[GDT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Please for the love of God. Mikheyev is absolute stone hands these days. 

I like Mik, but he's not pulling his weight, in my opinion. 

Hoglander is much more electrifying, plus that guy just doesn't give up. Having him on that line would be a great example of what Tocchet wants out of Kuz, as well. 

• Vintage 2

We lost the game because Petey got up and tried to keep playing hockey. If he stays on the ice where he was cross checked DeSmith would have fallen over him trying to make the save for an easy coach's challenge. 

I think someone should have taken the Blues player with the dirty hit on Hughes, lined him up and dusted him.

Might have woken up the team a little more.

Can't allow that kind of play to go unpunished even if the Refs ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Bright spot…

Suter Miller Boeser line seems to work.  Probably because Miller and Boeser can play with anyone (like PDG).

Not so bright spot…

Mik EP Kuz line doesn’t seem to be working anymore.  Something needs to change.

They need a skilled player, that's fast on the forecheck & a puck hound...Hoglander

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I had no issue with that non call.  I'd be pissed if a Canuck got called for that

Yeah that's the problem. Is it worthy of an overtime penalty? No. Can it be allowed to create a goal? Double no. So what do you even do with that play? It only became a problem when he was wide open to score because of what he did

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

Blatant interference?

I totally agree.  The cross check away from the puck was a total missed call and lead directly to the game winner.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I had no issue with that non call.  I'd be pissed if a Canuck got called for that

Fair enough. For me it was on the margin given the speed of that play and the angle of Hughes' shoulders when he turned, but he got him in the numbers a few feet off the boards. Looked dangerous. Was not the difference in the game either way.

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

Refs didn't lose that game, despite the missed call.  The Canucks were awful, that's what lost the game.  Tochett should look at himself for messing with the lineup in a streak.

Respect the streak

IMG_2642.jpeg

• Haha 1

It’s all good.  On top of the league.

I think management will make a move - trade wise- to provide a solution for the second line. The fact that Hogz has like 14 goals and hasn’t been given a long term shot indicates to me they ( coaches) don’t trust him up there. I mean is he even on PP2? 

But why? Seems to be a bulldog on the boards. Outstanding athleticism. Good one on one. Are they concerned with his vision? Defensive coverage? Does he struggle against defenders and checkers used against top 6 players? 

25 minutes ago, Darius said:

It’s all good.  On top of the league.

I think management will make a move - trade wise- to provide a solution for the second line. The fact that Hogz has like 14 goals and hasn’t been given a long term shot indicates to me they ( coaches) don’t trust him up there. I mean is he even on PP2? 

But why? Seems to be a bulldog on the boards. Outstanding athleticism. Good one on one. Are they concerned with his vision? Defensive coverage? Does he struggle against defenders and checkers used against top 6 players? 

I'd like to see him (Hogz) get a shot on the 1st power play unit instead of Kuzzy and Suter. Even if just a short stint to see what he has to offer. 

I'd also be interested to see what Joshau looks like as a net front presence on PP 1. He's a big body hard to move and has some finish in tight.  

Not at the same time, in different games.   

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not denying he had a bad game that was just simply a bs non call. 

As a player you can complain all you want but you can't control the refs calls. However, you can control whether you get up and try to stop the game winning goal.

No big deal it happens. Be better next time. It's about perspective. You see the blown call while many of us see the entire sequence of poor play that lead up to it. For me we made crucial errors long before the call/non call and that's where the focus should be. On things you can actually fix. Whining about reffing gets you no where.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

As a player you can complain all you want but you can't control the refs calls. However, you can control whether you get up and try to stop the game winning goal.

No big deal it happens. Be better next time. It's about perspective. You see the blown call while many of us see the entire sequence of poor play that lead up to it. For me we made crucial errors long before the call/non call and that's where the focus should be. On things you can actually fix. Whining about reffing gets you no where.

Petey getting up and trying to stop the game winning goal was what allowed it to count. If he just stayed exactly where Schenn put him DeSmith would have run into him trying to cut down the angle and any goal scored would be disallowed. It's a teachable moment for sure. 

Edited by drdeath
  • Cheers 1

Not upset about the game, and those complaining about the call, who cares? We played pretty well for most of the game but this is a beatable team, can't be angry at a missed call, just happy we got a point and move on. 

• Cheers 1

Refs are dogsh.

That crosscheck on Petey??!!!  Ref looking right at them? I had a bird's eye view of it and it was something that needed to be called. Ridiculous. Game freakin' management in action.

Also, Krug's a pos.

I'm also appalled at one of the so called "hosts".  I was with my friend who was in a really bad motorcycle accident in September (season ticket holder) and is in a wheelchair. They've swapped out her regular seats for wheelchair section until she recovers. The hag working that section needs a slap and she was lucky she didn't get one. We had 2 seats....#15 & 18. There are markers indicating "seat numbers" and they're measured off so people pull their wheelchairs up in the right position. There are chairs against the wall for those accompanying them. Seats from about 8 to 15 weren't empty...so I wheeled my friend up to 15 and I pulled up a chair at #14. This witch host comes over to bark at me "NOT THAT CHAIR" and sort of jiggles it as I'm sitting in it. OK, fine....whatever. I grabbed a different chair. What a lovely way to greet people.

Then she told me I had to move...I'm in the wrong "seat" (which I was). But we told her we also had #18 and someone in a wheelchair was in that spot...so no big deal, right? We told her if someone comes to occupy 14 I'd move but she was insistent. Cop wannabe. And f'n rude as hell. Funny thing is, I was at an open practice once and she was working and wanted to chat with me the entire time...she was bored. And annoying. She obviously didn't remember me but I remembered her. She told me Kirk McLean's an ahole and arrogant. But maybe it's just you, lady.

Anyhow, she was persistent and the game was about to start...I was getting pissed. I took pictures as she accosted my friend. Who does that? To someone in a wheelchair? We told her to go ask the person in 18 to move out of our spot but....she wouldn't! She told us to squish together into one spot...it was ridiculous. My friend had her wheelchair butted up against the seat of the person beside her. This hag was so unreasonable. Then said "well I haven't seen you up here before, do you belong here?". WTF? Yes...my friend's leg is mangled and she can't walk. She belongs here. You probably don't. I should've heaved her over the rail. 

During the game, she and two other hosts were chatting right behind us and this b was leaning on the back of my chair. OMG lady, don't push me. (Woops, I just sang that like Torts).

Anyhow, she'll get a write up. I'm going full Karen with an email. With pictures of her in action. 

What a way to treat people. It turned out the two ladies who arrived for seats 13 & 14 seemingly were very familiar to her. Not in wheelchairs, but frail. But she was hanging with them and clearly they were regulars that she was partial to. Special treatment stuff.

What a cliquey cow this beast was. If we had been newcomers, she would've ensured we'd never come back. But no, lady...this is MY team. You move your wrinkled ass out of my way. This was her...she looks psycho. There was more, but I just got calmed down on the drive home. That cross check and that crotchety hag.

At least we got a point. Oh, btw...I hate the Blues.

422462429_10160735578865549_825627516884

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Have @-dlc- ring the cowbell of his noggin! Much better approach.

I wasn't going to use my cowbell due to the section I was in. Out of respect for those around me.

But f it. When hagzilla was behind me it was ON. Full cowbell. "I dare YOU to tell me to put it away". At that point, I was so sick of her sh I just didn't care.

• Haha 1