[PGT] Blackhawks at Canucks

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No, but they drafted goalie Mason MacDonald one pick before us at #34. One of my brightest moments as I was clamoring for Benning to pick him as I watched even on draft day one.

Yeah, I wanted him in the 1st round so I was very glad we got him in the 2nd

My God, those last two periods were hard to watch. Chicago's style of play has something to do with it, lots of interference and a sort of neutral zone trap, but everybody but Kuzzy, Myers, and Huggie looked like they were skating in molasses. I understand managing games like this: you can't get up for all 82 games in a season; they were due for a letdown or trap game after that monster win on Saturday; the contest was practically over after the first; and Chicago was effectively icing a team of cast-offs, but still, blech. I'm glad Kuzzy seems to have his swagger back; he's worked his way back into Tocchet's good graces, and he's smiling again. His hard work on the forecheck was directly responsible for both goals. I love how the crowd showed their appreciation for him. The team doesn't need to trade away futures at the deadline; they just need Kuzzy to heat up to make L2 a scoring threat so that L1 sees less of everybody's best-checking five.

I was thinking while driving home from Costco this afternoon that L2 through L4 are now all built along the same plan: F3 defensively responsible center, F1 physical puck retriever, F2 playmaking, puckhandling winger who is also a threat to score. It's funny how that worked out, almost like Tocchet hockey.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan

9 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Well it was a win... but versus pretty much any other team and it would have been a loss.

Team went to sleep in the 3rd.

I'd be happier if tonight's W was against any of the league's top 10 teams. They scored early, twice, and weathered the other team's storm while their goalie shutting the door -- with that kind of storyline.

Except it was against the Bedardless Chicago who iced literally half-AHL squad. And they outplayed us for 2 periods with getting more high danger scoring chances.

Well whatever. 2 more games against bottom feeders this week and hopefully I'll be in a better mood afterwards.

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

The most important thing is the 2 points. It doesn’t matter if they let up. We were always in the lead and have been pretty much all year. Dem had a great game and so did a handful of other players. 

It would be interesting to see how long they've held the lead for the season.  Feels like it must be near a record.

• Cheers 1