added Jack Eichel. Colorado added Josh Manson, Lehkonen, and Cogliano, the year before. Tampa Bay is well known for adding players at the deadline for their runs. The Blues added Ryan O'Reilly, a center who went on to win the Conn Smythe in 2019.  The Penguins added players for their Cups, as did Chicago and LA. The list goes on and on. The only team that didn't was the 2018 Capitals.

I kind of get what you're saying but promoting from within is not a plan. Just play the same roster we already have in that case. There is no good options within the organization unfortunately.

but would it kill to try Joshua up there for a week? I mean TDL is still a month away

39 minutes ago, Tusk said:

but would it kill to try Joshua up there for a week? I mean TDL is still a month away

I guess it wouldn't kill them. They might lose all their games though. Seems like an non-starter idea, but what do I know. Maybe try Hughes at center too and Miller on defence, and Myers in goal.

Joshua doesn't have the overall hockey IQ, the experience, nor is he in good enough shape, nor does he posses the necessary skill to play center against the top lines in the NHL. You also didn't say who would take his place on our most consistent line and you seriously threaten all the positives that the 3rd line has achieved. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I kind of get what you're saying but promoting from within is not a plan. Just play the same roster we already have in that case. There are no good options within the organization unfortunately.

Hope that I am not insinuating myself into a good natured two-way discussion. Apologize if I have.

Regarding the bold part of your post, I was watching the latest highlight package from the Abbotsford Canucks.

Sasson was in quite a few of the highlights.

He is not going to be our 2C anytime soon, so probably not germaine to your discussion but I can see him possibly making the team next year as a 4C.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Artemus said:

Hope that I am not insinuating myself into a good natured two-way discussion. Apologize if I have.

Regarding the bold part of your post, I was watching the latest highlight package from the Abbotsford Canucks.

Sasson was in quite a few of the highlights.

He is not going to be our 2C anytime soon, so probably not germaine to your discussion but I can see him possibly making the team next year as a 4C.

No, not at all always appreciate the extra insight and comments. I was going to mention Sasson appears to be playing well in the AHL. Had a strong training camp too. I think Tusk is just expecting to much out of players. Hopefully he keeps progressing but as you said it's a pretty unreal expectation that he'd be our second line center this year in the playoffs.

I'm definitely rooting for him.

• Cheers 1