[GDT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

It speaks volumes to those posters who only come out to bitch about the team or its players during a loss. Pettersson played bad this game. Actually, he's been playing bad for the last little bit, but he doesn't deserve any criticism at this point. He's earned the right to play bad for now. I'm sure he'll work on playing better and it'll be okay.

Yeah his game hasn't been terrific... unlike two weeks ago when he was NHL player of the week.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jetliner said:

This is playoff hockey. You are 100% going to cheap-shotted. The refs are not gonna call those cross checking penalties like the one in OT. Bettman's gonna make sure the canucks don't win the Cup.

So what are you gonna do? 

Petey, thats a learning lesson for you. Next time don't be a bitch and give the puck away. Play smart. Give it back to your D and get off the ice cuz you've been out there forever in OT.  

I've provided a solution but apparently some people can't handle the idea of these dirtbags having to answer the bell.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No one is saying everything was his fault but these last four games, his game hasn’t been there. That’s a lot of periods in a row to just be blah. He’s not alone though. Slumps for Boeser, JT and Petey don’t help the team at all. I don’t just mean scoring either. They just look distracted and disinterested at times.

What did Boeser do wrong though? He had two assists (primary) that led to the goals tonight. He also hasn't been the weakest link on the line. JT has scored recently, but has missed a lot of shots. We do need Petey to play better than he's doing though.

• Cheers 2

Just now, PureQuickness said:

It speaks volumes to those posters who only come out to bitch about the team or its players during a loss. Pettersson played bad this game. Actually, he's been playing bad for the last little bit, but he doesn't deserve any criticism at this point. He's earned the right to play bad for now. I'm sure he'll work on playing better and it'll be okay.

Criticism is fine.  Call a spade a spade.  EP had a bad game.  Boeser is snake bitten (should have buried that shot).  Zad had a Myers night. Etc.

• Cheers 3

Just now, PureQuickness said:

What did Boeser do wrong though? He had two assists (primary) that led to the goals tonight. He also hasn't been the weakest link on the line. JT has scored recently, but has missed a lot of shots. We do need Petey to play better than he's doing though.

Id say Boeser was the only other player to not be stinky tonight.

• Cheers 2

Just now, luckylager said:

But it wasn't and we still got a point after only playing for maybe half the game.

Agreed, they should be thrilled they got a point after that poor effort

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

Lot of players had poor performances defensively tonight. Blues were very structurally strong and I hated our lack of jam in the final power play. Re reffing, as much as the OT check on Petey was frustrating, I really didn't like the cross check (or whatever you want to call it) on Hughes, thought that was dangerous and I hope he is ok. Take the point and be ready to play next game. GCG

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Keslers Ghost said:

Lot of players had poor performances defensively tonight. Blues were very structurally strong and I hated our lack of jam in the final power play. Re reffing, as much as the OT check on Petey was frustrating, I really didn't like the cross check (or whatever you want to call it) on Hughes, thought that was dangerous and I hope he is ok. Take the point and be ready to play next game. GCG

One thing about the Blues since their slide down the standings they’re always a hard team to play against. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 minute ago, Keslers Ghost said:

I had no issue with that non call.  I'd be pissed if a Canuck got called for that

• Cheers 1

Bright spot…

Suter Miller Boeser line seems to work.  Probably because Miller and Boeser can play with anyone (like PDG).

Not so bright spot…

Mik EP Kuz line doesn’t seem to be working anymore.  Something needs to change.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not an excuse. It’s a blown call. Fact. 

Yeah. Just like the blown call against Petey against the Rangers in OT here. 

But, he definitely needs to get up and backcheck instead of looking around at the ref. 

Too bad, it was a nice comeback and some great efforts by a lot of guys. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not an excuse. It’s a blown call. Fact. 

I love Petey, pick him for GWG pretty much every night but he had a bad game. Every night there's missed calls, gotta play through them, we lost because we had a pretty bad game for the most part and quite frankly Petey had one of his worst games, can't blame the refs for that.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agreed, they should be thrilled they got a point after that poor effort

That will be the refs excuse

I hope RT tells EP and EVERYONE in OT with so much open space, DO NOT LOOK AND WAIT ON THE REF

Just because you look at him won't make him blow his whistle, Keep playing until there is a whistle or horn !

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Bright spot…

Suter Miller Boeser line seems to work.  Probably because Miller and Boeser can play with anyone (like PDG).

Not so bright spot…

Mik EP Kuz line doesn’t seem to be working anymore.  Something needs to change.

Put the Hog with EP and Kuz. 

Mik to the 4th line. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we learn tonight to be more aggressive. This team absolutely murders the league when they stay on top of their opponents but the last 4 games we've played extremely passively and are banking on our execution.

Despite grabbing points this team isn't playing the right way to win consistently, especially against a playoff team. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I love Petey, pick him for GWG pretty much every night but he had a bad game. Every night there's missed calls, gotta play through them, we lost because we had a pretty bad game for the most part and quite frankly Petey had one of his worst games, can't blame the refs for that.

Not denying he had a bad game that was just simply a bs non call. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1