PTSC: Game #48 STL @ VAN Jan 24 2024

Goalie29

23 hours ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Man, that photo of Rosaire Paiement tripping a guy brings back great memories of my youth. You kids wouldn't know it, but before hockey cards, there were Esso Power Players. With every fill-up, you'd get a book or two of 2"x3" player stamps that you'd stick in their slot in your Power Players book. I don't know how many years they did it, but I distinctly recall the 70/71 season and how excited I was when I got my hero, Orland Kurtenbach's, stamp. My dad would take me to hockey on Saturday mornings. I was 8, and I was playing in the city's Bantan league. After Hockey, we'd go to Esso so Dad could buy gas and get that week's stamps. All my friends collected them; we'd trade with each other. I wish I still had that book, but I'm sure it went in the trash on a move. That previous summer, Kurtenbach came to the hockey school I was attending. I was small for my age; he picked me up and carried me around the ice so I could feel the wind in my face. Ahhh, good memories. I wish we didn't have to get old. And yes, I have been a long-suffering Nux fan since the beginning.

Huh, I just Googled it and 70/71 was the only season, no wonder I have such fond memories of just one season.

4-1 Nux, Petey with the GWG after Tocchet said he needed more from the Lotto Line.

Remember them like it was yesterday. A really special time. I’d give my left arm to leaf through one of those collector books again. 

• Like 1