[PGT] Vancouver vs. St. Louis - Wednesday, January 24th - 7pt/10et - SNP/650

1 hour ago, tas said:

hunter thompson has this huge cult following and all these little knobs think they're raoul duke, but I swear to god 98% of them are idol worshiping the wrong traits. 

They are knobs. Asinine, petulant knobs. 

mmm GIF

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

annoyed GIF

Bleh....not happy....you can't win them all but still, thank god for Suter, ....but seriously Tokky....calling out your star player ...not cool....a private word and some generic 'they could be better to the press' well I guess will see if this affects Petey's decision making? how thick of a skin does Petey have?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Only able to watch the 10 minutes highlights.

Happy with the point honestly after being down at the beginning of the third.

I guess we're not trading Suter now?

I don't think we were ever gonna trade Suter. He just signed his contract this year and has one more year remaining

Edited by Bure10Kuzmenko96
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Imac's my favourite journalist too. He lives nearby and I saw him in the local Tim Hortons a few months ago and he was SO friendly. We chatted about the team for a bit.

He's one of the only ones I read...and I do like the 650 guys and listen to them...Sat, Dan, Bik

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I don't think we were ever gonna trade Suter. He just signed his contract this year and has one more year remaining

And he’s signed at a great cap allocation. This management group is so much better than the previous. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

My tongue-in-cheek comment was directed at some in the forum who want to trade away any player who hits a patch of non production

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Garland for Tanev? Flames would need to add. Maybe a bigger deal with Garland + for Tanev + Lindholm? 

The meme was Chris doing the asking. just a joke, though I think reporters are having a hay-day with the idea of of bringing the Tan Man back.

Who currently the on Canuck's defense would lose his job and be traded or demoted To Abby or, traded.  From what I've seen, we're OK; Not perfect but real good. 

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The meme was Chris doing the asking. just a joke, though I think reporters are having a hay-day with the idea of of bringing the Tan Man back.

Who currently the on Canuck's defense would lose his job and be traded or demoted To Abby or, traded.  From what I've seen, we're OK; Not perfect but real good. 

Soucy stays on LTIR until the start of the playoffs? 

11 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol, this is like a half completed thought

Hronek not a good partner ... solution ??? ... akin to

Find Your “?”. How I shall figure out what I want to… | by ...

:frantic: 😁

How’s that hard to understand. ??? Basically meaning we need someone else to put next to Hughes and Hronek should be on the 2nd pairing with a more defensive player. 

14 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Great article by an actual journalist regarding Tocchet’s dealing with the media. 

Love Tocc's response to the media. If you're going to spin my words, I'll just stop talking to you.

They set a trap, he stepped over it, and they fell in!

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, tas said:

i use reuters for news. I'm talking about sports journalism.

I'm speaking firsthand, what it was like. I read those newspapers, and then their online equivalents, for many years. it wasn't perfect, there were always things you'd roll your eyes at or tony gallagher shooting his mouth (fingers?) off, but it was professional. there were certain professional courtesies, decorum, unwritten rules, understood dynamics that existed between the team and the writers, and no more. now it's combative idiocy.

The problem is ... among many ... it's easier and takes little effort to have low standards and be unprofessional. That's one of the reasons why it's so rampant. 

We've lowered the bar in society across many fields so that more people can compete and participate, including journalism, which is all well and good, but that comes with consequences that few think about on a larger level.

It's much harder and takes more effort to have higher standards and be professional. Those professional courtesies, decorum, unwritten rules, understood dynamics get in the way of people doing what they want when they want. 

And this is all not to mention that fact checking and a value on accuracy takes time and effort. That's why we've shifted to valuing opinion because it's easy and fast and we value speed and fiction over accuracy and fact.

I could go on and on for pages about this.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yea, that's true. But I can Tocc benching Boeser like he did with Miller a while ago. 

Gotta keep players accountable. Tocchet's doing that. 

How? Why? Boeser's been playing solid two-way hockey, why would Tocc bench him lmao

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We’ve only lost twice in regulation in our last 15.

We’re doing fine. 😉

Yeah, 17-2-3 in their last 22 games. Oilers crumble against good defensive teams.  The last good team they played was Florida and they lost 5-1.  Their stretch has been against bottom feeders like Anaheim and Chicago.

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1