[GDT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

Chickenspear

12 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I hope they rest Demko for this one so he plays Saturday when I watch the game live against Bluejackets.

Interesting comments by Tocchet suggesting he may keep Demko from travelling on some upcoming road trips to give him more rest. Did anyone else catch that?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-lotto-line-dominance-wanes-as-trio-faces-perplexing-offensive-slump/

ICE CHIPS – After shutting out the Blackhawks while starting for the ninth time in 11 games, goalie Thatcher Demko was excused from Tuesday’s regular practice, replaced by practice goalie Roman Basran. Tocchet said the team is considering taking Basran, a 22-year-old who played junior hockey in Kelowna and last season dressed for 11 games in the ECHL, on road trips so that Demko can get more rest

I read that as Basran will be there for practices on the road.  I'm sure Demko will still be with them.  Just not on the ice all the time.

• Cheers 2

Hope Binnington plays tomorrow and we light him up like a Christmas tree 🤬 

We can beat them just gotta play our game on our terms. Hoping for another big game from our 2nd line or are they our 3rd whatever. Boeser’s gotta get one he’s been quiet lately.

Edited by CanuckMan
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I read that as Basran will be there for practices on the road.  I'm sure Demko will still be with them.  Just not on the ice all the time.

And I did hear him say that he'd like to bring Silovs up from time to time for a home game to back up Desmith so that Demko can go a full day without getting his goalie gear on

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slegr said:

I hope they rest Demko for this one so he plays Saturday when I watch the game live against Bluejackets.

Interesting comments by Tocchet suggesting he may keep Demko from travelling on some upcoming road trips to give him more rest. Did anyone else catch that?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-lotto-line-dominance-wanes-as-trio-faces-perplexing-offensive-slump/

ICE CHIPS – After shutting out the Blackhawks while starting for the ninth time in 11 games, goalie Thatcher Demko was excused from Tuesday’s regular practice, replaced by practice goalie Roman Basran. Tocchet said the team is considering taking Basran, a 22-year-old who played junior hockey in Kelowna and last season dressed for 11 games in the ECHL, on road trips so that Demko can get more rest

Taco gets it.

8 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Alf's Empties hotline is now 3-0-0 so I decided to call again. Don't know if it's their success but I spent 6 minutes on hold, at $7.99/minute was almost gonna hang up when i finally started getting info and they predict Vancouver with the win. Sadly couldn't afford to wait for the final score and GWG scorer as they were talking quite slowly.

PS; the operator, I believe her name is Jenny, sure has a sexy voice.

Alf.jpg.8c83a7b6bb11567de445e7b22b9e695d.jpg

Jenny is a dish.

7D1BD25B-38E0-4D3A-AE85-EED22EDBF277.gif.26ca9912e05416040a8e756ff2c324d1.gif

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

So pleasant now without the Tankers, Debbies, and Nancies.

Where have they gone?  Who cares?

But everyone is welcome back on the Canucks Stanley Cup Bandwagon!

Tank?  Tanks, but No Tanks.

I'm still here.

Supporting the team, but many of my tocchet concerns linger.

This team has a lot of potential but potential means you aren't worth a damn thing yet.