[PGT] Blackhawks at Canucks

12 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Almost like he channeled Denis Savard there for a moment ... now there was one hell of a hockey player. I recall once a long time ago Dave Babych was being interviewed between periods and the interviewer asked what his goal was for the coming year and his reply was "to not make any Denis Savard highlight reels" ... classic

And to think, Montreal chose Wickenheiser instead. Ouch! 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

And to think, Montreal chose Wickenheiser instead. Ouch! 

Consolation prize was Denis Savard winning the Stanley Cup in 1992-1993 as a member of the Montreal Canadiens. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Consolation prize was Denis Savard winning the Stanley Cup in 1992-1993 as a member of the Montreal Canadiens. 

Fair enough. But... 

Just goes to show any GM can screw up on picks. It's not always guaranteed, like some seem to think. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Anytime Demko has a game like this, I want to send Calgary a thank you card for not drafting him way back when.

And hence why I feel the 2014 draft was still a success for us despite Virtanen and McCann. I wonder what Mason McDonald's up to nowadays...

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watching from the bench. 

Maybe back off the scotch just a tad and ignore the advice of my good friend Mark Twain who famously said "too much good whiskey is barely enough" ... LOL ... dude played 14 games in the playoffs and had 5 assists ... hard to do that from the bench. 

image.png.0cb24667dfee49fd9061268be20c0a94.png

Oh ya, 

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

Maybe back off the scotch just and ignore the advice of my good friend Mark Twain who famously said "too much good whiskey is barely enough" ... LOL ... dude played 14 games in the playoffs and had 5 assists ... hard to do that from the bench. 

image.png.0cb24667dfee49fd9061268be20c0a94.png

Was not in the lineup for the Cup winning game. Was on the bench in a suit and tie. Healthy scratched in the Final. image.jpeg.1bbd9e57d4ef1d547cdc994ee9e0e0d3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Plus, he scored on 4 shots. That's 25% shooting percentage. 

He definitely buried that amazing pass from Kuzmenko. 

On a side note, Juulsen played a rock-solid game. 

Except for one really bad giveaway, yep. Thought he would have suited up sooner, back on the road trip, but he stepped in pretty well for all the time off he had.

• ThereItIs 1

44 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

They have 9 ot loses, the only reason they're close.  

i think their single digit out right lost have something to do with it.. let's give them some credit where credit is due.. everyone on this forum was laughing at boston and think they are going to miss the playoff or be horrible after losing bergeron and krejci.. they haven't missed a beat

• Like 1