[Report] Hart granted indefinite leave of absence from Flyers

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-grant-goaltender-carter-hart-indefinite-leave-of-absence-1.2066664

The Philadelphia Flyers announced Tuesday that goaltender Carter Hart has been granted an indefinite leave of absence.

"Carter Hart has requested and been granted an indefinite leave of absence citing personal reasons," general manager Daniel Briere said in a statement. "The club will have no further comment at this time." 

Man, hope it's nothing too serious.  Philly has been great this year too.  Will be a huge blow to their success.

Edited by HKSR

• HKSR changed the title to [Report] Hart granted indefinite leave of absence from Flyers
4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nothing concrete yet but....

I'd say 1 more "indefinite leave of absence" will make it obvious. 

Imagine if it includes Cale Makar.... 😮

Just now, aGENT said:

I'd imagine my "mental health" would probably be shaky if I was under investigation for sexual assault...

If they try to hide it with the guise of that, though, it's not a good look when things come out. But this is hockey and the NHL, so par for the course, I guess.

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, aGENT said:

I'd imagine my "mental health" would probably be shaky if I was under investigation for sexual assault...

Was exactly what I was gonna reply.  I think it's pretty coincidental to see Hart and Dube taking indefinite leaves this close together.  Like I said, if 1 more player comes along with an indefinite leave, we know what's up.

• ThereItIs 2

30 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Friday's usually the day for bad news. I'd imagine that's when we hear something, if we're going to hear something and this isn't just coincidence.

I just want it to be figured out already, either it’s a sexual assault case or a slander case as long as it’s resolved soon it’s gone on too long…. Then there contracts can be terminated and edm can sign them at league minimum right? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I just want it to be figured out already, either it’s a sexual assault case or a slander case as long as it’s resolved soon it’s gone on too long…. Then there contracts can be terminated and edm can sign them at league minimum right? 

It doesn't sound like a slander case. I hadn't really been following this too closely (waiting for all the investigations and evidence to be weighed) but this article sure makes it sound like they have hard evidence of some incredibly deplorable behaviour. Whether criminal charges are confirmed, and for how many of the individuals involved, we'll have to wait and see.

Warrants sought in alleged sex assault involving world jr. players | CTV News

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

It doesn't sound like a slander case. I hadn't really been following this too closely (waiting for all the investigations and evidence to be weighed) but this article sure makes it sound like they have hard evidence of some incredibly deplorable behaviour. Whether criminal charges are confirmed, and for how many of the individuals involved, we'll have to wait and see.

It’s so hard to get none bias information off the web anymore, I just remember about a year ago reading an article about the defence throwing slander out there as the girl is going after a massive lump sum of money, we seen slander victims recently with Ian Cole and evander Kane so gotta keep a mutual opinion until learning more details, I try not to speculate from the c-18 sources I just want them to make there decision already! 

20 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

5th estate has a good doc on it.  Apparently there is video/pix and text messages of that night.  It ain't looking good for those involved, and if everything is true, I ain't sorry for them one bit.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

It’s so hard to get none bias information off the web anymore, I just remember about a year ago reading an article about the defence throwing slander out there as the girl is going after a massive lump sum of money, we seen slander victims recently with Ian Cole and evander Kane so gotta keep a mutual opinion until learning more details, I try not to speculate from the c-18 sources I just want them to make there decision already! 

I agree, but the police themselves said they had evidence of crimes. Beyond that, I'm not speculating. It sure has taken a long time though.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

5th estate has a good doc on it.  Apparently there is video/pix and text messages of that night.  It ain't looking good for those involved, and if everything is true, I ain't sorry for them one bit.

My wife had a hockey playing boyfriend in high school, and she was around the players sometimes. She said the way they talked about women was disgusting, so if these charges are true, I won't be the least bit surprised, and there should be serious consequences.

• Vintage 1

5 years from the time this happened, the investigation was basically halted, and no charges.

Now supposedly there is evidence- if so where was it, when the decision for no charges was first made?

Going to need an investigation-into this investigation.

Lots of questions that need answers.

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

If they try to hide it with the guise of that, though, it's not a good look when things come out. But this is hockey and the NHL, so par for the course, I guess.

Not going to be a good look either way. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

5 years from the time this happened, the investigation was basically halted, and no charges.

Now supposedly there is evidence- if so where was it, when the decision for no charges was first made?

Going to need an investigation-into this investigation.

Lots of questions that need answers.

My guess NHL will drag this out untill gullty players are retired. NHL is so bush. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Makar has clearly stated he was not there that night and not involved at all.

Lol... 

Judge: "oh OK, welp, that's a wrap then.  Nothing else to talk about here."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

My wife had a hockey playing boyfriend in high school, and she was around the players sometimes. She said the way they talked about women was disgusting, so if these charges are true, I won't be the least bit surprised, and there should be serious consequences.

Agreed.  Make an example out of these guys and bring down the hammer.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Bettman:  $2500 fines for all!  That ought to do it.  Carry on boys!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1