Canucks release first look at new metallic lids

Goalie29

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I actually don’t hate them. They’re definitely not as cringey and flashy as the Kings and Knights.

I just don’t like that we’re copying other teams as a gimmick. We don’t need to do that.

Lol yeah kinda funny how that works... "You know something? I know I said metalic buckets are for sissys but...

these things idk.... in the canucks blue???? Yeah its growing on me...." LOL 

I sat and looked at them for a few mins I hated at first then was completely mezmerized by the shiny pretty colors lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

when i read the title, i was about to palm face and shake my head, but actually not terrible or super outlandish but still not a fan of shiny helmets, that vaxjo/league gold helmets are fun but in the nhl just looks ridiculous, at least it aint the kings or knights helmets god those are ugly. this is just my opinion, not a fan of em, imagine mirror sunglass visors.

Apparently they're to be auctioned off for charity.

In all honesty - why would I want to pay for a sweaty lid covered in spit, zit juice, and lice, even if the money I spend buying it is going to charity?  How about I pay the charity directly and you can toss the helmet in the cleaning bin.  Maybe it'll help shine it a bit better.  :classic_rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Apparently they're to be auctioned off for charity.

As mentioned by 6of1_halfdozenofother, Canucks X (Twitter) has confirmed these will be worn twice this season (minimum à la the extra games in the Skate Jerseys - not that I am complaining haha!) 

CFKF will be the beneficiaries of the auction results. A unique piece for game-worn jersey and equipment collectors. I am a fan of them being a limited worn helmet, rather than routinely like our Pacific Division foes.  

• Upvote 1