[PGT] Blackhawks at Canucks

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Just gonna leave this here..

2010-11 Canucks after game 47:

29-10-8 = 66 points

2023-24 Canucks after game 47:

32-11-4 = 68 points

Yup... on pace to be the greatest Canucks season ever.  

Let it sink in...

Yep, 11 more wins we'll hit 90 points 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

5700D287-158F-48D8-B082-03EA86AA685F.thumb.jpeg.93186203d0ef883914604706b8951d80.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

1 hour ago, drdeath said:

Thatcher Demko has more wins than 20 NHL teams 🤣

Just another day at the office for my boy!

Some nights it almost seems like our forward group just knows everything's gonna be okay with Demmer in net and so they dial it back a bit and play with less urgency than they could / should. Just so long as we get the W's and Snatcher doesn't feel like he's being left hanging, all's good. Let the big guns take a night off here and there so they can outscore the opposition on the odd nights when Demko isn't on fire.

I thought Chicago played a great game all things considered and didn't find it nearly as boring as many others here did. Great to see us getting goals from other lines than the usual suspects once again.

Really hoping we take down the Blues on Wednesday as I'm going to the game Saturday night and it would be sweet to be cheering on the continuation of a timely winning streak. Love how RT's assessment of this 5 game home stand is proving so fitting as we pass its halfway mark. 3 down, 2 to go!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Just looked it up. Calgary chose some goalie named Mason McDonald 2 picks before we selected Demko. 

Damn. We could have drafted Pastrnak instead of McCann or Virtanen. Bryaden Point was available too. 

The what ifs have been beating to dust on the old fourms and if we had drafted those guys, probably wouldn't have our core today, but it's all hindsight and who knows where we would of been if we did. 

But back to the PGT, let's gooo. was studying and watching and had to run to town for the third how was it?, thought it'd be a 7-1 game for us with there injurys and where they are in the standings. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

now that i look at the pic.. is it just me or is garland's body disproportionate? i know he's tiny.. but he looks kinda weird on tv.. and this picture is what i meant.. like his upper body from the waist up looks normal.. but his legs are really really short??

They don’t have kid sizes in jerseys so with a men’s jersey on his upper body looks bigger than it is. Same with his helmet. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

I think at this point you go and get a 2C who can elevate both Kuzmenko and Mikheyev. Suter's done a fine job in that role as a fill in but he's not a long term solution there. 

Is there a Russian centre we could go after?  I can only think of that dude in Washington but I think he is old and washed up. 

Oh I forgot about Malkin.  He plays for Pittsburgh. Hmmmm….

Edited by Elias Pettersson

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Just gonna leave this here..

2010-11 Canucks after game 47:

29-10-8 = 66 points

2023-24 Canucks after game 47:

32-11-4 = 68 points

Yup... on pace to be the greatest Canucks season ever.  

Let it sink in...

So lets find something to complain about... or a player to dump on...

Wish folks would just realise this is something special....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

You sure he's smiling?

Screenshot_20240123-104615.png

You're damn right I am... I was so pleased to see him smile ad play with a spring in his step... 

His future may be in Vancouver or it may be somewhere else, but glad to see his tough love from Tocchet hasn't broken him.

Tocchet may actually know, what he is doing.... who would have known...

He is definitely the joker in the pack, and you definitely could see, how much he is loved by his team mates.... 

All teams need a boy to lift the mood, and there is zero doubt banana and coke boy is one of those...

Go Kuz Go

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

It's a long season.

There's something to be said for conserving energy.

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Huggy is a beauty. So f*ckin' glad he's ours. 

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

Rest the stars and see how the depth does in more important situations 

example Kuzmenko out with the empty net

this is one thing I really like about Tocchets long term strategy 

4 hours ago, Strawbone said:

No shame in a close win vs a depleted Blackhawks team. The hawks played really hard, and it feels like it's a bit of a badge of honour for teams to beat the Canucks this year, so they bring their best efforts. The Canucks were coming off a really emotional win vs the Leafs on HNIC at home, one of the biggest regular season games every year, and follow up games are often tough.

But they got a win, and a shutout, Kuzy did Kuzy things while (mostly) sticking to Tocchet's systems so hopefully that's one storyline that can simmer down, and they are atop the league standings after 47 games and have been right about there all year. This is the happiest I've ever been as a Canucks fan. I'm getting older, and appreciate an amazing season like this more than ever because I know there's only so many shots at winning a Stanley Cup, which every die-hard Canucks fan wants to see before they die. Not to get too morbid... I should have another couple decades! Plenty of time for them to get 'er done. Might be this year, might not be, but any sort of entertaining and hard-fought playoff run will make this a fantastic season.

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

It was a highly emotional game vs the Leafs Saturday night. Team was drained. 

But they got a solid defensive practice game in against an injury plagued bottom feeder team. 

Can't go 100 mph every game. Teams conserve energy when they get the opportunity against easy competition.. it's a very long and grueling season. When you get the chance to win without exerting too much energy you do it...

Solid win. Demko got league leading 5th shut out of season. Happy with the results.. 

So........We were just toying with the Hawks?!?!!?? 

- Yea. We were emotionally and physically weary from playing the dreaded Leafs

- Had a so, so effort against the Hawks

- Lotto line wasn't the Lotto line

- Daks with the most minutes of all forwards last night. Really?!?!?!? Hmmmmm.........

- Our pseudo 3rd line of Suter, Kuz, Ilya be the drivers of offence............Wait a sec...........Huh?!??????? Am I in Bizzaro world???? An alternate universe????An acid trip???!?!??

Who cares. WE WIN MUTHA F*GGAHS!!!! AHHHH HA HA HA HAAAAAA!!!! (Evil laugh.)

You know. It was awesome seeing Kuz play the way he did. So happy to see that. You know. It's weird that DexM94 creates this:

and Kuz/Mik/Suter line are the glory boys of the night. Funny how that is, eh? Good move on RT to put 'em out last minute of the game for the open net. Or more so, a CLASSY move on RT's part to give 'em the nod. So happy to see, man!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Very realistic possibility they can go 5-0 on this homestand? wow, that's crazy.

This team has great chemistry, it's a team. Curious to see what Allvin and his team are going to bring in to add a boost, and I wonder if they're going to make a trade early, rather than wait until last minute. 

I will add to your comment by pointing out Corolla's play and demeanor. Beyond his lines key contribution Garland is the ultimate team player and culture builder. When Horvat was still here it was his practice to stand by the gate at the end of games and fist pump his teammates when they left the ice. Garland has taken that spot now and never fails to embrace Demko when he leaves the ice. 

Team building goes far beyond the stats. It is about building a family on the ice. A culture of playing for your team mates and worrying about their success above your own. IMHO Garland is a huge part of this culture change we see in the Canucks this year. We know the core has always been solid but now the whole lineup is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Good to see Kuzmenko with a couple of good assists and Suter score, good to see Demko have a tidy shutout and our defence and PK on fire. Not good to see the Lotto line stumped 5-on-5 for a few games in a row now.

I know we're talking about acquiring a 2C but the Lotto line will probably be broken up a lot over the rest of the season and the playoffs. Ideally we'd get a versatile center who can play wing, because when we split the Lotto line, that 2C can either play center to Petey (and he stays a winger for the rest of the year...forever?) or can play on Petey/Miller's wing. Most guys like Monahan/Jenner etc. are probably capable of that.

Anyway, very boring but tidy game, never looked like we'd lose it really, took our foot off the gas peddle and rightly so. Next game against St. Louis could be the same but hopefully we've got a bit of revenge on our minds because they're the last team to beat us. Tonight's ice-time was perfectly split so good to get an opportunity to do that any chance we get.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They don’t have kid sizes in jerseys so with a men’s jersey on his upper body looks bigger than it is. Same with his helmet. 

lol I dunno even Nathan Gerbe looked normal… or maybe garland is wearing jersey 2-3x too big like u said lol it just looks really weird and make him look even smaller than he already is