[Report] Hart granted indefinite leave of absence from Flyers

I think for the most part the statements speak for themselves.

There is a clear delineation in each statement which paints a fairly clear picture just to how involved each player was. The ones that I trust the most are the ones where the players clearly state they had absolutely no involvement in the alledged incident because either they were in their room sleeping or they were no longer in town.

E.M. described sex acts she felt coerced into performing, and said the players laughed and joked at her expense. She said they slapped her buttocks so hard it hurt.

That is kind of the point of slapping an ass during sex. But you know...they have to be willing and consensual. Certainly one of those cases where I'd really like the full information before judging it either way. Sadly all that coming into the public awareness isn't fair to victims in my opinion but in high profile cases like this it certainly does come out to one degree or another. 

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hey no need for personal attacks here.  It is simply my observation against yours.  @Elias Pettersson posted more details about Makar.  Like I said, nobody has been cleared yet.  So until then, it's fair game to suspect any of them.

I don't feel like finding it at this time of night, but I'm almost positive it was reported early on that none of the college players were at the Gala event which would clear all of them. So yes, Makar was cleared by not being in the city. It also cleared Dante Fabbro.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Strawbone said:

I agree, but the police themselves said they had evidence of crimes. Beyond that, I'm not speculating. It sure has taken a long time though.

havent really been following this but isnt surprising, but doesnt court cases and lawyers ect usually take a while?, didnt virtanens case take quite a while?

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

I don't feel like finding it at this time of night, but I'm almost positive it was reported early on that none of the college players were at the Gala event which would clear all of them. So yes, Makar was cleared by not being in the city. It also cleared Dante Fabbro.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/8935781/hockey-canada-alleged-sex-assault-probe-player-responses/amp/

According to this article 19 of the 22 players were at the event. Fabbro and Makar were both there but both deny any participation. As far as this article reads, Kale Clague and Victor mete were 2 of the 3 players that didn't attend.

Screenshot_20240124_033259_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240124_033628_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 1

The list of players denying involvement and providing alibis:

Kale Clague, Jordan Kyrou, Cale Makar, Victor Mete, Robert Thomas.

The list of players denying involvement without alibis:

Maxime Comtois, Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Brett Howden, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen, Connor Timmins, Jake Bean.

The list of players who release statements, but did not deny involvement:

Boris Katchouk, Michael McLeod, Drake Batherson.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hey no need for personal attacks here.  It is simply my observation against yours.  @Elias Pettersson posted more details about Makar.  Like I said, nobody has been cleared yet.  So until then, it's fair game to suspect any of them.

See this right here is what gets me,

You don't listen or do your own real research on the available facts of that night, and instead say that Makar is involved without any regard for what that can do to an innocent person.... but you get hurt when I call say your sounding like an idiot?

The hypocrisy dude. Think about what you say before you say it. If you don't like it when people call you a name... then maybe don't go around saying accusatory things against innocent people. 

Edited by JayDangles
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

See this right here is what gets me,

You don't listen or do your own real research on the available facts of that night, and instead say that Makar is involved without any regard for what that can do to an innocent person.... but you get hurt when I call say your sounding like an idiot?

The hypocrisy dude. Think about what you say before you say it. If you don't like it when people call you a name... then maybe don't go around saying accusatory things against innocent people. 

You need to know the difference between someone being a suspect and someone being guilty.  Once you figure that out, you'll realize everything I've been saying is completely fair.

1 hour ago, mmkk said:

The list of players denying involvement and providing alibis:

Kale Clague, Jordan Kyrou, Cale Makar, Victor Mete, Robert Thomas.

The list of players denying involvement without alibis:

Maxime Comtois, Dillon Dube, Carter Hart, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Brett Howden, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen, Connor Timmins, Jake Bean.

The list of players who release statements, but did not deny involvement:

Boris Katchouk, Michael McLeod, Drake Batherson.

Where did you get this data from?

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

I really like Gadjovich he seems like a really great team mate. I really hope he's not involved in any way. 

Has he taken a leave from his club? IMHAO the five players were informed they were going to be charged and two took leaves. The other three might not be in the national league. 

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Has he taken a leave from his club? IMHAO the five players were informed they were going to be charged and two took leaves. The other three might not be in the national league. 

Gadjovich played 8:36 for Florida a couple nights ago

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Very much so. Maybe the other two perpetrators take leaves today? Or maybe they’re not in pro hockey? 

Hard to say, only a few have alibis and I'm not gonna pretend I know who has or hasn't done what when considering the rest

23 minutes ago, Marty_Blopper said:

Dillon Dube - Requested Leave - Mental Health (Cal NHL)

Carter Hart - Request Leave (Phi NHL)

Alex Formenton - Request Leave (Swiss)

Michael McLeod - Request Leave (NJD NHL)

Cal Foote - Request Leave (NJD NHL)

that’s the most recent 5

I guess that’s why only one Foote on the team?