Canucks release first look at new metallic lids

Goalie29

1 minute ago, footsteps said:

I like the flat black helmets, and I'd prefer flat (darker?) blue ones. The shiny ones are too Cylon/Terminator/Tron - almost childish.

Totally agree.👍 

My guess:

(in the boardroom)

Aqua - Okay, another successful season with the retro black skate sweaters. We made a killing, again. But, Christmas is over and now it's time to bring back the blue orca uniforms full time. 

Lackey #1 - Fans won't like it, sir.

Aqua - You're damn rights they won't like it!, so we need something.....

Lackey #2 - How about a small change with the uniforms, like all the players wear white ska-

Aqua - Helmets!!  We'll change the helmets to something really cool. Let me see, who is cool. Hmmmm, who. is. cool. (thinking deeply)

Lackey #1 - Lots of celebrities in Los Angeles, sir.

Lackey #2 - And Vegas is a fun place? I've heard.

Aqua - That's it! Shiny helmets!, like Christmas balls on the tree!  Who doesn't love that?! We're so cool. 

I think they look dope. Not as stand-out-ish as the Kings and Knights. Watch when we score and the guys come together to celebrate and we'll see they look even better in a group. 

Of course, the new black skate jersey is our best jersey ever, and the matte black buckets are so sick to go with them.

• Like 1

I'll reserve full judgement until I see it on the ice but first looks are a hard pass. I really hate the shiny domes in LA and LV so I'm not about to change my opinion now just cause its my team, but who knows maybe it looks good on the ice.

First major L of the season. 

50 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think they look dope. Not as stand-out-ish as the Kings and Knights. Watch when we score and the guys come together to celebrate and we'll see they look even better in a group. 

Of course, the new black skate jersey is our best jersey ever, and the matte black buckets are so sick to go with them.

I think you mean they are one of the ugliest jerseys in the history of pro sports. Nostalgia aside, a plate of spaghetti on Halloween is not a good look.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I actually don’t hate them. They’re definitely not as cringey and flashy as the Kings and Knights.

I just don’t like that we’re copying other teams as a gimmick. We don’t need to do that.

Perfectly summed up here. My thoughts exactly. Better then I expected but it’s still a thumbs down for me 

Edited by Devron

Not a fan of the metallic lids, but at least they aren't as ugly as the Kings and VGK metallic lids. Those are atrocious. Meh, we complain now but we're not gonna care in a few weeks. I didn't care for the matte black lids either but now I just don't even register they're there.