[GDT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

Chickenspear

Just two games left before the break - hope for a strong effort tonight from the good guys against an improving Blues team.  Would like to see in the last couple of games - more scoring from the 2nd line + to continue solid D box-outs to keep vision lanes clear for Demko / Desmith as opponents seem to be driving a bit more nowadays.

Seems that every team is putting their best foot forward against the Canucks - so we should try  to match that effort.  It would be nice to keep the points coming, given the Oilers don't appear letting up.

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tusk said:

this is the weakest comment I have seen in a long time. Swap brock with who? Demmers? JT and Brock can adapt to Pizza man, HogΩ, Petey or whoever. Boeser doesnt get swapped unless its for Crosby.

Ericsson Ek? 6'2" 206 lb centre?

Minnesota would love hometown boy in Boes. Ek is about 5M 

Would that work one for one? Ek hast been recorded as to like to play with Petie. He's a steady 20 plus goal scorer but also faceoffs are what we need.

One for one or does one of us have to add something. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Would that work one for one? Ek hast been recorded as to like to play with Petie. He's a steady 20 plus goal scorer but also faceoffs are what we need.

It wasn’t a trade proposal, just a line swap. See the posts above you.

as for your proposal I’d say no.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

IF we keep Kuz.... and with Lekk & Podz in the pipe, it is a trade I'd do in a heartbeat.  Boeser has definitely changed my opinion of him this year, but the move would give us solidify longterm depth at C, and allow room for growth in the top 6. 

In addition, Ek at 5.25m for 6years is ridiculously good value, and immediately opens up cap space for us.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Would be great timing to get those three going together (stretch coming up) , Hogz back with Miller and Boeser than? He gets my vote. Hogz has been playing great for a long while.

I think Hogz works with Miller/Boeser. Doesn’t help that we have 9 day break in between January 27 and February 6 games. I hate the all star game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

There is no logic in trading good player for good player..You trade junk,pick and young guys for something like EK.That is logicall

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

This wasn't what I was saying.   Swap Brock from the JT Miller line, to play with EP.   

Instead of moving EP back to Kuzmenko, and Ilya Mikheyev, the post I was responding to, move Brock over to EP, and let Miller center Kuzmenko and Ilya M.   And why is that weak?    My main point is, Miller can do it with anyone, which he's already proved.   Green's last season and Bruce's first.    I don't personally think, it matters much whom he plays with.   EP, apparently it does.     So if they want to shake it up, shake it up.    I still think that Millers the "line driver " and EPs the "game breaker".    The Lotto line always ends up failing, and somehow, the dialogue has been that's on Miller.   I don't think that's the case.    The math adds up too.   So why not give him, the "lesser players".    And see how it goes.     As fans, maybe we will finally know too.    EPs not the first line.   Millers and Brocks like have been all year so Millers line.     That's who Tochett has tasked to play the best on best, right off the hop.   If EP wants his 12, then go out and earn it.     It's nice to have both for sure.   And a one line team, as many people have already stated, isn't going to work.    Tochett is a great coach.   He's playing the keys like a master pianist.   Why not do that? 

Ok I got you.

You could just say swap EP and JT.... I mean thats what you are saying. And I think that could work because JT can for sure fix MIK and Kuz.

Still first overall in the league in points with 68(!) and just barely second to Boston in %-age.

Warning:  Math:   .723 - .728 = -.005 .

Can't wait to see the baaaad tv jocks squirm, whimper, and moan as they become required to report on Canucks' Successes.

They'll even try to look like they're talking Vancouver up, but we'll know differently: Rats are Rats even if they're Smiling Rats.

Like Tony Gallagher trying to smile when the Canucks were winning; his face just wouldn't work properly!

Squirm you rotten rats, squirm.  We're #1.  With a bullet. 

Oh, its going to be so good.. "Squirming rats on TV mom!"

Squirming rats on tv: You know who you are.

MacLean, Simpson, Hrudy-Toot; we know who you are; now squirm.

Beer guy doing the Rat MacLean Party Dance:

49id.gif

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Ok I got you.

You could just say swap EP and JT.... I mean thats what you are saying. And I think that could work because JT can for sure fix MIK and Kuz.

Kuz just needs a passer, ep or jt. I'd rather ep but fine with miller

17 hours ago, Tusk said:

What top line? JT Brock and Hogz, or Mik Petey Kuz...... 

Or you just mean Lotto line and no second line?

Thats actually a good question. :classic_biggrin:

28 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

When I first saw the metallic helmets I thought they were terrible but after seeing more pics I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts.

Very interested to see the buckets, also very interested to see what Rick does with the lineups

I’m with you on this

Looks like Optimus Prime blue!

They’re more than meets the eye 🤖

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

IF we keep Kuz.... and with Lekk & Podz in the pipe, it is a trade I'd do in a heartbeat.  Boeser has definitely changed my opinion of him this year, but the move would give us solidify longterm depth at C, and allow room for growth in the top 6. 

In addition, Ek at 5.25m for 6years is ridiculously good value, and immediately opens up cap space for us.

Yup, it's almost a no brainer with that contract.

36 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think Hogz works with Miller/Boeser. Doesn’t help that we have 9 day break in between January 27 and February 6 games. I hate the all star game.

Couldn't agree more. The all star game is super lame and I miss hockey while that facade is going on.

45 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

There is no logic in trading good player for good player..You trade junk,pick and young guys for something like EK.That is logicall

But a 2nd line in need of a center proficient at FO's is the question.