[Report] Hart granted indefinite leave of absence from Flyers

1 hour ago, Marty_Blopper said:

Dillon Dube - Requested Leave - Mental Health (Cal NHL)

Carter Hart - Request Leave (Phi NHL)

Alex Formenton - Request Leave (Swiss)

Michael McLeod - Request Leave (NJD NHL)

Cal Foote - Request Leave (NJD NHL)

that’s the most recent 5

This very much looks to be the 5. Matches that all were CHL players as last year we heard there were potentially 8 guys that were all CHL players that were involved (so it surprises me someone is throwing Makar's name around). All 5 with mysterious leaves (interesting that Dube was labelled as mental health and a couple days earlier). No NHL team was touching Formenton with a 10 foot pole once things starting coming out. While this seems to be the 5, we should be responsible and avoid slander until names are officially dropped. 

Will be interesting to see what happens. If they are guilty as it appears they are, then I hope the book gets thrown at them. We need to clean up the behaviour, I want sports to be a place I can be proud to have my sons be part of. Hopefully prison time and blackballed from the league will be handed down to anyone found guilty of the alleged crime.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

This very much looks to be the 5. Matches that all were CHL players as last year we heard there were potentially 8 guys that were all CHL players that were involved (so it surprises me someone is throwing Makar's name around). All 5 with mysterious leaves (interesting that Dube was labelled as mental health and a couple days earlier). No NHL team was touching Formenton with a 10 foot pole once things starting coming out. While this seems to be the 5, we should be responsible and avoid slander until names are officially dropped. 

Will be interesting to see what happens. If they are guilty as it appears they are, then I hope the book gets thrown at them. We need to clean up the behaviour, I want sports to be a place I can be proud to have my sons be part of. Hopefully prison time and blackballed from the league will be handed down to anyone found guilty of the alleged crime.

That’s the real question, what is the league going to do. I don’t see how you could let these (potential) sex offenders back in… but hey Craig MacTavish killed someone drunk driving, even signing a new deal while in prison (classic Edmonton).

Let’s hope the NHL cleans up their tune 🤞!

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Marty_Blopper said:

That’s the real question, what is the league going to do. I don’t see how you could let these (potential) sex offenders back in… but hey Craig MacTavish killed someone drunk driving, even signing a new deal while in prison (classic Edmonton).

Let’s hope the NHL cleans up their tune 🤞!

I do think that some of the responsibility will be on fans to demand the league takes action. If it was Demko instead of Hart, it would be really easy as Canuck fans to try and sweep it under the rug so we don't lose the star goalie for the franchise. It makes it easier for the organization to do the same. Obviously no Canucks are part of this scandal so its easy for us to say it, and the scandal we did have involving Virtanen, he was on his last straw with the organization and fan base anyway where it was easy for us to force him out, but when it does come for an impact player of ours we need to hold firm and pressure the organization and league to take appropriate action. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

I do think that some of the responsibility will be on fans to demand the league takes action. If it was Demko instead of Hart, it would be really easy as Canuck fans to try and sweep it under the rug so we don't lose the star goalie for the franchise. It makes it easier for the organization to do the same. Obviously no Canucks are part of this scandal so its easy for us to say it, and the scandal we did have involving Virtanen, he was on his last straw with the organization and fan base anyway where it was easy for us to force him out, but when it does come for an impact player of ours we need to hold firm and pressure the organization and league to take appropriate action. 

What do we know about any detail of this incident. Easy to say hang'em high. I will wait to see what comes out. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

What do we know about any detail of this incident. Easy to say hang'em high. I will wait to see what comes out. 

Agreed, if you look at my first post above I was clear to say the same thing.

1 hour ago, Tower102 said:

My second post was regarding when someone is found guilty, or an investigation needs to happen to see if they are guilty but pressure leads it to being swept away or hidden.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

So many people on this forum defending sexual predators! 😂😂  WHY?!

I don't believe anyone on here is defending any sexual predators, it's the presumption of guilt people are arguing against imo, I haven't read any post on here saying" so what if Carter Hart/others did this theyre great hockey players" THAT would be defending, I think we need to wait and let it play out in the courtroom and not form a basis off something someone said from Twitter/socials/sports articals >_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

So many people on this forum defending sexual predators! 😂😂  WHY?!

People aren't doing that!

You and a lot of society seem to have forgotten the whole innocent until proven guiltily and due process!! 

If guilty in the end, feel free to throw around those words then.

Edited by 88Canuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Tower102 said:

I think you hit it right on the head.

I’m reading a lot of finger pointing here, and that’s natural. I’m also seeing a lot of folks calling for the law to hammer down on whichever player is proven guilty. That’s understandable too. What doesn’t make sense to me is all the resistance from this forum when something similar happened with Virtanen. Posters were looking the other way, were trying to sweep things under the rug, and were trying to deflect from the absolutely horrible human being that Jake was. Not a fan of the double standards. 

20 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

I’m reading a lot of finger pointing here, and that’s natural. I’m also seeing a lot of folks calling for the law to hammer down on whichever player is proven guilty. That’s understandable too. What doesn’t make sense to me is all the resistance from this forum when something similar happened with Virtanen. Posters were looking the other way, were trying to sweep things under the rug, and were trying to deflect from the absolutely horrible human being that Jake was. Not a fan of the double standards. 

There was certainly a noisy few. A lot of the same crowd ok with the bigotry in the sweater and tape threads un-coincidentally. I don't think there's a lot of hypocrisy involved there, just different posters.

4 hours ago, 88Canuck said:

People aren't doing that!

You and a lot of society seem to have forgotten the whole innocent until proven guiltily and due process!! 

If guilty in the end, feel free to throw around those words then.

Due process! Give me a break! These five losers left a paper trail of text messages incriminating themselves at every turn. One who i'm pretty sure its been established as being Alex Formenton went as far as texting the girl days after threatening her if she didn't recant her story, saying things would be worse for her then them if she took it any further with police. There is enough credible evidence that has leaked out in this case that nails these fuckers to the wall! There is no innocence here..

It takes a special kind of piece of shit to call up four of your buddies and invite them over for pizza and a go at a helpless drunk girl!

I sincerely hope all those dudes end up playing 3rd tier in some barn in bumfuck Lithuania!

14 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Due process! Give me a break! These five losers left a paper trail of text messages incriminating themselves at every turn. One who i'm pretty sure its been established as being Alex Formenton went as far as texting the girl days after threatening her if she didn't recant her story, saying things would be worse for her then them if she took it any further with police. There is enough credible evidence that has leaked out in this case that nails these fuckers to the wall! There is no innocence here..

It takes a special kind of piece of shit to call up four of your buddies and invite them over for pizza and a go at a helpless drunk girl!

I sincerely hope all those dudes end up playing 3rd tier in some barn in bumfuck Lithuania!

What a stupid / ignorant post!!!

I never said that there wasn’t a possibly of them being guilty at the end of the day, but everyone has rights!! That means innocent until proven guilty and due process whether you like it or not. How would things be without those things / those rights?! What if someone accused you of something you didn’t do, but you were automatically guilty. It’s different when the tables are turned isn’t it! Would you be okay with that? Let me guess…that’s a hard no! That’s what regular people call a hypocrite / double standards. Guess what, innocent people get accused of things all the time, so just maybe we have laws / due process for a reason. 

Then, you spit crap out like you have all the facts / evidence! The only ones that have ALL of that are the police. 

At the end of the day, if they’re guilty, then feel that way / say those things. Until then, I’d keep your opinions to yourself! 

Edited by 88Canuck

2 hours ago, Guntrix said:

JV was found not guilty was he not? This kinda proves the point that the court of public opinion had already decided his guilt before matters were settled in court, I remember cdc was also split simular to these threads here but I don't think it's fair saying canucks fans were trying to cover it all up or ignore JV situation that's simply not true. 

2 hours ago, 88Canuck said:

What a stupid / ignorant post!!!

I never said that there wasn’t a possibly of them being guilty at the end of the day, but everyone has rights!! That means innocent until proven guilty and due process whether you like it or not. How would things be without those things / those rights?! What if someone accused you of something you didn’t do, but you were automatically guilty. It’s different when the tables are turned isn’t it! Would you be okay with that? Let me guess…that’s a hard no! That’s what regular people call a hypocrite / double standards. Guess what, innocent people get accused of things all the time, so just maybe we have laws / due process for a reason. 

Then, you spit crap out like you have all the facts / evidence! The only ones that have ALL of that are the police. 

At the end of the day, if they’re guilty, then feel that way / say those things. Until then, I’d keep your opinions to yourself! 

I don't see what was so ignorant in my words there? Perhaps I was a bit too harsh on the sex predators..  My apologies, I tend to take offense to stories of over privileged rich dudes getting a girl drunk and having their ways with her. Those rat bastards at Hockey Canada are just as guilty for attempting to cover the entire thing up too! 

It's an unfortunate situation all around but nothing I said was false or an assumption. I pulled all that information from reports published by Rick Westhead. It can all be found throughout his articles.. That dude has been all over this case exposing those sick individuals. We owe a lot to that man's investigative reporting! The dude is like The Gretzky of Investigative Journalism! 

At the end of the day these five dudes are guilty as hell! Regardless of your "innocence until" BS...

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck.. Guess what sir.. You've got yourself a god damn duck! 

All of that aside..

I feel as if so should end this by saying 

GO CANUCKS GO! 

Because who really gives a fuck about those five scumbags. Lets let them focus on their "mental health" 

Those poor boys!

Edited by Don Brodka Jr

20 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

I don't see what was so ignorant in my words there? Perhaps I was a bit too harsh on the sex predators..  My apologies, I tend to take offense to stories of over privileged rich dudes getting a girl drunk and having their ways with her. Those rat bastards at Hockey Canada are just as guilty for attempting to cover the entire thing up too! 

It's an unfortunate situation all around but nothing I said was false or an assumption. I pulled all that information from reports published by Rick Westhead. It can all be found throughout his articles.. That dude has been all over this case exposing those sick individuals. We owe a lot to that man's investigative reporting! The dude is like The Gretzky of Investigative Journalism! 

At the end of the day these five dudes are guilty as hell! Regardless of your "innocence until" BS...

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck.. Guess what sir.. You've got yourself a god damn duck! 

All of that aside..

I feel as if so should end this by saying 

GO CANUCKS GO! 

Because who really gives a fuck about those five scumbags. Lets let them focus on their "mental health" 

Those poor boys!

Don't worry about 88Canuck, he can't handle seeing anyone's opinion that doesn't match his own.  Westhead should be inducted into the HHOF for his work to expose the predators in the game and hold them accountable.  

• Cheers 1

The NHL's handling of the 5 players now on leave ... If they are the 5 ..... Is disgusting

If they are the 5 and the NHL knows it .... The players facing charges should be placed on leave by their teams and the NHL and not placed on personel leave.

There is a difference..... One says we got your back take the time you need , the other says as.your being charged you can't be here ..... We will set up a meeting when the verdict is know 

I don't know who the NHL is using for their PR skills but it seems they went with the lowest bidding company that is acting like it's 1924 vs 2024 

2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

The NHL's handling of the 5 players now on leave ... If they are the 5 ..... Is disgusting

If they are the 5 and the NHL knows it .... The players facing charges should be placed on leave by their teams and the NHL and not placed on personel leave.

There is a difference..... One says we got your back take the time you need , the other says as.your being charged you can't be here ..... We will set up a meeting when the verdict is know 

I don't know who the NHL is using for their PR skills but it seems they went with the lowest bidding company that is acting like it's 1924 vs 2024 

They did an investigation but haven’t released anything because of the ongoing investigation by the London Police.  Hockey Canada is in the same boat and there multimillion dollar sexual abuse slush fund is sure a bad look, I am sure they would like to be in front of this more too. 
London police took 6 years and even then announced we are going to announce something but not for 2 weeks.  This just lets the rumours and innuendo pick up and fester again. 
The criminal side of things needed to play its course.  The NHL will announce what they are doing after the police finally make their statement. 
There has to be a better system than this but the NHL also has to work with the PA and within the constraints of a slow moving system on a complicated case.  Formenton for example has had to take leave from Euro team and come back, witnesses and suspects all over the globe and a pandemic in the middle of it.

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

They did an investigation but haven’t released anything because of the ongoing investigation by the London Police.  Hockey Canada is in the same boat and there multimillion dollar sexual abuse slush fund is sure a bad look, I am sure they would like to be in front of this more too. 
London police took 6 years and even then announced we are going to announce something but not for 2 weeks.  This just lets the rumours and innuendo pick up and fester again. 
The criminal side of things needed to play its course.  The NHL will announce what they are doing after the police finally make their statement. 
There has to be a better system than this but the NHL also has to work with the PA and within the constraints of a slow moving system on a complicated case.  Formenton for example has had to take leave from Euro team and come back, witnesses and suspects all over the globe and a pandemic in the middle of it.

Its a tough situation for the police because they can't just go arrest them when they are out of jurisdiction, so they gave them a time limit to turn themselves in which gives them time to get to London (two weeks seems lenient though, I guess its a good will thing, we'll give you time to say your goodbyes and get sorted and we don't have to track you down). I'm sure the police didn't want this leaked, but it has unsurprisingly and now there is a 2 week period of silence allowing all kinds of public speculation to fester in public opinion. The NHL certainly can't say anything regarding it until the London police have. The way they did announce the leaves has made it fairly obvious to everyone who the 5 are so that it stops that speculation and keeps innocent players out of the mouth of the public tarnishing their reputations. Not sure what could have been handled differently or better. 

18 hours ago, N7_Gyoza said:

JV was found not guilty was he not? This kinda proves the point that the court of public opinion had already decided his guilt before matters were settled in court, I remember cdc was also split simular to these threads here but I don't think it's fair saying canucks fans were trying to cover it all up or ignore JV situation that's simply not true. 

In cases like these, the absence of hard evidence makes it difficult to find someone guilty. It’s basically a ‘he said she said’ situation. 

The 5 players currently in the spotlight might also get away with a slap on the wrist if there’s no decent evidence. That hasn’t stopped posters from being much harsher on them than they were on Virtanen. 

for those saying "The police have texts/video" just realize that they  may have video and they may have texts---- but they may also be lying.

Cops are allowed to lie, until they get in front of the Judge.

Cops will often lie " Joe said you did this"  puts pressure on Sam to turn on Joe, because he now thinks Joe ratted on him.

Let the Judge sort it out, it's why we pay them the big bucks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gurn said:

for those saying "The police have texts/video" just realize that they  may have video and they may have texts---- but they may also be lying.

Cops are allowed to lie, until they get in front of the Judge.

Cops will often lie " Joe said you did this"  puts pressure on Sam to turn on Joe, because he now thinks Joe ratted on him.

Let the Judge sort it out, it's why we pay them the big bucks.

Yes and here it isn't innocent until proven guilty, that's the USA.

Here you have to prove your innocence.

Sucks cops can lie and that should be able to be used in court.

22 hours ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

What th…. Disgraceful