[GDT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

Chickenspear

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I'm still here.

Supporting the team, but many of my tocchet concerns linger.

This team has a lot of potential but potential means you aren't worth a damn thing yet. 

Thing is though, NO team is worth a damn thing yet.

Survival of the fittest in the playoffs. Grind it out. Goaltending's huge and we've got that covered.

May the best men win.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Survival of the fittest in the playoffs. Grind it out. Goaltending's huge and we've got that covered.

May the best men win.

When you win it all no one can take away that glory. Vegas, Colorado Tampa etc were champions, until you get there you are a footnote.

Team has exceeded expectations and i'm hoping they defy it all and win it, doubting my passion is foolish, but need to see some more growth, adaption before i feel it. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

May the best men win.

Well, not to brag, but really, just to brag, I've been a Best Man 4 times and Can Confirm:

The Best Men Do Win, at least at Wedding Receptions!

2014-10-28-Drunkguy3-thumb.gif

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

When you win it all no one can take away that glory. Vegas, Colorado Tampa etc were champions, until you get there you are a footnote.

Team has exceeded expectations and i'm hoping they defy it all and win it, doubting my passion is foolish, but need to see some more growth, adaption before i feel it. 

They've got a very tough road ahead of them, much much tougher than the teams hot on their trail.  We'll really see what they're made of from here on out.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Believe In Blue said:

LOL the Flames just choked big time. Had a 3-1 lead then proceeded to:

Let a shorthanded goal in the dying seconds of the 2nd period. Score 3-2

Blues tie it in third. 3-3

Fail on numerous PPs to take the lead. Still 3-3. 

Let in the winning goal from Saad in the last minute of the game to lose in regulation. Blues win 4-3.

HAHAHA🤣🤣

Lames are gonna be sellers soon

• Tank 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I've still got my towel

I still have my original towel from the Roger Nielson Concession to the Referees.

Neilson-Clip7856.gif

It is in very poor condition from being dragged out every playoffs.

PLAYOFFS?!!??  Did someone mention The Playoffs?

FN Right We Did!  The Vancouver Canucks are Going Back to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

And we are going to kick some butt when we get there!

5fb11924fef05e3b1ffef41d19152286.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I'll miss y'all.

Let's go Canucks....we never lose! And it's glorious.

Miller naysayers chiming in last game, hope he has a killer game and shuts them all up.

You have to admire their willingness to stick to a position. Miller is 4th in points in the NHL 😆

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

This Oilers win streak is the most annoying thing I've seen in awhile.  They're lucky they haven't had to meet us during it

Yeah, the TV Jocks should have to repeat a caveat every time they gush over the FN Oil, something like:

The Edmonton Oilers are unbeaten in their last 15 games, but they haven't had to face The Vancouver Canucks at all in that stretch.

All hockey fans are therefore cautioned that, as always, listening to HNIC gush about an Edmonton Easy-Streak can be Extremely Hazardous to your Mental Health.

Please keep your games PVR-ed and fast forward through their Endless Drivel,

or you'll end up like Craig Simpson,

a Long-Winded, Drooling, Simpering Fawn Boy:

a3edd40953e125745326baf1475be33f.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

This Oilers win streak is the most annoying thing I've seen in awhile.  They're lucky they haven't had to meet us during it

There’s so many oilers fans that claim they’re close to us cause they’re only 5 wins behind with 4 games in hand.  I remember us using that fallacy during the boudreau bump.  They don’t seem to realize they also have 4 more regulation losses than us with 4 fewer games played 🙃. They can suck it

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

I also love this time before everyone gets to work, eats a couple caffeines, sits down and pretends to work while the forum loads in the background.

Once work starts, the thread gets so busy I can't keep up.

Then there's a lull just before 4:20 as they sneak out early to listen on the radio on the drive home.

Lots of time, at this time, for, Lots of Love For Our Vancouver Canucks.💞

• Haha 1

My hope is that the boys are methodical playing the game, like a machine. Grind away, each line over the boards like waves. Learn to play playoff hockey now. Tough and disciplined. As someone once said, you don't have to be perfect, just be brave. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Cue the "Spin Doctors"  biggest hit - "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong"  crowd.  

It's sure nice.   To have a JT Miller.    

"The Spin Doctors" being the keyword! 😆

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

There’s so many oilers fans that claim they’re close to us cause they’re only 5 wins behind with 4 games in hand.  I remember us using that fallacy during the boudreau bump.  They don’t seem to realize they also have 4 more regulation losses than us with 4 fewer games played 🙃. They can suck it

It's unreal how the Coilers have closed the gap though. Pukey, but unreal. 

• Like 1