[PGT] Blackhawks at Canucks

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Also was Miller benched at one point? 

I saw Suter out on the PP on a couple of occasions? 

I thought Miller might be injured but then he came on after

The wife pointed it out early. She said every time Miller gets the puck he gives it away. I started to key in on Miller and I swear to God it was like 4 shifts in a row where he got the puck and turned it over and killed all momentum for the Lotto line.

Hopefully it was just an off game, but he was absolutely brutal.

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

The wife pointed it out early. She said every time Miller gets the puck he gives it away. I started to key in on Miller and I swear to God it was like 4 shifts in a row where he got the puck and turned it over and killed all momentum for the Lotto line.

Miller is likely sick. But most of the guys are still recovering from the recent 7 game in 10 days road trip. 

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

It wasn't his best offensive game but he did a lot of great d plays with extra efforts. Sometimes i think he and pettey need to not be on the pk but i know miller is our best faceoff guy.

For me boeser is regressing and time for a little shakeup as its a long season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

It wasn't a great game for any of the Lotto Line. Particularly Miller and Boeser. Happens, the season is long and can't always be your best. 

• ThereItIs 1

As much as we've thrown Kuzmenko in the trade proposals here and there, you've got to wonder what a big trade like that would do for this team chemistry and morale. We're top of the league right now, sure we could be better but look at Hughes' post-game interview. I think we'd have a better playoffs with a happy 40 point Kuzmenko in and out of the lineup than trading him and getting a 50-60 point center. He must be the most likeable guy in the locker-room.

If there's a way we can acquire a decent center, say even someone like Monahan, to play with Kuzmenko and maybe bring some more offence out of him then great but I doubt we make a trade without moving his 5.5M cap hit, but it's a dangerous game to play. TDL trades can make or break a playoff run and there's something to be said about the tight chemistry in our locker-room right now, and a lot of that comes from Kuzmenko.

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Even when he's "absolutely" brutal to those who watch for his mistakes....he also contributes. He was laying hits, he won more faceoffs than he lost and so yeah, he was a little off but still does things to help the team. He plays some hard minutes out there. Fights (remember him checking his hand after a recent fight). I think we can cut him a little slack. 

And that's why the Canucks record still looks good when he doesn't hit the scoreboard... he still does a lot of the little things to help the team win.  Miller is so multidimensional and I believe he is the engine of this team up front.

• Like 4

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

As much as we've thrown Kuzmenko in the trade proposals here and there, you've got to wonder what a big trade like that would do for this team chemistry and morale. We're top of the league right now, sure we could be better but look at Hughes' post-game interview. I think we'd have a better playoffs with a happy 40 point Kuzmenko in and out of the lineup than trading him and getting a 50-60 point center. He must be the most likeable guy in the locker-room.

If there's a way we can acquire a decent center, say even someone like Monahan, to play with Kuzmenko and maybe bring some more offence out of him then great but I doubt we make a trade without moving his 5.5M cap hit, but it's a dangerous game to play. TDL trades can make or break a playoff run and there's something to be said about the tight chemistry in our locker-room right now, and a lot of that comes from Kuzmenko.

That's how I feel.  Add to this incredible roster without taking away from it and we just get stronger.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's how I feel.  Add to this incredible roster without taking away from it and we just get stronger.

Gonna be hard unless we acquire someone like Monahan 50% retained (so basically 1M), or Lindholm 50% retained and give up Blueger or Suter and a 1st etc.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Gonna be hard unless we acquire someone like Monahan 50% retained (so basically 1M), or Lindholm 50% retained and give up Blueger or Suter and a 1st etc.

Bluger is a coming UFA and Suter has another year at a great cap allocation. Monnohands isn’t an upgrade on either. Lindholm would be. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I've got my eyes on Novak and Nashville.  If they fall out of the WC race by the TDL, he might be available.  $800k cap hit for a 50 to 60 point centre.

43 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It wasn't a great game for any of the Lotto Line. Particularly Miller and Boeser. Happens, the season is long and can't always be your best. 

I thought Petey still had a strong game

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bluger is a coming UFA and Suter has another year at a great cap allocation. Monnohands isn’t an upgrade on either. Lindholm would be. 

They can't afford Lindholm, caphit or term 

14 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Honestly, unless they can get a rental cheap, id prefer they just stand pat.  They've got a good team with great chemistry

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

They can't afford Lindholm, caphit or term 

They can for the rest of this season, if both Calgary and a 3rd team retain salary. It's rare but that kind of deal does happen.

An extension requires moving on from Garly and Myers in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They can for the rest of this season, if both Calgary and a 3rd team retain salary. It's rare but that kind of deal does happen.

An extension requires moving on from Garly and Myers in the offseason.

As a rental, yes.  But, I don't think that juice is worth the squeeze.  That deal would probably deplete the depth in the org significantly and big deadline deals rarely work out

• Like 1