Canucks release first look at new metallic lids

Goalie29

chrome is actually crap.. they should have gone with matte instead.. like the matte black they use with the skate jersey.. it looks clean and slick.. matte blue woulda been nice over those shiny plastic ones they use now or this chrome color

22 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

I think you mean they are one of the ugliest jerseys in the history of pro sports. Nostalgia aside, a plate of spaghetti on Halloween is not a good look.

Nope. They're the best jerseys we've ever had. Ask the players what they think. Keep in mind the new material and design elements that are much different than previous black skate jerseys. We also have HD tv these days, so they pop now compared to the olden days. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Nope. They're the best jerseys we've ever had. Ask the players what they think. Keep in mind the new material and design elements that are much different than previous black skate jerseys. We also have HD tv these days, so they pop now compared to the olden days. 

Orange and yellow is a gross color combo. There's a reason why no one uses it other than at Halloween. 

The current Royal Blue is gorgeous.

Edited by madrigal77
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, madrigal77 said:

Orange and yellow is a gross color combo. There's a reason why no one uses it other than at Halloween. 

Well, they're certainly part of Canucks history and not going anywhere, but I can agree to disagree with you. I think they look badass, and growing up watching Butcher, Gino, Bure, Linden, Ronning, Maclean, etc., they sure make me feel like the rough and tumble high-scoring Canucks hockey style is back in town, and the new design looks better than ever.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

The current Royal Blue is gorgeous.

It can even mess up a Porsche 

5bb546e14ef54_porsche_911_carrera_1537309424d2c272ff9d367P_20180918_100738.webp

• Haha 1

Just now, Cold said:

Oooh!

Now that’s pretty phenomenal one up manship!

I wonder what Vegas would do in response?

Probably put spinning roulette wheel holograms on their lids, or one-armed bandit screen holograms - with the wheels still spinning until someone scores.

• Haha 1

I will wait and see what they look like in game action in 4k, but it is really meh to

me.  I don’t hate them, but don’t think they are better than the regular helmets.

When I saw the flat black helmets in 4k they immediately got my love.  That whole uni looks really good and makes the blue ones seem boring.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Almost EA Sports video game like look. 

I don't mind them... Might make the orca jersey pop more.... As it seems, since the new rendition of the skate with the matte helmet... The old orca has been left in the dust!  Maybe bringing a little pop to overall look, might help level up the orca jersey?  Regardless, the blue lids are way less loud in comparison to the Kings and Knights.... Maybe not even tacky?

should have a LED light installed on the top that is linked to the goal light... score a goal and the whole teams helmets go off flashing red.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1