[GDT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

Chickenspear

44 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

And then auctioned off to benefit Canucks for Kids. Don't see how anyone can complain about that.

Having said that, if they lose tonight, those helmets are going to be blamed 100%.

Going to a great cause. I've changed my mind. I like them now 😆

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Meatball. My cat, Kahui, was named by my daughter after Richard Kahui, the New Zealand All Black centre. She was infatuated with him and watched him play rugby anytime she could. My cat, however, is not a very good rugby player! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think it’s time to put Petey back with Kuz and Mikheyev. Lotto line is not sustainable long term unless they pick up a capable 2nd line C down the road.

Would be great timing to get those three going together (stretch coming up) , Hogz back with Miller and Boeser than? He gets my vote. Hogz has been playing great for a long while.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think it’s time to put Petey back with Kuz and Mikheyev. Lotto line is not sustainable long term unless they pick up a capable 2nd line C down the road.

They can also swap Brock.   Truly don't think it matters.   

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I had to laugh at the HNIC panel the other day when they described the Canucks as playoff virgins. They had to experience playoffs before they could be considered true contenders. Then, of course, they went on to extoll the Oilers and how they were the true contenders coming out of the west. 

History pretty much bears that out doesn't it?  Not many Cinderella runs in there.  Most teams take at least a few to get to the top of the mountain

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

History pretty much bears that out doesn't it?  Not many Cinderella runs in there.  Most teams take at least a few to get to the top of the mountain

Sure, you are right. I just can't stand hearing it from SN. 

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I had to laugh at the HNIC panel the other day when they described the Canucks as playoff virgins. They had to experience playoffs before they could be considered true contenders. Then, of course, they went on to extoll the Oilers and how they were the true contenders coming out of the west. 

How many cup winners are there on their team?   We've got a few.   Plus some vets who've had some playoff experience.    And suppose the bubble doesn't count as much.   Will be awesome, to watch us beat them.   The only teams that scare me, are Dallas (we can beat them),  WNP (goaltending wins cups sometimes mostly on its own, or at least can turf good teams) and Vegas.     EDM... enjoy the regular season.    Now I want to play them in the first round.   Second would be better, but first is ok too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 4

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Cup or Bust wagon.  Hope the wheels fall off sooner or later.

It would be a miracle if they can sustain that level of play. 

My money's on them burning out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think there is a caveat to their simplistic analysis.  They are discounting our t-e-a-m. How we are made up. We have imo a great mix of youth Huggy EP, and vets, Cole,Myers, Miller, bubble Demko, and a strong supporting cast, the bottom 6. 

Leadership is important here. We have experienced leaders behind the bench and in the locker room. Foote Gonchar the Twins, Taco. As a whole there isn't anything any of our key pieces haven't seen or been through. I think our team chemistry is good to go. 

Eastern sports media can fawn over whomever they want fkthoseguyz. At least we have Juice, he's worth 10 of them.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's fair.   CHI also sucked.  PIT also sucked.   And turned it around quickly.    I don't think it's a Cinderella run, if you're leading the league or a top team in the regular season either.     Have to wait and see how we do in the post season for sure.   The bubble wasn't so bad.   17 playoff games in the books, puts the core aside from Horvat, at better then all but 3 teams (yes with an asterisk..but we did play 17 games, that's 3rd round in a normal season, and no I don't think we were that good either, but it does show that we have some oompfh). 

You don't have to take the critical lens.   Get that you spent years trashing Brock, weren't a fan of not trading Miller.   Why can't we all come together and just hope for the best?   Not worry about next year.   This could be our year.   During the time this team was "building" it also showed promise.    Both with Green, and with Bruce.    Vegas was decimated by injuries, then won a cup.    The only thing in our way right now,  is that.   Knock on wood.  We aren't playing back-ups anymore.   Every team is coming after us.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

And then auctioned off to benefit Canucks for Kids. Don't see how anyone can complain about that.

Having said that, if they lose tonight, those helmets are going to be blamed 100%.

Oh, for sure we will blame the helmets if we lose, but we won't be losing

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IBatch said:

They can also swap Brock.   Truly don't think it matters.   

this is the weakest comment I have seen in a long time. Swap brock with who? Demmers? JT and Brock can adapt to Pizza man, HogΩ, Petey or whoever. Boeser doesnt get swapped unless its for Crosby.

2 hours ago, Thats a small body said:

I sadly lost this little guy yesterday so i could really use a win tonight guys. Win it for meatball

20231212_090718.jpg

Sorry to hear that.  Always tough to lose a good boy/girl.   

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Be great if the Nucks get another 2 points tonight, as they should against the Blues. Same with the Jets beating the Leafs!…And keep both team’s atop the standings in the Western Conference.

• Cheers 1