Canucks release first look at new metallic lids

Goalie29

35 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

should have a LED light installed on the top that is linked to the goal light... score a goal and the whole teams helmets go off flashing red.

I like it. They could up the ante and put on some clown noses too.

Petey and Hogs could do a unicycle show between periods. It would be so great

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I gotta say they look like shit on the Kings and the Knights, whoever came up with this idea needs to keep there design ideas to the Vegas strip. The retro kit with the matte black buckets look amazing, I would prefer they held fast on that idea and went with a matte blue over chrome dome C-3PO puke worthy buckets 🤢🤮

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VanIsleCanucklehead said:

Well I gotta say they look like shit on the Kings and the Knights, whoever came up with this idea needs to keep there design ideas to the Vegas strip. The retro kit with the matte black buckets look amazing, I would prefer they held fast on that idea and went with a matte blue over chrome dome C-3PO puke worthy buckets 🤢🤮

To be FAIR.... if they win every fucking game with the shiny things on their heads, I am ok with the shiny things on their heads.

After ten or 20 wins on 0 losses, I want matching skates for everyone.

Edited by Tusk

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

To be FAIR.... if they win every fucking game with the shiny things on their heads, I am ok with the shiny things on their heads.

I’ll definitely retract my comments if they win every game with these lids but if you look up the players quotes they sure don’t seemed to stoked on these. One word answers from players like Miller “shiny” “we wear whatever we’re told to wear” they sure don’t seemed to pumped 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VanIsleCanucklehead said:

I’ll definitely retract my comments if they win every game with these lids but if you look up the players quotes they sure don’t seemed to stoked on these. One word answers from players like Miller “shiny” “we wear whatever we’re told to wear” they sure don’t seemed to pumped 

What would you say? that you feel smarter or faster because of your lid? 

No, the answers are just honest, not "reluctant" or whatever.

I bet half the guys are sleeping with it on tonight ha ha ha, thier wives or girlfriends demanded it.

Edited by Tusk

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

What would you say? that you feel smarter or faster because of your lid? 

No, the answers are just honest, not "reluctant" or whatever.

I bet half the guys are sleeping with it on tonight ha ha ha, thier wives or girlfriends demanded it.

Well I gotta say the matte black lids had a completely different team response, now we have what appears to be the exact opposite. Mind you there’s not a ton a material to reference from. We definitely don’t need to try and copy such a hideous idea/design when we originated such deadly one in the matte lids.

The reaction from team members was a bit more muted.

“Shiny,” said J.T. Miller, keeping his response brief when asked to share his thoughts. “We wear what we’re told to wear.”

The head coach had a similarly short response.

“I’m not a designer, man,” said Rick Tocchet when asked about the team’s new fashion statement.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VanIsleCanucklehead said:

Well I gotta say the matte black lids had a completely different team response, now we have what appears to be the exact opposite. Mind you there’s not a ton a material to reference from. We definitely don’t need to try and copy such a hideous idea/design when we originated such deadly one in the matte lids.

“Shiny,” said J.T. Miller, keeping his response brief when asked to share his thoughts. “We wear what we’re told to wear.”

“I’m not a designer, man,” said Rick Tocchet when asked about the team’s new fashion statement.

I totally love the Matte black. We are the only ones who have a Matte finish lid.

But every girl hates the Matte. 

I bet they love the shiny sparkly stuff, maybe if you cant have glitter you just want a Maserati or something.

Not really a fan of these chrome domes. It's a hockey helmet, not a fashion accessory.

Hate Vegas' so this is at least one step up. I just don't really care for them. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I totally love the Matte black. We are the only ones who have a Matte finish lid.

But every girl hates the Matte. 

I bet they love the shiny sparkly stuff, maybe if you cant have glitter you just want a Maserati or something.

I love the matte black.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brilac said:

I love these helmets!

I am so excited about this! 💙💙💙

I am visualizing which uniform to wear them with! 

Can I please quote you on this? Do you prefer the shiny things or the Matte black?

12 minutes ago, VanIsleCanucklehead said:

1 hour ago, tas said:

i don't have a strong opinion either way, but if it helps the players feel more engaged the way that the black unis for whatever reason seem to, have at 'er. 

so much for that theory. 

Just now, Tusk said:

Ok I guess I am wrong. I guess some women have good taste, and can appreciate the stuff under the hood

the irony is that matte paint is inherently form over function, since it's substantially less durable than a gloss finish. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

the irony is that matte paint is inherently form over function, since it's substantially less durable than a gloss finish. 

yeah so you see the battle scars. Matte is awesome. and rubs off on the shiny shit. So make some marks.

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

yeah so you see the battle scars. Matte is awesome. and rubs off on the shiny shit. So make some marks.

whatever blows your skirt up man. 

personally, i want my expensive protective coating to do its job, but I'm not really wired for vanity.