[PGT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

47 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

I wish we can go on a 14 game winning streak 

They really had no choice....sink or swim time.

We went on a bit of a run (16 wins in 21 games) last year after digging a hole too.  Desperation'll do that.

JFresh was another wanker who went long LA Kings before Christmas haha. So that's Drance, Mike from Surrey , Patrick Johnston and JFresh. 

The King's were their last wise take ass to talk down the Canucks with and look what happened 

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 3

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

Not worried at all about the playoffs.

They don't use the gimmick.   We'd still have four guys on the ice.    Our 3rd period holding the lead.    We've barely gone to OT, where as other teams like the Bruins have pumped their stats massively.     And one of the best things about this team, is we have shown a ton of resilience in bouncing back after a loss.    9/10, this game wouldn't go to OT either, we'd have beat them in regulation (they got lucky, St. louis).    

Im pretty sure when the whistles get put away, it won't matter.    Games like this are good lessons for that.  

Hope so. I still have boston ptsd our forwards getting bullied and none stop penalties no calls

• Vintage 1

22 hours ago, Jaimito said:

balanced scoring up and down the lineup. 

Looking at the last few games it's crazy starting with the Leafs.  Where both Garland and Hogs gets 2 goals each.  Then against the Blackhawks it was Kuzmenko's line that got the 2 goals.  This game was the Suter show.  Balanced scoring but minimal production from the big line.  

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

This weight slowing people down thing is so overrated. Nathan MacKinnon is 3 inches shorter than Petey and never lost a step bulking up, and he is around 200 pounds. Ovi played at 230 pounds in his prime and still could blow by people, not so much now. McDavid plays at 195ish. Fastest guy in the game. Larkin is around 200 pounds and is one of the fastest dudes in the game. There's zero reason to think 6'3 Petey can't get stronger on his skates and push 190 pounds without losing a step, while shorter dudes can get bigger. I truly believe he's a top 3 talent in hockey if he were 190+ pounds.

I hear you there in terms of straight-line I was thinking in terms of making guys miss with lateral quickess.

1 hour ago, tas said:

i use reuters for news. I'm talking about sports journalism.

I'm speaking firsthand, what it was like. I read those newspapers, and then their online equivalents, for many years. it wasn't perfect, there were always things you'd roll your eyes at or tony gallagher shooting his mouth (fingers?) off, but it was professional. there were certain professional courtesies, decorum, unwritten rules, understood dynamics that existed between the team and the writers, and no more. now it's combative idiocy.

True. Too many writers make themselves as much of the subject as what they’re supposed to be writing on. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True. Too many writers make themselves as much of the subject as what they’re supposed to be writing on. 

hunter thompson has this huge cult following and all these little knobs think they're raoul duke, but I swear to god 98% of them are idol worshiping the wrong traits. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Oilers win again. I really fucking hate the Oilers

Crazy how despite their run, they still haven't caught up to us. I think our biggest from now till the end of the regular season is to win out the division. It would pay crazy dividends if that does indeed happen, and the Oilers & Golden Knights go to war with one another in the first round.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Crazy how despite their run, they still haven't caught up to us. I think our biggest from now till the end of the regular season is to win out the division. It would pay crazy dividends if that does indeed happen, and the Oilers & Golden Knights go to war with one another in the first round.

Agreed. I'm just hoping they go on a losing skid. They have played weak teams though most of them bottom dwellers. After the ASG their schedule gets harder

55 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Hope so. I still have boston ptsd our forwards getting bullied and none stop penalties no calls

That's exactly it. As soon as Horton got taken out the refs let the Bruins run wild. All the rules laid down that season went out the window.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

JFresh was another wanker who went long LA Kings before Christmas haha. So that's Drance, Mike from Surrey , Patrick Johnston and JFresh. 

The King's were their last wise take ass to talk down the Canucks with and look what happened 

Yeah, the way they were all so sure of themselves.  Drance said the same thing, they King's were "elite under the hood" unlike the Schlubs here that make up the Canucks roster.  The whole PDO club thought the Canucks were overachieving and playing far beyond their talent level.  

Edited by Pure961089

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I can't stand this jfresh dude. 

• Cheers 1