[Report] Hart granted indefinite leave of absence from Flyers

14 minutes ago, Gurn said:

5 years from the time this happened, the investigation was basically halted, and no charges.

Now supposedly there is evidence- if so where was it, when the decision for no charges was first made?

Going to need an investigation-into this investigation.

Lots of questions that need answers.

“The statement of claim said that after the sexual assault ended, the players filmed the young woman, instructed her to say she was sober and told her to shower.

The statement of claim also alleges the players pressured the young woman not to report the allegations or co-operate with a police investigation.”

“8” which apperantly now turned to 5 players to all be doing the things she’s claiming and her ultimate goal is for over 3 million why you making this about money? really makes me question her which I hate to do, then there is the what if this actually happened factor, it’s not an easy case that’s for sure. As a victim of slander in the past I always question it now. Nobody knows these guys or the girl personally and the info out there is very vague, if there is careers ruined I really hope there is hard evidence that backs it up ! 

• Upvote 1

Just some food for thought.

I recognise i use some strong words that might be upsetting to some readers. Reader discretion advised.

This is probably really challenging for investigators to sort through.

From what I am putting together from a number of different articles over the last 12 months is that there is text and video evidence that detail the assault, BUT that some of the video evidence includes the perpetrator asking for or getting some kind of consent from the victim.

But then it's well documented the victim was highly intoxicated, so the argument of whether someone can give consent when drunk.

I mean you can't drive a car drunk, so can you agree to a "gang rape" (words used in many articles, not my words)

So, obviously I wasn't there and I have no information of my own, but I'm sure folks can understand that to prove a criminal element is very difficult.

Even though we can all agree that something really bad happened to someone it shouldn't have, and that's really sad.

Hope the victim is getting all the help they need. Hope the perpetrators get all the help they need too. (After owning up to their actions)

Just bad news all around with multiple lives effected.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lol... 

Judge: "oh OK, welp, that's a wrap then.  Nothing else to talk about here."

Well it would look pretty bad if he completely lied in his public statement.

I'm pretty sure it was checked out and confirmed he wasn't there. 

So not sure what you're trying to do here.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I'd say 1 more "indefinite leave of absence" will make it obvious. 

Imagine if it includes Cale Makar.... 😮

Makar was a college player who wasn’t attending the event where the gang rape happened. He wasn’t there, so he’s not part of this terrible thing. 
But clearly the clubs and players have been informed of a coming nhl investigation result. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well it would look pretty bad if he completely lied in his public statement.

I'm pretty sure it was checked out and confirmed he wasn't there. 

So not sure what you're trying to do here.

Pretty sure people will say whatever they need to say if they're accused of something criminal and they're guilty.  Until this is completely resolved and in the public, every player on that team is a suspect IMO.

48 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

This is probably really challenging for investigators to sort through.

From what I am putting together from a number of different articles over the last 12 months is that there is text and video evidence that detail the assault, BUT that some of the video evidence includes the perpetrator asking for or getting some kind of consent from the victim.

But then it's well documented the victim was highly intoxicated, so the argument of whether someone can give consent when drunk.

I mean you can't drive a car drunk, so can you agree to a "gang rape" (words used in many articles, not my words)

I don't like this point because you CAN drive a car drunk, and are still held responsible for that decision. I think this situation would have more to do with coercion.

At this point everything is just speculation. Hopefully the truth comes to light.

Edited by ManbeastMARK
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Pretty sure you're trying to push a narrative and I can't really understand why. It's been documented Makar wasn't at the event, wasn't at the bar, and wasn't at the hotel.

So you're more of a guilty despite being proven innocent kind of guy? World doesn't need more of those.

I'm not pushing any narrative.  Facts are that there were several guys on that team that were involved.  NOBODY has been fully declared innocent.  So I don't see any issue with being skeptical about any of the players.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  Makar is just one of many.  He just happens to be the most high profile.  That's all.  Nothing more to it.

As @Fen1010 posted above, this is straight from the article, and interesting that 2 of those individuals are now on an indefinite leave.  Again, this might all just be a coincidence, but if it's not, then I don't see any reason why we can't be as skeptical of Makar as any of the others.

"The following players have come out either via personal statement or with their agency to say that they were not involved with the allegations: Jake Bean, Kale Clague, Max Comtois, Dillon Dube, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Carter Hart, Brett Howden, Cale Makar, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen Robert Thomas and Conor Timmins."

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I'm not pushing any narrative.  Facts are that there were several guys on that team that were involved.  NOBODY has been fully declared innocent.  So I don't see any issue with being skeptical about any of the players.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  Makar is just one of many.  He just happens to be the most high profile.  That's all.  Nothing more to it.

As @Fen1010 posted above, this is straight from the article, and interesting that 2 of those individuals are now on an indefinite leave.  Again, this might all just be a coincidence, but if it's not, then I don't see any reason why we can't be as skeptical of Makar as any of the others.

"The following players have come out either via personal statement or with their agency to say that they were not involved with the allegations: Jake Bean, Kale Clague, Max Comtois, Dillon Dube, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Carter Hart, Brett Howden, Cale Makar, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen Robert Thomas and Conor Timmins."

You're acting like an idiot. You're right no one knows exactly what happened that night, but Makar came out and said he wasn't even at the event, and it's documented that he's away playing college hockey.

Also, if you actually looked at Hart's statement vs Makars, instead of reading 1 article, Hart only says he can't comment and is cooperating. Doesn't say he wasn't involved.

There are 5 or 6 players involved. Which means 15 players are innocent. Yet in your mind they are all guilty right now? That's just stupid.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

You're acting like an idiot. You're right no one knows exactly what happened that night, but Makar came out and said he wasn't even at the event, and it's documented that he's away playing college hockey.

Also, if you actually looked at Hart's statement vs Makars, instead of reading 1 article, Hart only says he can't comment and is cooperating. Doesn't say he wasn't involved.

There are 5 or 6 players involved. Which means 15 players are innocent. Yet in your mind they are all guilty right now? That's just stupid.

This is true, the police are investigating 5 players; all of them are known by name.  With the young

woman's statement, they also have videos and text images of the crime.  It's been trimmed down

from 8, suggesting they may have more statements from the other 3.

Hockey Canada is a disgrace. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd say 1 more "indefinite leave of absence" will make it obvious. 

Imagine if it includes Cale Makar.... 😮

Cale was actually confirmed with evidence away from the team at that tourney. He's safe.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

It’s one thing to have not been part of the alleged event, but I wonder if Hockey Canada/NHL is going to penalize/suspend those who might have simply known about it and never brought it to anyone’s attention. This was a team of teenagers …I have no doubt word got around about what transpired, even if just gossip. 
Should have still been immediately investigated.

Question is against who and how far reaching will the punishments be if this proven. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Makar has clearly stated he was not there that night and not involved at all.

That’s not entirely true. He never said he wasn’t at the event. This is his statement:

Cale Makar

"I was not involved in any way. I was totally unaware of the allegations until I — along with the rest of the team — was contacted by investigators in the weeks following the event in London. I met in person with the investigators in the summer of 2018 and answered all their questions. I did not know any of the details until I saw the article this week," Makar said in a statement provided to CBC. 

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6597503

So he never actually said he wasn’t there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

The Hockey Canada Gala was on June 18. Makar wasn’t playing college hockey in June. And his official statement never said he wasn’t at the gala. 

• Vintage 1

To quote a wise man..

"The Hunters have become the hunted! The Fox becomes... The Fox.. That is catching himself"

Alex Formenton
Dillon Dube
Carter Hart

THREE down with a few more names off that 2018 Canadian World Juniors Team to go! I sincerely hope they never get to grace NHL ice again. Not even if there is a fire!

Go play in Russia with that Pedophile Reid Boucher or in Germany with Date Rapist Jake! 

Those World Junior players involved literally could've had almost any girl they wanted that night with a touch of charm. These dudes were top hockey prospects.. Fuck, they couldve been Milf-ing it up all night.. It wouldnt have been that difficult..

Instead they each decided they needed assistance from 5+ other dudes to drug a girl and have their way with her.

Zero sympathy. Losing their NHL careers is so small in comparison to their crime. Criminal charges should've been filed. 

I look forward to the other  "Leave of Absence" any way now!

Fucking losers!

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

My God, the trash talk tomorrow against the blues.  Thomas better thank his lucky stars burr and Kes aren't on the ice 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Hey no need for personal attacks here.  It is simply my observation against yours.  @Elias Pettersson posted more details about Makar.  Like I said, nobody has been cleared yet.  So until then, it's fair game to suspect any of them.

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

5 years from the time this happened, the investigation was basically halted, and no charges.

Now supposedly there is evidence- if so where was it, when the decision for no charges was first made?

Going to need an investigation-into this investigation.

Lots of questions that need answers.

That is all for a judge, which, far as I know none of us are, but yikes for what happens when this finally gets to court. I wonder how many people would be in the cover up scandal to follow the allegations scandal?

• Cheers 1