Hughes...

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I don't have any issues with Henrik.  I just think Quinn is showing he's the best since Linden. 

I think it's still early. He's only been captain since the start of the year. I think we need to give more time before we truly label him as "the best captain since Linden". We obviously should also not be discrediting Henrik.

Although, in the end, the idea of "best captain" is going to be so subjective it's really going to depend on who you ask anyway. lol

• Cheers 2

On 1/22/2024 at 11:55 PM, canuck73 said:

Are you kidding me?

What are we witnessing?

12 g 45a 57p +35 in 47 gp

That is a great result in a full year

And we have 35 games to go...

Hughes is on pace for 98 points +61

What a progression

What are we witnessing?

Dominating puck possesion

If we don't go all in now...

Now imagine someone sticks a knee out as he whips around them. His knee gets blown out and needs multiple surgeries. He misses an entire year and when he does come back his mobility is impared.

God forbid that happens, Quinn is most definitely the straw that stirs the Canucks drink. Without him we would be lucky to be in a wildcard spot.

13 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Now imagine someone sticks a knee out as he whips around them. His knee gets blown out and needs multiple surgeries. He misses an entire year and when he does come back his mobility is impared.

God forbid that happens, Quinn is most definitely the straw that stirs the Canucks drink. Without him we would be lucky to be in a wildcard spot.

Why would you say that?!  WHY?! 😲

On 1/23/2024 at 9:10 AM, Strawbone said:

He is the most important player this franchise has ever had. He absolutely drives play in a way that no other Canuck has.

Single player for sure. I’d say the twins at their prime drove play in an incredible way with their cycling and puck possession game.

1 hour ago, JoGuitar said:

Single player for sure. I’d say the twins at their prime drove play in an incredible way with their cycling and puck possession game.

Yup, good point. Now if you had to build a team around two players, would it be Hughes/Hronek or the Sedins? I suspect most people would say the Sedins, but if the Canucks win a cup with Hughes/Hronek as dominant contributors, I think it'd be hard to argue against them.

Hughes, in my opinion should be a lock for the Hart. If he goes down, we are not the team we see today. He controls so much of the game. 

I saw a stat that there were like 6 or 7 defencemen in the league with over 30 minutes of puck time in the offensive zone. None were in the 40’s. Quinn Hughes has over 54 minutes of puck on his stick in the offensive zone. 😳

• Thanks 1

Quinn still makes me dizzy.

We wanted a #1 defenceman, we have one. We wanted a Captain we have one.

Quinn is in a league of his own.

We are very fortunate to have such a great talent on our team.

No comparison in the league. Quinn has made this team noticed amoung the league.

I can say l am proud to have him as a Captain.

7 hours ago, LaBamba said:

He probably already is literally but will end up being the greatest player in franchise history. 

I think so too. We were also taking at work about how it's safe to say that we are watching one of the best defenceman to ever play the game.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, LaBamba said:

He probably already is literally but will end up being the greatest player in franchise history. 

I think so too. We were also taking at work about how it's safe to say that we are watching one of the best defenceman to ever play the game.

There was some nuts stat thrown around about control in the offensive zone, and how most defencemen sat at 30-40 minutes per 60 minutes played and Hughes was up in the mid 50's or something crazy. No one is as shifty as him or controls the puck as well and just makes space out of nothing. Makar is much more of a north-sound skater but Hughes moves in 4 dimensions on the ice.

I knew this would happen this off-season, the way he grew and turned into a leader was obvious, but you could see it in the last 10-20 games of last season by the way he was skating, I started to clock it. Not surprised at all, this transformation started at the end of last year.

• Cheers 1

On 1/23/2024 at 6:55 PM, canuck73 said:

Are you kidding me?

What are we witnessing?

12 g 45a 57p +35 in 47 gp

That is a great result in a full year

And we have 35 games to go...

Hughes is on pace for 98 points +61

What a progression

What are we witnessing?

Dominating puck possesion

If we don't go all in now...

This is what also scares me about this current Canuck team.  If Hughes goes down with injury, we are a middle of the road team.

We need someone like Chychrun to fill in on the top pair with Hronek just incase we lose Hughes to injury.

14 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

This is what also scares me about this current Canuck team.  If Hughes goes down with injury, we are a middle of the road team.

We need someone like Chychrun to fill in on the top pair with Hronek just incase we lose Hughes to injury.

That would make life harder for sure. I think we might be ok though the way we hunt pucks down... hard to afford players good enough to cover a number 1 dman