[Report] Hart granted indefinite leave of absence from Flyers

Hate to say it but with the Blackhawks getting last year's 1st not taking it away was surprised Ottawa's was taken.

So as for the players seems anything of this nature they do nothing but might make a stupid statement like "we'll let the police take care of it"

Bettman really needs to be replaced if he doesn't do an interview within a day.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Hate to say it but with the Blackhawks getting last year's 1st not taking it away was surprised Ottawa's was taken.

So as for the players seems anything of this nature they do nothing but might make a stupid statement like "we'll let the police take care of it"

Bettman really needs to be replaced if he doesn't do an interview within a day.

That was a BS move by the league.  Vegas tried to trade Dadonov’s cap for Kesler who was expected to remain on LTIR.  Nothing shady about that right? 🤔

after the league nixed that deal, they traded him to Montreal for Shea Weber who also was not expected to play again.  This league is so F%cking corrupt.

5 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Yes and here it isn't innocent until proven guilty, that's the USA.

Here you have to prove your innocence.

USA and Canada, as long as you are a Canadian citizen your are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

15 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

USA and Canada, as long as you are a Canadian citizen your are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Not in duh court of public opinion, you ain't.  In duh court of public opinion, you're guaranteed guilty until proven innocent, and even then that might not be enough to save your reputation.  :classic_rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

It's close to the same but our law is worded differently.

So no not the same.

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

It's close to the same but our law is worded differently.

So no not the same.

Oops got that backwards here yes innocent till proven guilty, USA you are presumed Innocent. Sorry looked it up and there even innocent is not the same until after it's been ruled on in court.

I knew one was different.

58 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Except for civil court, which is based on a balance of probabilities.  This is why we often see lawsuits instead of criminal charges.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:38 PM, Captain insano said:

“The statement of claim said that after the sexual assault ended, the players filmed the young woman, instructed her to say she was sober and told her to shower.

The statement of claim also alleges the players pressured the young woman not to report the allegations or co-operate with a police investigation.”

“8” which apperantly now turned to 5 players to all be doing the things she’s claiming and her ultimate goal is for over 3 million why you making this about money? really makes me question her which I hate to do, then there is the what if this actually happened factor, it’s not an easy case that’s for sure. As a victim of slander in the past I always question it now. Nobody knows these guys or the girl personally and the info out there is very vague, if there is careers ruined I really hope there is hard evidence that backs it up ! 

Do you really think, there won't be "hard evidence".     It was rape.   I'm sure it's not about "fame and glory" by the victim, who was paid a ton of money to not say anything.   Rape is not ok.  Cops won't be charging, unless it's a slam dunk, de-famation.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1